Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Editing display name

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

evidlante
03.05.2013 , 02:52 PM | #1
This is a bit of a odd question but is there a way to edit my display name?

Bronholz
03.05.2013 , 03:48 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings evidlante,

Thanks for contacting us.

In general Display names cannot be changed. There are some circumstances in which they need to be changed, for instance if it is your real name or if it is offensive.

As this doesn't appear to be the case for your Display name then, unfortunately, you won't be able to change it.

Thank you.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Yoshiru_Airken
03.05.2013 , 04:14 PM | #3
This is actually a bit upsetting. If you are forcing us to use our Display Names, it would be great if we had the ability to change them. I made mine four years ago, and normally do not use the forums, so this has not been a problem before now.

evidlante
03.05.2013 , 05:18 PM | #4
Yeah, I had actually misspelled mine when I first joined. Since I used my email to log in, I never really cared.

GwenThe
03.05.2013 , 05:25 PM | #5
Agreed that this is a bit upsetting.. The display name I picked was for a website I didn't intend to use frequently, so I wasn't concerned about the name being something I cared about. Now I am forced to use it for gameplay. Had I know that when I created it, I would have chosen something different.

Thravos
03.05.2013 , 05:25 PM | #6
This is really upsetting. You are now going require us to use the display name to login. I made a throw away display name to try out the game. Either let me log in using email or let me change my account name. Or even let me move characters to a new account.

Nazomishi
03.05.2013 , 07:20 PM | #7
This is highly upsetting to me as my display name is one I used for a short period of time when I pre-ordered the old republic. I was trying to replace one I had used for nearly 10 years at the time but the one I used for the pre-order did not stick. I did find one I am VERY happy with a few weeks before the game deployed. Since my pre-order was with the old one and could not be changed I decided to live with it since my email could be changed and was what I logged in with and saw on a day to day basis.

So now I'm stuck with a name that not only do I use for NOTHING it in fact annoys the hell out of me. I havent even thought of the name in more than a year.

I dont care if I have to pay a bit to have it changed but there needs to be a CLEAR and EASY to use way to change user names if we are having to log in with them.

If I knew this was going to happen a year ago I would have scrapped the characters I had and made a new account but now that I have nearly 4 50's and half a dozen other characters in their twenties that would be a MASSIVE waste of time.

Kadikur
03.05.2013 , 07:24 PM | #8
I apologize in advance but... I fail to see why this is upsetting.

Whenever I create an account for any mmo I play I use a name that:
1) Is NOT my real name
2) Is something I can easily spell
3) Is something I can easily remember
4) Is not something I would be embarrassed to be associated with
5) Under the assumption that some time in the future it will be used as my log-in name (if it isn't already)

Following those 5 rules makes it so you never have to worry about naming... so I truly do not understand why it would be upsetting when you cannot change your log-in name.
The use of profanity is simply the result of a weak mind trying to assert itself forcefully.

DarthSabreth
03.05.2013 , 08:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshiru_Airken View Post
This is actually a bit upsetting. If you are forcing us to use our Display Names, it would be great if we had the ability to change them. I made mine four years ago, and normally do not use the forums, so this has not been a problem before now.
I agree, i think that we should have a seperate name for our logon, or atleast the abbility to change it. There has been alot of heated arguments on these forums and im sure that some of the less scrupulous charecters that play this game will be laughing maniacly at the chance at knowing 50% of the players / posters logon. atleast let us change our display names and change our security questions before doing this. it just seems a bit insane to me. I though the Email i recieved was a phishing attempt because of how ludicriss it sounded.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

spectreclees
03.05.2013 , 08:40 PM | #10
Yeah, I feel the same way. I made this account ages ago and the name I use does not reflect my in-game alias or current name that I use. I'd like people to be able to know who I am on the forums and in-game. Ah, well.