Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hotwired checks out 2.0 DPS for Commandos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
Hotwired checks out 2.0 DPS for Commandos

Khevar
02.28.2013 , 09:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
While you're looking for those legit parses which make 2400 look weak you can recalibrate what commandos do to 2500.

http://www.torparse.com/a/148785
That's a really nice parse, I think that will help me out a lot -- I've been barekly pushing 2200 on my Commando on the PTS

Do you really think the ~3000 dps Vanguard / Powertech parses are faked? Or am I misunderstanding you?

oaceen
02.28.2013 , 09:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
That's a really nice parse, I think that will help me out a lot -- I've been barekly pushing 2200 on my Commando on the PTS

Do you really think the ~3000 dps Vanguard / Powertech parses are faked? Or am I misunderstanding you?
3k were not faked, but it's done with a very broken hybrid spec that will most likely be nerfed before 2.0 hits live

Draqsko
02.28.2013 , 11:48 PM | #13
Alot of those 3k parses were done on ship dummies, which were level 50, not the mk 5 dummy on the fleet.. 2500 DPS is very good on the fleet dummy, but not many did those parses because of lag issues and wait time to get the dummy. So they did it on their ships then posted those parses. I would hope they do 500 more DPS on a target 5 levels under them.

AMightyKnight
02.28.2013 , 11:52 PM | #14
While you're looking for those legit parses which make 2400 look weak you can recalibrate what commandos do to 2500.

Since PVP spec does alright those playing with the dedicated PVE tree should just suck it up? Good one.
/sarcasm

It really blows my mind that one could actually manage to make the PVP tree more competetive than the PVE tree for PVE.

wishihadaname
03.01.2013 , 12:24 AM | #15
Quick question, could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong here? I attempted doing the same sort of parse on the pts using the stock gear though and I got an embarrassing 1668 dps total. I'm following the standard, and stupidly simple, gunnery rotation, but I hear claims about supposed 2.0k parses in the same gear so i'm clearly missing something.
http://www.torparse.com/a/149336

Gearwise I have 2 warhero power relics, no augs, no stim, no adrenal. I swallowed my pride and used a cannon for this parse. Only reason I don't have my adrenal and stim is because I forgot to stock up before transfering and now there are none available. Is that the main issue here? On live I can scratch 2k, which is decent, but I'm clearly missing something in either my gear or my rotation with these new changes.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

Khevar
03.01.2013 , 01:12 AM | #16

Do you also run Gunnery? Do you know anyone who parses decently with that spec?

Gyronamics
03.01.2013 , 03:43 AM | #17
Gunnery is pretty unforgiving now.

It has less regen than it did due to lack of a free HiB and Recharge Cells being passed to Assault who in turn passed a survivability talent (Reflexive Shield) to Gunnery.

Thus leaving Assault with better ammo regen but naff all survivability talents in PVE

And Gunnery with all the good PVE survivabilty talents and worse regen.

Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Uhm how the hell do you manage to push higher dps with assault (and without plastique as well) than gunnery

I tried that, watching at the log of your rotation, but I basically do some 150 dps less than gunnery. Admittedly, I basically never play assault in pve, but stil...
I've been assault since beta but it doesn't take that long to get the rough idea of it.

I overload my ammo bar every time I have an escape coming up. Something Gunnery does very very little of and currently is even less able to.

By that I mean:

HiB proc which will be a 0 cost GCD + 8 energy cells = ~13 cells more after each use
Reserve Powercell always in combo with Plasma Grenade + Electronet = 0 cost 2xGCD / ~10 more cells
Recharge Cells talented in Medic = 66 energy cells + 10% alacrity (+ HiB proc for huge ammo recovery)

If you don't overload your ammo BEFORE these predictable ammo regen moments you end up overflowing your max ammo and everything over max turns into 0 dmg.

The only fixed piece is

Reserve Powercell + Plasma Grenade + Electronet = fire off every 1m30s

Everything else fits into a priority of: Ammo Control > Flame Debuff > Other Damage
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

GeckoOBac
03.01.2013 , 05:30 AM | #18
Hm weird, it seems to me that's what I did, and I did manage to get a very stable dps after a while, having checked your rotation I was going for reserve + plasma + electro net on cd like you did. I was still parsing 150 dps less than gunnery.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Gyronamics
03.01.2013 , 05:58 AM | #19
Do you have the same gear/stim/adrenal/augments ?
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

GeckoOBac
03.01.2013 , 06:38 AM | #20
Do you have the same gear/stim/adrenal/augments ?
I'm not comparing it to your results, I'm comparing to mine. My gunnery results are around 2100 dps, which is compatible with your result, considering gear/biochem differences.

My assault results though are 1950 dps, not higher than gunnery.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger