Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hotwired checks out 2.0 DPS for Commandos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Hotwired checks out 2.0 DPS for Commandos

GeckoOBac
03.01.2013 , 06:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
Quick question, could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong here? I attempted doing the same sort of parse on the pts using the stock gear though and I got an embarrassing 1668 dps total. I'm following the standard, and stupidly simple, gunnery rotation, but I hear claims about supposed 2.0k parses in the same gear so i'm clearly missing something.
http://www.torparse.com/a/149336

Gearwise I have 2 warhero power relics, no augs, no stim, no adrenal. I swallowed my pride and used a cannon for this parse. Only reason I don't have my adrenal and stim is because I forgot to stock up before transfering and now there are none available. Is that the main issue here? On live I can scratch 2k, which is decent, but I'm clearly missing something in either my gear or my rotation with these new changes.
One thing for sure: you're parsing on the fleet dummy. That means you're losing APM, so dps in practice.
Another thing is: you're losing almost 10% damage due to lack of accuracy, so rework the arkanian set to get to 99.97 accuracy.

For gunnery I noticed that full power or balance power crit doesn't make much of a difference, so you're free to do either. Surge and alacrity are not big issues since by the time you're done with accuracy you won't have many points left there to spend. I'd suggest either balance or full surge. Full alacrity will make you use hammer shot more than you'd like.

This is my gunnery parse, with reworked arkanian, not augmented, exo stim no adrenals, very crappy relics. Ship dummy: http://www.torparse.com/a/146752/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Gyronamics
03.01.2013 , 07:07 AM | #22
Your APM is 28 and mine is 36 on gunnery parse.

Try changing your ability queue to 1s, I feel it helps especially if playing a US server from EU.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

GeckoOBac
03.01.2013 , 07:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Your APM is 28 and mine is 36 on gunnery parse.

Try changing your ability queue to 1s, I feel it helps especially if playing a US server from EU.
IIRC, it was. I also didn't have any alacrity on gear, so a small difference is to be expected. I was also messing around a bit in that parse, I can probably do better, but like I said, given the difference in gear I feel the difference in end dps is pretty much right.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

oaceen
03.01.2013 , 12:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Since PVP spec does alright those playing with the dedicated PVE tree should just suck it up? Good one.
/sarcasm

It really blows my mind that one could actually manage to make the PVP tree more competetive than the PVE tree for PVE.
saying the gunnery is a pve spec while assault is a pvp spec is a misnomer

Khevar
03.01.2013 , 12:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
saying the gunnery is a pve spec while assault is a pvp spec is a misnomer
Gunnery has mostly cast-time and channeled abilities that can be interrupted and requires a lot of standing still.

Assault has mostly instant cast abilities that can be done on the move.

I think it's fair to describe one as PvE-friendly and the other as PvP-friendly.

wishihadaname
03.01.2013 , 01:16 PM | #26
Not really, gunnery is arguably better at pvp now then assault due to the massive load of defensives that it got. Assault has some nice damage and dot spreading but its burst is still nothing to write home about and its survival actually got worse since they lost their short CD shield. Gunny on the other hand has better cc immunity (advance the line), the ability to ignore smashers (decoy), stronger electronet (6%, not much but something), double does of tech overrides on a shorter cooldown, faster shield regen, longer shield duration, random chance to proc a 1k shield when hit. Mobility is really not a concern anymore since advance the line has such a short cooldown and is such an awesome cooldown. Strockstrike root, advance the line, net, and then unload on the poor sucker, I can't wait to hear the smashers crying for net nerfs.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

Khevar
03.01.2013 , 01:29 PM | #27
Hold the Line gives immunity from movement-impairing effects, according to the tooltip. Does it also block interrupts (Mind Snap, Distraction, etc)?

wishihadaname
03.01.2013 , 02:01 PM | #28
No, hold the line prevents slows and stuns only, you can still get interrupted. But you can bait the interrupt with a non procced full auto or charged bolts. You then have 8-9s of unstoppable dps. After that you can net + punt and continue doing more of the same.

Also, thank you for the gearing advice, did another quick parse a bit ago and hit 1860 dps. Still nothing special but its climbing. Any other advice?

http://www.torparse.com/a/149907

Also: Alacrity is not that bad as far as ammo use goes. I have tried running with 13% alacrity (up to 16% on crits), and I had no real ammo issues. I had to watch my ammo carefully, but I never ran into a situation where I was running out and didn't have a fresh clip ready. That said, I had to give up a ton of power, surge, and crit for that so its not an ideal build by any means.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

oaceen
03.01.2013 , 11:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Gunnery has mostly cast-time and channeled abilities that can be interrupted and requires a lot of standing still.

Assault has mostly instant cast abilities that can be done on the move.

I think it's fair to describe one as PvE-friendly and the other as PvP-friendly.
assault needs charged bolts just as much as gunnery need grav round

DarkForster
03.02.2013 , 12:18 AM | #30
Reason Terminal Velocity / Cell charger needs to be improved. 10 every 6 secs for example.

And instead of 10% alacrity of cell charger/improved vents, lower its cooldown.