Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MVP system is trash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
MVP system is trash

DarkPharohEclip
03.01.2013 , 10:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
LOL! I vote for guildies over nobodies.If someone actually heals me, I'll vote for them.

I vote for no one if we lose, unless guildies are in the match.

Who are you to dictate otherwise?
I vote for guildies that are in my match too, tbh.

I just said the system was trash, but w/e I vote for healers , if i don't get healed I will vote for DPS, or a guildie if one is in there. I vote for people when we lose just to see if i got a vote.
/thread

iDraxter
03.01.2013 , 10:36 PM | #12
each time I`m in a premade everybody votes down(bottom guy votes top), simple I don`t play with brain dead ppl in my group, if I`m solo I will vote the guy I *saw* contribute most for the team(smart use of CC, epic cap save(s), a freaking guy that knows how to play huttball etc)
Personally I couldn`t care less if they took out the mvp system
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

rlamela
03.01.2013 , 10:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
Players don't vote for the mvp, they vote for their friend Guildie, or anybody but that person they don't like.

MVP should be calculated and chosen by an in game program. Tired of being the one doing most of the work, or having highest dps and watching some clown that isn't healing or doesnt have any medals or dps getting the vote over me when I sat around and waited for the team to exit the match.
Personally I don't care aboot the MVP thing. vote for whoever you want. Alot of times it isn't even known who was mvp. It don't keep track of who scored, who capped, who stopped cap etc.... So my vote will always go to the horrible Sentinel/Marauder who smashed his way to 80K damage.

Jenna'syyde

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 02:54 AM | #14
If I'm playing with a friend or guildie then they come first, but otherwise I vote for who I saw did well. Today in Huttball a teammate made 3 goals (thanks to healing from mwa!) and I voted for them. In turn I got 3 MVP votes. So yeah. Mine goes to the person who deserves it most of the time. Not farmers.

TonyDragonflame
03.02.2013 , 04:40 AM | #15
MVP must give social points.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

klham
03.04.2013 , 01:35 PM | #16
Not sure they should incent or disincent MVP voting. The system is there for players to use if they want, or not use. It's an open system, so I'm not sure that BW needs to change it in an effort to change player behaviour. If players are using it to favour their buddies, that's out of BW purview and reflects on the player base not the game. Working as intended.

I tend to favour healers, tanks, node-guardians, players who engage constructively in chat, clever ninja-cappers, and anyone who did something clever/creative in-game, or went the extra mile, and that stuck with it even when they were getting focused the whole time.. Barring that, I'll vote for the poor guy and the bottom that was queued into the WZ late.

Joesixxpack
03.04.2013 , 02:38 PM | #17
I like voting for the player who really made a difference in the match more than any other teammate; regardless of their role or scoreboard numbers.

But I like even more voting for the guy who joined 2 mins from the end, with straight zeros and 5 deaths on the board.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Technohic
03.04.2013 , 02:42 PM | #18
Can we just get rid of it so people stop ************ over nothing already?
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

TUXs
03.04.2013 , 03:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
MVP must give social points.
I actually like this suggestion. You don't get much more social than running a 16 player activity.

As for MVP - guildies first, then whoever I feel like. I always vote and if you express that you deserve my vote, you'll never get it.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Paulman
03.04.2013 , 04:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
Players don't vote for the mvp, they vote for their friend Guildie, or anybody but that person they don't like.

MVP should be calculated and chosen by an in game program. Tired of being the one doing most of the work, or having highest dps and watching some clown that isn't healing or doesnt have any medals or dps getting the vote over me when I sat around and waited for the team to exit the match.
Most comms are calculated by medals that IS the "chosen in game program". MVP is just a way of saying good job, props to you. The point gain is minuscule.