Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In Contradiction?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Display Name Only Log In Contradiction?

xAZUREx
03.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1
Massive contradiction

Quote:
This new change to the log in procedure is being implemented for several reasons. This change increases the security of our game authentication system, which helps continue to keep the game protected from many security threats including account takeovers
so the fact that no one can see your e-mail but everyone can see your username makes your account safer how since finding out the e-mail and password would be harder than just finding the password had they made it e-mail log in but if I'm wrong please tell me why
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
Ace Squadron (Member)
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

Riddlyn
03.05.2013 , 05:58 PM | #2
If this came as an email...I got one too...on an email address NOT associated with SWTOR at all. AND the site they give to 'test' is not swtor.com
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I donít think you realize that what you heard was not entirely what I meant.

Likomg
03.05.2013 , 07:24 PM | #3
I agree with the OP, this is a terrible idea that weakens account security, not strengthen it.

Likomg
03.05.2013 , 07:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Riddlyn View Post
If this came as an email...I got one too...on an email address NOT associated with SWTOR at all. AND the site they give to 'test' is not swtor.com
I had thought the same thing, but you will notice they have the same announcement on the forum login screen, so it appears legit.

JediCahlwyn
03.05.2013 , 08:56 PM | #5
Read the Dev tracker. It will be one portion of a larger security update. Just because you don't understand all the inner workings doesn't mean it isn't a good move. Seriously... you are not the experts. Read the dev tracker.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

dekeonus
03.06.2013 , 03:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
Read the Dev tracker. It will be one portion of a larger security update. Just because you don't understand all the inner workings doesn't mean it isn't a good move. Seriously... you are not the experts. Read the dev tracker.
umm they can't even get password handling in their webforms right
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=607678
what makes you think EA/Bioware knows what they're doing as far as security goes?
ERROR: reality.sys not found, universe halted!