Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game suddenly running slowly, and laggy.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Game suddenly running slowly, and laggy.

Volgarr
03.02.2013 , 05:51 PM | #1
Been playing this game for about a month now and it was working fine. Yesterday when I made a new character it started acting really laggy and slow. When it came to dialogue options, to the take cover thing, or just sitting and taking out your weapon it just randomly started going unbearingly slow.

I know it isn't my computer system or anything like that, which is pretty much every answer costumer service gave me. So yeah, help for a first time forum poster?

SirMannii
03.02.2013 , 07:01 PM | #2
/signed

Latest patch made eveyrthing slow and laggy.

xxiFROSTYxi
03.02.2013 , 08:35 PM | #3
/signed

I am having very slow connection and my internet provider claims its on Bioware's end.

Looka
03.02.2013 , 09:52 PM | #4
Yep, horribly laggy and slow. So bad to the point that I literally get sound skipping in cutscenes occasionally. I've updated literally every driver on my computer, hardware and software alike and nothing has helped.

Contacted "support" and they told me it's my ISP when I'm getting 32 down and 27 up.

Not sure how game engine lag is effected by my connection but it sure made me laugh.

Ramtar
03.02.2013 , 09:57 PM | #5
Very simple. It's the weekend and F2Per are online and overloading the servers.

pdcole
03.02.2013 , 10:15 PM | #6
/signed

Servers: Begeren and Harbinger
ISP: Telus

I agree, this last patch has made the game really laggy. all movements are jerky and slow to respond. It's as though it is making the CPU work harder then ever before.

Before it's suggested, I have done everything that has been recommended on this forum, (thank you OwenBrooks!), to improve the performance of my computer and the game short of going out and buying a new computer. (which I just can't afford to do, although I wish I could.)

- updated my nvidea drivers (made the game run worse so I rolled them back)
- Ran sfc /scannow (no problems detected)
- performed a chkdisk (no errors found)
- performed defrags
- performed a repair to the launcher (no errors found)
- re-ran the setup.exe
- performed a bcdedit /increaseUserVa
- deleted the DiskCacheArena file
- changed 3d settings in nvidea control panel to render only 1 frame, triple buffering, single monitor, ect.
- reduced the in game graphics to their lowest settings.
- ran the game in resolutions from 800x600 up to 1920x1200 (my native resolution)
(BTW: changing the resolution did not seem to effect the jerkyness of the gameplay.)
- ran the game in fullscreen, fullscreen(windowed), and windowed (nadda)
- disabled desktop composition
- performed a clean boot.

From what I can tell the bottleneck is happening at my CPU. Now i can live with a certain amount of jerky and laggy gameplay, and expect it with my computer system, I tend to only play pve anyways and if I die, so be it. But since this last update I can't run space missions, can't get into a battle, basically can't play the game.

Now, I will add my dxdiag.txt but I can't see how it's going to help. It might just be that, since this last update, I can no longer run this game on my computer. Which is a shame because I really do enjoy it.

Spoiler

Thank you BW for your time and consideration of this issue.

PDCole

Count_Midnite
03.03.2013 , 03:13 AM | #7
Same here. I can't play the game I enjoy because of very very bad server lag, I've done all they have told me, it's on their connection, not mine. I like this game, but I haven't played it in a week because of how performance goes. I keep trying everyday and still nothing works... Such a good game, don't want to cancel my sub...

Triumpher
03.03.2013 , 04:24 AM | #8
Same here. There is no issue in connection to the NA servers, but telia.net is losing packets in Europe atm.
Btw it's not a bioware problem either, so we should wait.

Chucki [Balance/Seer Sage 50 lvl]
Triumph [Immortal Juggernaut 50 lvl]
Mirage

Count_Midnite
03.03.2013 , 01:25 PM | #9
Bump.

pdcole
03.03.2013 , 05:17 PM | #10
/Bump

Quote: Originally Posted by Triumpher View Post
There is no issue in connection to the NA servers, but telia.net is losing packets in Europe atm.
Btw it's not a bioware problem either, so we should wait.
For me it's been going on since the Feb-26th patch, so i don't believe that it is my network connection. A good thought though.