Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic Hacking On the Harbinger=out of control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Republic Hacking On the Harbinger=out of control

jediharrsion
03.01.2013 , 05:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
The accusation of Hacking is a serious one. In matters as grave as this one, proof of hacking in the form of screenshots and video evidence are really the only way to substantiate your claim(s). Evidence of this sort is, in fact, the only way to get BW to do anything about the issue if it did actually occur.

That said...Please provide your evidence. A lack thereof just sets off my badalert.
We have seen in the past that players that have submited video evidence or a screenshot have had there threads deleted

SomeJagoff
03.01.2013 , 06:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jediharrsion View Post
The title says it all The harbinger server is by far the worst server for Republic Hacking/Cheating. I know no action will be taken again'st these cheaters. So this will be yet another rant on the subject of cheating. and the hopeful wish that they will be dealt with
Think pub side just has more premades than imp side. And since premades are typically matched against full pugs, more premades = more pugstomping. Hardly hacking though.

Now, replace the word Hacking with Pugstomping in your title and you're corect.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

slowantics
03.01.2013 , 07:04 PM | #23
doubt its hacking. most likely ppl dont know the skills of other classes/specs
i had someone on the harbringer calling me a speed hacker when i used transcendence or w.e its called. while i was in ataru form.
Signature: Coming Soon

KeeferE
03.01.2013 , 07:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
The accusation of Hacking is a serious one. In matters as grave as this one, proof of hacking in the form of screenshots and video evidence are really the only way to substantiate your claim(s). Evidence of this sort is, in fact, the only way to get BW to do anything about the issue if it did actually occur.

That said...Please provide your evidence. A lack thereof just sets off my badalert.
People just simply do not record everything they do in this game.. In truth most dont even know how.. So how can you simple say no screen shot it didn't happen?? you weren't there so shut up... If the OP thinks he/she saw something they have a right to voice it.. End of story..
Rage Quitters never Win...

Ottoattack
03.02.2013 , 12:14 AM | #25
I have played over 1,000 PvP games on the Harbinger and haven't seen one yet.

As usual, the OP saw something they did not understand. Instead of trying to research what it was, assumes its hack then posts a thread.

whitroc
03.02.2013 , 02:07 AM | #26
Ive never seen an instance of hacking. I play on the republic side all the time. Most of the time when people start screaming of hacking they really just dont know the skills of the class they are playing
Aileane <My Ninjas>
Nightypoo <My Ninjas>
Stabu <My Ninjas>

Merras
03.02.2013 , 04:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post

Please stop, 99.9999% (internet statistic, yes I pulled it outta my ***) of what people think is hacking really isn't. If you had actually witnessed hacking, you would report it through official channels not whine in the forums about it. If you report it when it happens while in game, it gives the devs a timefrate and area to look into the information on file and perhaps catch the hackers. Jumping on the forum 3 days later to complain about it means no dev is gonna scan through 500 reams of paper worth of information to try to find that instance of hacking in one huttball match last week.

The question mark icon on your main menu bar is there for a reason, it not only sends in a report, it marks the time and place (instance) that this occurred and helps the devs with tracking down hacks and bugs in game. How do I know this? Because my team in VS once had seen the respawn glitch happen to the other team, and had them try planting the doors from behind. The entire team reported it via the bug report in game before we left the end of the match. Two weeks later it was fixed. Complaining in the forums doesn't get issues fixed, reporting it in game does.

END OF STORY, now quit clogging up the forums and bumping down our nerf X class threads!
Except the GMs are don't do anything at least on Red Eclipse. We caught an Imperial speed hacker assasin. Strangely he could also kill one of my teammates when we waited in respawn area at the beginning of round 2. Me, my guildmate, and several other team members are instantly reported this person - nothing happaned. A week later the ticket was gone without a reply.

Bullsith
03.02.2013 , 04:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by whitroc View Post
Ive never seen an instance of hacking. I play on the republic side all the time. Most of the time when people start screaming of hacking they really just dont know the skills of the class they are playing
Yeah, well, I thought so too until I saw it happen myself. People like to complain, true, but sometimes it's actually very true.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Soulwave
03.02.2013 , 05:30 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Man these threads are like weeds.. Just when you think they've died off, they sprout right back up again.

Please stop, 99.9999% (internet statistic, yes I pulled it outta my ***) of what people think is hacking really isn't. If you had actually witnessed hacking, you would report it through official channels not whine in the forums about it. If you report it when it happens while in game, it gives the devs a timefrate and area to look into the information on file and perhaps catch the hackers. Jumping on the forum 3 days later to complain about it means no dev is gonna scan through 500 reams of paper worth of information to try to find that instance of hacking in one huttball match last week.

The question mark icon on your main menu bar is there for a reason, it not only sends in a report, it marks the time and place (instance) that this occurred and helps the devs with tracking down hacks and bugs in game. How do I know this? Because my team in VS once had seen the respawn glitch happen to the other team, and had them try planting the doors from behind. The entire team reported it via the bug report in game before we left the end of the match. Two weeks later it was fixed. Complaining in the forums doesn't get issues fixed, reporting it in game does.

END OF STORY, now quit clogging up the forums and bumping down our nerf X class threads!
No whats clogging the forum is blind hypocrites like you spamming your non contrucktive nonsence, thinking everthing is fine in swtor.. If you got a problem dont read it. Maybe the reason that he posts this is to make the issue public. Instead of waiting to weeks before getting standard email from bioware

Draqsko
03.02.2013 , 07:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Except the GMs are don't do anything at least on Red Eclipse. We caught an Imperial speed hacker assasin. Strangely he could also kill one of my teammates when we waited in respawn area at the beginning of round 2. Me, my guildmate, and several other team members are instantly reported this person - nothing happaned. A week later the ticket was gone without a reply.
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulwave View Post
No whats clogging the forum is blind hypocrites like you spamming your non contrucktive nonsence, thinking everthing is fine in swtor.. If you got a problem dont read it. Maybe the reason that he posts this is to make the issue public. Instead of waiting to weeks before getting standard email from bioware
They won't reply to a hacking report, it's against policy and that is how it is in EVERY game I've played. If you expect a reply for reporting bugs or hackers, you are sadly mistaken. All you can do as a player is report it and move on with your life. If you click on the help center and search the term bug, and click the link that tells how to report a bug, you will see at the very end: "While we will not respond to a bug report except to acknowledge receipt, please be assured we will investigate all bugs reported to us."

Simply put, they will not discuss the results of any investigation into hacking or exploiting, and do not have to reply. But that doesn't mean nothing was done about it. If you want something done about hacking, report it through official channels, not on a forum. A forum will get you nowhere, I don't care what game you play. The ticket creation system marks where you are, and when it happened when you create the ticket, this helps the Devs track down what is going on, and makes it easier to see if it's truly a hack/exploit going on. Crying on the forums will result in nothing being done about it. This is the same across all games I don't know why you'd think it would be different on SWTOR.

When I see what I think is a hack/exploit/bug, I report it with a ticket. And yes I have had a half dozen tickets made reporting such. I think about half have been even acknowledged. Calling me a hypocrite for giving good advice on how to catch hackers is being short-sighted. Again, complaining in the forums = 0% chance of anything being done, reporting it via ticket = >0% chance of anything being done. Your chances of something being done about it, are greater if you report it via ticket. But please don't expect a reply, automated or not.