Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rested EXP for lv 50 players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rested EXP for lv 50 players

Anariodin
03.06.2013 , 04:43 PM | #1
Until 2.0 comes out, a Lv 50 player does not get any rested EXP. But a Lv 49 does.

This may be a "yea and?" statement, but imagine a Lv 49 with 400k rested EXP and only 1k from leveling up. Once 2.0 comes out, that player will have more rested EXP than any Lv 50 and be able to hit 50 and then keep going with 399.5k rested EXP.

Since Legacy EXP is not supposed to be effected by Rested EXP, allowing Lv 50 players to accumulate rested EXP would not assist them until a level cap increase were to be applied. 500k Rested EXP would be a big help for Lv 50 players and give everyone an equal advantage for getting to Lv 55.

jgoldsack
03.06.2013 , 04:56 PM | #2
Oh no, someone might reach 55 before you! It is the end of the world!

Seriously, it is a non-issue. If you have been 50 for any decent amount of time, your gear will be superior to that of any level 49 player, and thus will help you defeat the 50+ content much faster, pretty much nullifying the bonus rested XP will grant the player.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 05:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
If you have been 50 for any decent amount of time, your gear will be superior to that of any level 49 player, and thus will help you defeat the 50+ content much faster, pretty much nullifying the bonus rested XP will grant the player.
You seem to forget, Legacy gear.

To the OP, yeah it would be nice to get that rested XP, wouldn't make or break me if not added but I think the question has merit.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

jgoldsack
03.06.2013 , 05:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
You seem to forget, Legacy gear.

To the OP, yeah it would be nice to get that rested XP, wouldn't make or break me if not added but I think the question has merit.
No I didn't forget legacy gear. I was going on the assumption of "main" characters, because that is what people will be leveling from the start. Level 50 characters will start gaining rested XP as soon as the account has access to ROTHC, so any alts one has will get rested XP from the get go.

Regardless, big whoop if someone can max level before you can. It is really not a big deal, and not something that needs to be fixed.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Bastila-chan
03.06.2013 , 05:10 PM | #5
Lol jgoldsack, you made me laugh. But I completely agree with you. I mean, what about all those who preordered the expansion, they get 5 days early access. They also have a big advantage over others.
But serously, don't power level your first char, enjoy Makeb, listen to the conversation of all side quests, they did spent a lot of money in voice over you know. If somebody hits lvl 55 because he skipped all convo and rest exp, so be it. You can catch up with him the next day, and you'll be 55 together.

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 05:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Regardless, big whoop if someone can max level before you can. It is really not a big deal, and not something that needs to be fixed.
For you perhaps, others however, have their own opinions.

Thanks.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

LadyVix
03.06.2013 , 05:24 PM | #7
You're always going to have the e-peen levelers who have the 5 day early access, have a huge stash of XP boosts, will schedule a week off from work for their 24/7 power leveling marathon, and have a pre configured power leveling group simply so they can proclaim "I am the first!" No amount of rested experience will overcome that.

Stoicraven
03.06.2013 , 05:31 PM | #8
omg no rested xp..............-yawn-

next complaint

Andryah
03.06.2013 , 05:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Anariodin View Post
Until 2.0 comes out, a Lv 50 player does not get any rested EXP. But a Lv 49 does.
Umm... how do you know that level 50s won't get retroactive rested time when the expansion is activated on their account? That's pretty much the way it works with other MMOs, so I really don't see why this one would be different. They clearly have the analytics to check and award you the correct amount of rested XP.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

ZXFiveNineAFour
03.06.2013 , 05:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Anariodin View Post

This may be a "yea and?" statement, but imagine a Lv 49 with 400k rested EXP and only 1k from leveling up. Once 2.0 comes out, that player will have more rested EXP than any Lv 50 and be able to hit 50 and then keep going with 399.5k rested EXP.
Are you sure that this is how it works currently? If 50 is the cap for rest xp, can you actually accrue any over what it would taken to get to 50? I haven't tested it (and can't since I don't currently have a level 49 character), but I would think that if you 1k xp away from 50, that you wouldn't be able to gain an amount of rest xp over 1k.

Just curious.

Either way, my personal opinion is that it's not a big deal to make it to 55 first. But that's just me. To each their own, I suppose.