Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MVP system is trash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
MVP system is trash

Blockk
03.07.2013 , 02:26 AM | #31
Id get rid of it, give the 5 comms to everyone who completes the WZ

JouerTue
03.07.2013 , 02:49 AM | #32
i vote everytime just to see others' votes..
i vote watching stats only if anyone makes a good impression on me ingame..usually you can make your idea about who is actually playing..
if i can't remember no one when i watch the board, we must have lost and we didn't play well..so i go for objectives(excluding the 10500 for defending if the node wasn't attacked at all)
heals/dps or protection
i'd suggest to avoid looking deaths and kills because you could be a good player in recruit gear or a smashing monkey

skotish
03.07.2013 , 02:59 AM | #33
I vote for every player the uses their guard and tuants like I do then the stealth players that steal the nodes or blows the doors then healers and finally dps
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Dartai
03.07.2013 , 05:28 AM | #34
As healer I often get 3-5 votes every match. Since I'm usually the healer I obviously don't vote for myself so I go for whoever has the most protection. Which on my server means one in every ten games there's actually a tank that know he can throw out taunts and still get protection even if he doesn't want to guard. Guarding tanks are even better. For the other nine matches that have no tanks I vote for whoever is lowest because they need the comms more than the other people do.

Atramar
03.07.2013 , 05:46 AM | #35
Never vote for smash monkeys, juggs/sins/PTs with no protection (is hitting taunt really that hard?), and never ever for healer who sits offnode by reducing his health to heal and farm medals (not becose I'm jealous, but it's a risk of very fast nod lost if stealther comes while guys is 30%HP).

Usualy going for healers or for node guarder if he calls good incs.
or for person who did something stupid and apologised without being called out.
Like guy who mixed his buttons and could not interrupt cap, or used force stealth instead of run/pass while having ball, AND said 'I am sorry, I screwed up, my fault'
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Technohic
03.07.2013 , 07:35 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Blockk View Post
Id get rid of it, give the 5 comms to everyone who completes the WZ
Yep. It's pointless and the most that comes out of it is threads like these.

Barabaszz
03.07.2013 , 10:57 AM | #37
For example. I vote for guy who def alone nod during game and call incs. He sacrifice his time to let my team wins.
I vote for healers who didnt give up on me and pull me from 100 hp to full hp 20 k with 2 enemys on me. I vote for a guy who save my life pullig out Yedi of me. I vote to sneaky guy who set bomb all alone on enemy gate. This things you cant measure in medals, you just see them sometimes in game. To make this silent heros reward you gave them mvp's.
PowerTech lvl 41 - Zapalnik
curently on mysterius space ship in business and WZ
Bodyguard lvl 50 - Barabasz
curently on WZ

DeadDogBarking
03.10.2013 , 11:03 PM | #38
I actually always vote for the lowest person on the board with one vote already or a guildy.

Taleek
03.10.2013 , 11:35 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
I feel like the MVP system should force you to vote for an opposing player making it more arbitrary as you're more like to vote for someone you feel really contributed to the team.

Voting should not be lossed when someone leaves either. But I'd like to see an automated vote for each as the "all around player" for each team.
I've wished I could do this sometimes when I feel nobody on my team contributed jack.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Greyif
03.11.2013 , 10:36 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Barabaszz View Post
For example. I vote for guy who def alone nod during game and call incs. He sacrifice his time to let my team wins.
I vote for healers who didnt give up on me and pull me from 100 hp to full hp 20 k with 2 enemys on me. I vote for a guy who save my life pullig out Yedi of me. I vote to sneaky guy who set bomb all alone on enemy gate. This things you cant measure in medals, you just see them sometimes in game. To make this silent heros reward you gave them mvp's.
+1 Don't understand some of that, but it's definitely the way to go.