Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bioware companion characters your most fond of

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Bioware companion characters your most fond of

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.07.2013 , 10:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Kreia is technically not a Bioware character - it's on Obsidian game. However, why she? She is an interesting character, sure, but one that you feel your player character has feels particularly attached to? difficult to imagine. Even if you think of her as a wise teacher it's difficult to like her...
"which companions mean most to your characters when you play the game" this is a subjective question, you leave it open the poster to determine which comps meant the most. I thought Kreia was pretty cool too.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

Oxades
03.07.2013 , 11:20 AM | #12
1. Vette, My Sith just canít go to the dark side with Vette around.
2. Minsc, at the end of BG2 he was the only one I did not ask if he would go with me to face Jon Irenicus. I knew no matter what that Minsc would always have my back.
3. Imoen, I was so outraged when the Mages of Amn arrested her that I raced thought chapter two as fast as I could just to rescue her.

There are other BW characters that I really like but these three are the ones I remember the most.

Rabenschwinge
03.07.2013 , 12:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
"which companions mean most to your characters when you play the game" this is a subjective question, you leave it open the poster to determine which comps meant the most. I thought Kreia was pretty cool too.
I further elaborate "which companions mean most to your characters when you play the game" after asking the question you quote though, so I don't leave it open. Especially in connection with the title - who you're most fond of. Which I mean, as described, from an in-character perspective.

The idea for this thread came after installing BG2 again and - well, there was this feeling like my main and Imoen were truly sisters, so the question is which characters touch others in similar ways.
(Spoiler for Baldur's Gate II)
Spoiler
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Chamby-X
03.07.2013 , 12:48 PM | #14
Ah, this brings back some fond memories of all the Bioware games I've loved over the years. Sadly the Baldurs Gate series and Neverwinter Nights never really happened for me as I didn't have the PC for them back in the day.

Let's see, companions who meant the most to my character, excluding the ones I romanced? Just using my 'main' characters, not the subsequent playthroughs - we'd be here all day!
KOTOR - I played a male light side Revan (so, canon) and had a solid bromance going with Canderous. Mutual respect there.
Jade Empire - gotta be Dawn Star as I romanced the princess instead of her. Friends since childhood!
Dragon Age Origins - In terms of fondness of my heroic main character who died killing the Archdemon, probably Alistair. Another bromance.
Mass Effect Trilogy - For my paragon Shep, who else but Garrus? Again, a big time bromance there. Saying goodbye to him was emotional, talking about storming heaven together and all that.
Dragon Age 2 - Varric. Easy!
SWTOR - For my main JK, probably T7. T3? Doc is cool but a Jedi needs his trusty droid. My dark side Sith Warrior has respect for Quinn.
Jedi Covenant
Chamby, Lvl 50 Jedi Sentinel - Jayus, Lvl 51 Sith Juggernaut - Jorre, Level 16 Jedi Shadow - Chambyr, Lvl 1 Sith Inquisitor

MWidowmaker
03.07.2013 , 01:11 PM | #15
Leliana, Fenris, Isabella, Alistair, Morrigan, Varric from DA:O and DA2
Mako, Guss, Lokin, Jaesa, HK 51, Elara, Risha, SCORPIO, Blizz from this game
Miranda, Garrus, Thane, Wrex, Grunt, Ashley, Vega, Kasumi, Zaeed from ME1-3

cidbahamut
03.07.2013 , 01:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxades View Post
2. Minsc, at the end of BG2 he was the only one I did not ask if he would go with me to face Jon Irenicus. I knew no matter what that Minsc would always have my back.
I have never managed to complete a play through of Baldur's Gate II without having Minsc in the party, and goodness knows I've put in the hours to do so many many times over. It doesn't matter what the rest of the party is, Minsc has to be there.

titanmike
03.07.2013 , 02:12 PM | #17
The only ones that pop into my head.

Mission Vao.
Wrex.
M1-4X.

I have played every BW game from BG1 to TOR.

Edit, I forgot HK and Zaeed.

FearlessTeapot
03.07.2013 , 02:22 PM | #18
I can't believe all of you heathens missed Deekin.

ticklefist
03.07.2013 , 02:24 PM | #19
1. Jack (ME2)
2. Morrigan (DA)
3. Kaliyo (SWTOR)
4. Aveline (DA2)
5. EDI (ME3)

Honorable Mentions: Henpecked Hou from Jade Empire and Varric Tethras of Dragon Age II.

Have yet to play the BG games and will never have the nostalgia goggles required to appreciate KOTOR.

Shwarzchild
03.07.2013 , 02:35 PM | #20
1. Liara. All time favorite female character in any game.
2. Morrigan
3. Mordin
4. Vette
5. Hk
6. Allistare
7. Merrill
8. Mako
9. Garrus
10. of course Wrex. That big old dino lookin mofo was the man.