Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this a Joke or a hack phishing attempt?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Is this a Joke or a hack phishing attempt?

DarthSabreth
03.05.2013 , 08:31 PM | #1
I recieved this Email and it seems a bit ludacris to be real. who on earth would believe that this makes our accounts safer? is this a april fools day joke like Blizz does?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SWTOR ACCOUNT

Beginning April 2, 2013, you will only be able to log in to the Game or Website using your
Display Name Your email address will no longer be accepted from that point forward.

We want to inform you that beginning on April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or website will require your Display Name. Email addresses will no longer be accepted; your Display Name will be the only accepted option.

This new change to the log in procedure is being implemented for several reasons. This change increases the security of our game authentication system, which helps continue to keep the game protected from many security threats including account takeovers.

In case you do not know your Display Name, simply:

Your Display Name will be shown on the top right-hand side of the website homepage.

You can use your Display Name for logging in to the website and game immediately and we encourage you to do so.
We value our players and we want you to know that the continued security of your account is our top priority.

Regards,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????? WHAT???????/
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

cabled
03.05.2013 , 08:44 PM | #2
Would be good if you looked at the main site or the dev tracker. lots of information on the front page.

DarthSabreth
03.05.2013 , 08:48 PM | #3
Thanx.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

JediCahlwyn
03.05.2013 , 08:54 PM | #4
It will be more secure. Just because you don't understand and/or you aren't privy to behind the scenes security features... boggles my mind.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!