Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sunday March 3rd Ranked PTS Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sunday March 3rd Ranked PTS Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

texoc
03.01.2013 , 05:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakev- View Post
Curious..would it be possible to have an agreement not to use the new gear (Max Old WH 63s/level 50 augments)? Teams who grind out a full set of the new gear will have a huge advantage, along with the new augments.. (saw an operative with 3k cunning last night) This may turn away a few teams because they don't feel like grinding a whole set of gear on the PTS...

Obviously this would be hard to track.. so it would be honor system.
You dont grind, you just copy a char from Live over with some ranked comms (4000+) multiple times, buy the gear, send it per legacy to your "main" char, equip and have fun. Delete the chars you dont need anymore. Rinse and Repeat until fully equipped and modded.
Previe

Groncho
03.01.2013 , 06:08 PM | #12
Bolster is broken again
RANKED NAKED PVP for the lulz
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

MidichIorian
03.01.2013 , 06:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
You dont grind, you just copy a char from Live over with some ranked comms (4000+) multiple times, buy the gear, send it per legacy to your "main" char, equip and have fun. Delete the chars you dont need anymore. Rinse and Repeat until fully equipped and modded.
It's common that people simply sit on 4000 ranked comms on their Live chars? II haven't saved a comm since it became possible to re- for stabs.

Pahomi
03.01.2013 , 06:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
Bolster is broken again
RANKED NAKED PVP for the lulz
Is this true? Can anyone confirm? I don't even know how to use that exploit as I never really cared for it.

EDIT: Apparently it is true if you play naked.

We could get past this if we all have a Gentleman's Agreement to queue in our gear from the live servers. This way the new bolster bug and the top gear from the PTS problems would be solved. But somehow I get the feeling people will not play along...

Or we could just play naked for the lolz, at that would be balanced too!

Wookieenator
03.01.2013 , 06:35 PM | #15
ID will be qing rwz with gear on tonight... if you don't thats embarrassing

Jenzali
03.01.2013 , 06:37 PM | #16
I was just about to suggest that, lol. Naked PvP with only main hand and off hand would probably be pretty fair to keep the gear balanced between teams

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=605891
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Pahomi
03.01.2013 , 06:37 PM | #17
actually, it looks like using the bolster naked only gives you a very small and insignificant stat increase. In turn you lose your set bonus and, you know, you're naked. So this may not be such a big problem after all.

Jakev-
03.01.2013 , 07:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
My character slots are maxed on the closed PTS so I can't.. Along with other guildmates =S
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

cashogy_reborn
03.01.2013 , 07:33 PM | #19
i would love to get into some RWZ, but i dont have a guild. anyone on PTS able to pick up some people?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Asunasan
03.01.2013 , 11:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
ID will be qing rwz with gear on tonight... if you don't thats embarrassing
Of course they already farmed lvl 55 gear.... We're going to have to decide if we expect each team to farm a full set or if we expect the teams to only use their 50 gear.