Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Healing Duo for 8 Man Operations?

crabsauce
02.27.2013 , 02:48 PM | #1
What do people think is the best combination of healers for 8 man operations? Are there two healers that synergize better together than the others?

JoeeyyMagzz
02.27.2013 , 02:52 PM | #2
I don't know about other people, but as a Sage my favorite healing partner is always a Scoundrel.

WolfpackAW
02.27.2013 , 03:01 PM | #3
I have had all three (Scoundrel, Sage, Commando) as my partners. Each are quite good. My best success (probably just due to most experience) has always been with a Commando.
Istari - 55 Sage Seer, Jedi Covenant
Durnik - 55 Vanguard Tank, Jedi Covenant
Somera - 55 Combat Sentinel, Jedi Covenant
Laralanthalasa - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Jedi Covenant

namesaretough
02.27.2013 , 03:39 PM | #4
If you're asking which combination will bring you the most success, bring your two best healers, no matter the classes. Strictly from a class synergy standpoint, sages and commandos bring buffs that don't stack if you have two sages or two commandos, but scoundrels don't have this drawback. Due to this, two scoundrels works well together, or any mix of two different classes. Due to the power of the sage's AoE heal, many groups I've run with like to take one sage plus one tech healer. Of course, if you have two very good commandos and a mediocre scoundrel you'll likely have more luck with the commandos than one commando and the scoundrel, despite the better synergy in the scoundrel and commando team.
Smugglin

mastirkal
02.27.2013 , 03:52 PM | #5
Sorc with the other two classes are the best choice for a majority of content. This is due to the fact that the sages AoE can heal over 10k if someone were to crit all eleven times it ticks over ten seconds or potential 80k eith all 8 people in the circle. The sorc is also built great for toping off the dps and the tanks. Operatives and merc's are the go to tank healers and those are the only ones they should ever need to heal if the sorc and dps are doing their job. Taking them away from the tanks is not beneficial when a sage should be group healing and keeping the dps alive.

Basically
Sorc+Operative= well balanced team, slightly more heated towards raid healing. [personally my choice healing team]
Sorc+Merc= well balanced raid and tank healing team.
Merc+Merc= Tank only heals [aka in most operations a very bad mix]
Merc+Operative= minor raid wide damage and focused tank heals.
Operative+Operative= also a very well balanced team between raid and tank heals, requires a high level of skill to utilize correctly though.
Sorc+sorc= high raid damage, but lack of burst healing along with overlapping buffs.

mikebevo
02.27.2013 , 06:06 PM | #6
Iím a sawbones, I am normally partnered with a Sage, but have completed all operation up to NIM EC with all different combinations. I am more of the opinion that all the healing classes are very well managed and as long as the player is decent class does not matter. However, certain fights are easier with a Sage partner. However, some of these may have more to do with the player and not the class. SOA and Ciphas, Heirad and Kelísara seem easier with a Sage and Sawbones; Firebrand and Stormcaller and The Terror From Beyond seem easier with 2 sawbones; Operator IV is easier with a commando and sawbones. Again, I am pretty sure this has more to do with the player, the commando I play with is also very good tank and great dps player. So on Operator IV when healers need to do a lot of dps, this ability comes shining through. The rest of the fight as far as I am concern doesnít matter on the combination of healers. From my understanding Sages and Sawbones are easier to play than a commando, so if the player is average or below, then those may be the way to go, but if the player is good then class does not matter.

My favorite combination is 2 sawbones, but it is more the fact that I love my sawbones more than it being an optimal combination. Although with a slinger in the group, 3 flybys are a lot of fun on trash pulls and all the CCís and stealth can make trash nonexistent.

benosio
02.27.2013 , 06:59 PM | #7
I've had the pleasure of raiding with top tier healer players of all classes and by far my favorite combination is the sage/scoundrel combination for any situation. when the group is taking raid wide damage, the sage's aoe will keep everyone top's up whilst the scoundrels fast burst healing will top up those in trouble.

if there is a high damage situation where the tank is low the sage can bubble whilst the scoundrel burst his big heals or the scoundrel can spam emergency med pack allowing the sage to get his long cast's off.

having a healer of all 3 class's i can say that when a sage/sorc is apart of an raid team, the need for spamming constant heals is reduced. two sage/sorc's is no good either due to their long cast abilities.

in saying that there are some fights which other pair's are better but i find the sage/scoundrel to be the best all rounder pair
Guildmaster/raidleader <The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> The Harbinger

D'Buenos/Dbuenbuen - Dirty Scoundrels

JimmyTheCannon
02.28.2013 , 01:03 AM | #8
I prefer Sorc and Merc myself. Kolto Reside + Revivification is awesome (even better when 2.0 hits and Kolto Pods is live).

That said, any combo of Sorc + Tech healer is good, particularly for cleanses - Sorcs can cleanse Force, Mercs/Ops can cleanse Tech, either can cleanse Physical and Mental.

JediCahlwyn
02.28.2013 , 07:22 AM | #9
In my experience any two healers work great, however the Sage's AOE healing (at least til 2.0) is far superior and takes a lot of pressure off, especially if they use their Force Armor (bubble) as a heal instead of an "oh crap!" button. It should be the first heal they cast.

Pair a Sage with another Sage and all rejoice in heal goodness! Double AoEs, can keep the entire Ops bubbled, easy!
Pair a Sage with Commando: Commando is a very good single target healer, let them focus on the main tank, Sage raid heals and bubbles.
Pair a Sage with Scoundrel: Similar results as Sage/Commando but the Scoundrel is mobile as hell and can heal on the run, really helps with tank swapping and certain bosses that require movement.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

JediCahlwyn
02.28.2013 , 07:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by benosio View Post
two sage/sorc's is no good either due to their long cast abilities.
This isn't correct as if they are doing the long cast heals they are doing something wrong.

Sage should start with Force Armor (instant).
Follow up (depending on placement) with an AoE heal to get things moving on the majority of the group.l
But their main heal is the instant cast HoT and their channeled heal. The long cast heal should only be used in emergencies (and generally with the auto-crit buff turned on). If should NOT be their main source of healing.

Two Sages are excellent together. They only need to bubble 4 people each instead of 8 so they save tons of Force. Their AoEs stack.... its a win-win.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!