Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel players... quick easy question.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Scoundrel players... quick easy question.

CTFoxhound
02.27.2013 , 09:33 AM | #1
Ok so I chose a Scoundrel instead of a gunslinger. I'm on a RP server and just wanted to make one of these even though the Gunslingers skill trees looked way more appealing. Anyway, I don't mind healing and will do that especially for instancing since it's almost always an instant queue for healers.

But I am really gettin tired of in between instances healing bowdarr atm for normal questing. Was looking at the 2 dps trees scoundrel has and tryin to decide which one is more fun? (I kinda wish each class had 3 separate trees instead of one shared) But which dps tree for scoundrels do people more prefer and seem more fun.

This is more of an opinion question I guess but i dont' mind, lookin for some quick simple answers.

nopantsisabela
02.27.2013 , 01:27 PM | #2
Both are fun. I prefer scrapper for normally leveling. Your shoot-first/back blast combo wastes strongs and weaker very quickly, and then you blaster-whip/punch things to death. The ramp up time in a fight to get to your better dirty fighting abilities is longer, and with trash, you often don't even make it there. The one time I prefer DF is while soloing champion mobs that have boss immunity/stun resistance for the positional reasons. Backblast is a far less important part of your rotation for df.

For end game stuff, either are okay. They parse similar. Just a personal preference at that point imo.

Belly
02.28.2013 , 02:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nopantsisabela View Post
Both are fun. I prefer scrapper for normally leveling. Your shoot-first/back blast combo wastes strongs and weaker very quickly, and then you blaster-whip/punch things to death. The ramp up time in a fight to get to your better dirty fighting abilities is longer, and with trash, you often don't even make it there. The one time I prefer DF is while soloing champion mobs that have boss immunity/stun resistance for the positional reasons. Backblast is a far less important part of your rotation for df.

For end game stuff, either are okay. They parse similar. Just a personal preference at that point imo.
This is how I do it as well. Dirty Fighting excels against higher level bosses because of the internal damage and the better energy regen.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Pharohsa
03.06.2013 , 01:22 AM | #4
I had a real hard time figuring out how to play my Scoundrel until I realized that she was simply a mirror image of my Operative. Then I set them both up the same way and played them similarly. Suddenly, my Scoundrel made perfect sense and was fun to play. The Gunslinger is specifically ranged (like his mirror, the Sniper) But the Scoundrel is more of a close in, hands on fighter. Blaster Whip and punches, with inter-spaced shotgun blasts are loads of fun. I hope this helps.

BTW, I don't do any healing. We just sneak in and start ...taking names.