Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rested EXP for lv 50 players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rested EXP for lv 50 players

ItchyThePenguin
03.06.2013 , 05:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Umm... how do you know that level 50s won't get retroactive rested time when the expansion is activated on their account? That's pretty much the way it works with other MMOs, so I really don't see why this one would be different. They clearly have the analytics to check and award you the correct amount of rested XP.
That's how it works in other games? I had no idea. I just kinda figured that when 2.0 hits Live all the current level 50 people wouldn't have any Rested XP on them. Not that rested XP is a big deal in any way, shape, or form, though.

Also, let's not forget about those XP boosts. Those will probably be more effective than Rested XP by itself anyways.
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (65)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

TheWookiee
03.06.2013 , 05:47 PM | #12
With Legacy xp bonus and Cartel xp bonuses, I think this is a non issue. If it is, park your alts in the cantina till you finish leveling up your main and you should have quite a bit of rested xp.

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 05:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
You're always going to have the e-peen levelers who have the 5 day early access, have a huge stash of XP boosts, will schedule a week off from work for their 24/7 power leveling marathon, and have a pre configured power leveling group simply so they can proclaim "I am the first!" No amount of rested experience will overcome that.
Some people prefer to play the end game content only, this doesn't make them "e-peeners" or ones who want to shout "first". Example, I really don't care for the PvE/story factor in this game at all, but would rather get to the highest level possible to reach end game content for PvP. I know I'm not alone in this either. It's not a biggy to me if there is no rested XP saved for 50's, but it's not an outrageous concern either.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Blackavaar
03.06.2013 , 06:05 PM | #14
Actually, I've noticed that if you don't actually play the character, just log in once in a while, you do gain rested XP. It only goes away when you actually do something.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

jgoldsack
03.06.2013 , 06:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Some people prefer to play the end game content only, this doesn't make them "e-peeners" or ones who want to shout "first". Example, I really don't care for the PvE/story factor in this game at all, but would rather get to the highest level possible to reach end game content for PvP. I know I'm not alone in this either. It's not a biggy to me if there is no rested XP saved for 50's, but it's not an outrageous concern either.
If you only want to be 55 for yourself, then why does it matter if someone else gets there before you because they are 49 with rested XP and you are 50 without?
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

Andryah
03.06.2013 , 06:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ItchyThePenguin View Post
That's how it works in other games? I had no idea.
Yep... For instance: WoW... as soon as you enter your expansion code and login...bang... your xp bar goes active and it's full up with rested xp.

And rested XP is significant at that level .... so a full rest XP is probably going to help zip you through the first couple of levels.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

ItchyThePenguin
03.06.2013 , 06:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yep... For instance: WoW... as soon as you enter your expansion code and login...bang... your xp bar goes active and it's full up with rested xp.
Cool beans! Let's hope that's something they do here, then!
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (65)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

Heezdedjim
03.06.2013 , 06:50 PM | #18
You will have a full bar of rested when 2.0 rolls. That's how it is on PTS now. When you first login, you have 500K of 500K rested XP. Which is nice, since it's around 3 million XP from 50 to 55 (about the same as the total from 42 to 50).

Radzkie
03.06.2013 , 06:56 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
You're always going to have the e-peen levelers who have the 5 day early access, have a huge stash of XP boosts, will schedule a week off from work for their 24/7 power leveling marathon, and have a pre configured power leveling group.
OMG

How did you know?!

Lol just kidding... sort of. I don't care about being first.

Anyway, rested exp would be nice, but it doesn't upset me that we wont have it.

Heezdedjim
03.06.2013 , 06:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
Anyway, rested exp would be nice, but it doesn't upset me that we wont have it.
We will have it. In fact we already do. You just can't see it after you hit the level cap.