Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel Skills

primedef
03.06.2013 , 05:25 PM | #1
I found that I like this advanced class alot. I have a level 16 scoundrel and a level 22 gunslinger but scoundrel has the play style I like. My question is at level 16 I dont have alot of skills so I mainly use backblast blasterwhip thermal grenade then flurry bolts till cool downs are done but by then most mobs are dead. I dont seem to have a good blaster attack that can I use not in cover. I have quick shot but useless unless dual wielding blasters and charge shot only works in cover defeats the purpose of being mobile fighter. So whats a good rotation at this level and what blaster skills should I add later as I level up that I can use while not in cover?

AngelofCain
03.06.2013 , 06:04 PM | #2
you want to shoot stuff? gotta go dirty fighting, otherwise it's up close combat(scrapper).

Scrapper doesn't really shoot things, but punches, blaster whips people and shoots them from behind.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

randiesel
03.10.2013 , 09:20 PM | #3
You're going to be pretty gimp until you get Sucker Punch (Scrapper) or Shrap Bomb (DF). Scrapper will prove to be even more gimp until you hit the *magical level* 36 where you get Shoot First. In comparison to other classes, it's just not as fun or amazing leveling earlier on, but it starts picking up by third tier talents.

Sabotage Charge can be used just dipping into cover for a split second and then using it, preferably timed well with GCD. That'll allow you to stay mobile and have a heavy attack that most people won't expect. Other than that, you have your melee-range attacks already listed and kinda lackluster in the mid-range department until you level up some more. Stick with it, it gets better (more fun).

Greyif
03.11.2013 , 01:55 AM | #4
I have a 50 Gunslinger and a few other 50s, I love the smuggler story so I have started leveling a scoundrel (LvL15), after I decided leveling a shadow is just too boring. Back Blast being on a 12 second cooldown makes it pretty lame compared to shadows ability to mash backstabs, however from what I have seen in talents and new abilities level 36 does appear to be the golden level, with 40 getting even stronger, sad that the class takes so long to mature but that is just how it is =/.