Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 02:23 AM | #1
As the title says, this is just a friendly reminder that in Warzone's, if your healer does his job well, reward him for it. We don't get as many Medals as DPS'ers but we do our part to keep them alive. And also, normally for Heroics you put the guard on the DPS while Tank takes the aggro, but Warzone's are ENTIRELY different. The enemy marks you as soon as they see that green laser (I mainly use a healing Commando) and the snipers watch your every move. So be sure to put your guard on the healer. Do us a favor and just click that MVP button that allows us to get better gear faster and stay alive long enough to heal you to victory. And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!

TrigPt
03.02.2013 , 02:33 AM | #2
You need to change servers if healers don't top the charts in MVP votes received. In PuG group on The Red Eclipse the top healer can usually count on 2+ votes every match. Most peoples default is freind > healer > someone who deserves it.

Belly
03.02.2013 , 02:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
As the title says, this is just a friendly reminder that in Warzone's, if your healer does his job well, reward him for it. We don't get as many Medals as DPS'ers but we do our part to keep them alive. And also, normally for Heroics you put the guard on the DPS while Tank takes the aggro, but Warzone's are ENTIRELY different. The enemy marks you as soon as they see that green laser (I mainly use a healing Commando) and the snipers watch your every move. So be sure to put your guard on the healer. Do us a favor and just click that MVP button that allows us to get better gear faster and stay alive long enough to heal you to victory. And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!
I dunno, in my experience, the healers usually get plenty of love when it comes to WZs. It's the tanks that seem to go unnoticed.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 02:40 AM | #4
I'm on PotF and there is NO love for healers there. That's why I roll tanks too to show other healers some love.

WickedImage
03.02.2013 , 02:54 AM | #5
And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!
That's just simply not true for most healers. I watch protection players go w/o votes from the healers all the time, more specifically.....zero votes period. That's become my new default vote. Most protection on team gets my vote. I've boycotted healers as they get all the token votes. Of course the votes don't really matter in this game, but I'm sure the tank appreciates the recognition anyways.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 03:01 AM | #6
Meh, usually when I rant on the Fleet about no protection I get other healers whispering me about needing more protection and that they would vote for them too. But I see where you're coming from and you are right that MVP votes aren't much, but hey! every little bit helps. Of course then there's the idiots who get on to us for DPS'ing. It's cause we're protecting our *** while you, as a Guardian, are installing the bomb on the door. Sorry. Rage from today still coming out.

Bullsith
03.02.2013 , 04:44 AM | #7
I think above 50% of the healers I guard are some marauder's pet and they don't give a toss about healing the person guarding them.

So here's a friendly reminder also: Heal your guard cause he's the one who noticed you and keeps an eye on you during the battle and he's the most likely to vote for you if you do a good job.

Personally I make a point of not voting for healer pets (healers following one guy around and ignoring everyone else).
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 04:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
So here's a friendly reminder also: Heal your guard cause he's the one who noticed you and keeps an eye on you during the battle and he's the most likely to vote for you if you do a good job.

Personally I make a point of not voting for healer pets (healers following one guy around and ignoring everyone else).
^^^this too. Always make sure to heal anyone. I'll follow the ball carrier as he needs it but I'll throw down a Kolto Bomb/Missile on the way. And pets are janked up too!

Frobington
03.02.2013 , 06:17 AM | #9
Dat 1 extra comm yo so important

Banderal
03.02.2013 , 06:46 AM | #10
I'm on PotF and there is NO love for healers there. That's why I roll tanks too to show other healers some love.
What? I'm on Pot5, and most of the PUGs I'm in I see healers easily getting 1/2 the votes (how's that for subjective statistics? ). Maybe you are an Imp, and because Imps are evil they hate healers and don't vote for them?