Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romancing Mako

Mazikeen
12.28.2011 , 06:04 PM | #21
I'm pretty sure the Mako romance is dictated by your progression in her quests. I have something like 6 with her (no gifts, not THAT interested in a romance) and just finished Double Trouble (level 40 quest where you kill her lookalikes). She rejected me, again, saying it would be a bad idea because we'd have nowhere to go 'when it got ugly' (sensible girl)

She did, however, mention my melty eyes (of which, amusingly enough, I only have one) so she's wearing down

From her personal storyline I think the 'stress' of her family issues are the limiting factor. The idea seems to be: help her find out who she is and she can relax
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

dwgagner
12.29.2011 , 02:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DivisionZero View Post
I have her at about 5600 affection right now and I was just curious as to when I can start romancing her. Anyone know?

Think you get your first kiss around 8000 affection

I have her at 10k

rolotomasi
12.29.2011 , 09:42 PM | #23
any1 marry her yet?

chainsawsamurai
12.29.2011 , 10:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by rolotomasi View Post
any1 marry her yet?
Since no one else will reply. Maybe?

I don't want to spoil anything. The romance with Mako is one of the best written and most endearing I've seen in any Bioware game.

We're technically married now. Technically. Again, wont spoil it. I thought it was really cute though.

I haven't actually finished the class questline. I hit 50 and was afraid of it bugging out so I avoided it (even though I'm Light Side), then I got real busy. What little time I've had in game has been mostly PvP lately.

I'm not sure if you get officially married after the class quest or get a little dialogue or whatever to go along with it.

It's hard to explain without spoiling. Cute though.

LiqweedGold
01.02.2012 , 10:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMors View Post
my bh is female and i have to say i wouldnt mind seeing a romance between her and mako!
Yeah mine is also female..... Any luck of finding out if can still marry her? Would be kinda awesome I guess.....

DarkwingMarmot
01.02.2012 , 12:12 PM | #26
I've heard as female, you get the option to romance Torian, but I'm not 100% sure.

You DO have to get pretty far in Mako's story before any sort of romance stuff happens (as in, the lvl 48 combat quest for her) and then it happens fairly quickly.

Actually, once you get married, she starts sending you funny in-game mail with certain npc-gifts items. (Which I kind of feel bad for regifting to Blizz)

Mobiwang
01.02.2012 , 12:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkwingMarmot View Post
Actually, once you get married, she starts sending you funny in-game mail with certain npc-gifts items. (Which I kind of feel bad for regifting to Blizz)
I lol'ed.

Phaedrynn
01.02.2012 , 01:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
she likes it when I'm sarcastic, a bit light side but still mostly after cold hard cash.
I see you know my ex-wife?

Quote: Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
She's easy to please
Or not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
Well look at the bright side...if you quit SWTOR, you can spend time brushing up on spelling and punctuation.

WatchTheGrass
01.02.2012 , 03:09 PM | #29
Just to clarify a few things.

You can't really begin her romance / background until you've cleared Act 1. You can raise her affection to cap but it'll do nothing before that point.

You can marry her before boarding the Tyrant as long as you max her affection and complete her companion quests.

Once you've married her, I think there's one more conversation and then that's it, no more until Bioware add it in.

She starts sending you little sweet mails with attached gifts afterwards. They can be useful for leveling affection with your other companions.

Easiest way to level affection with her ISN'T gifts.

Do repeat runs of Black Talon, choose all the right options and you're looking at around 440-450 affection per run. This can be easily (and quickly) done as early as 25, having a speeder, avoiding every mob you can and near abusive use of space bar to skip scenes can have you doing a run in as little as 10-11 minutes. If you really want to save time, mix gifts in with each run and wham, she'll be capped in no time.

The Black Talon runs don't seem to work for any other BH companion but it seems to work for the first companion of every class.

Honestly, I farmed her affection to improve my mission and crafting times and instead got rewarded with, quite possibly, one of the best Bioware characters I've seen yet. I'd recommend romancing Mako to anyone playing a Bounty Hunter. Not for the romance but simply to get a glimpse at one of the most endearing characters I've seen in a video game recently.
Quote: Originally Posted by Whiskeyclone View Post
I've lost my wallet many times, and my mind many more.
Decembrist - 12/12/11
BONUS WAVE IS BEST WAVE

Kikilicious
01.02.2012 , 05:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkwingMarmot View Post
I've heard as female, you get the option to romance Torian, but I'm not 100% sure.)
Yes, we do get Torian, who is awesome btw. I hear that you can flirt with your companion, but the officalromance doesn't start until 50. Not sure though.

As for same sex, I think my friend got one for Ashara (the SI female companion) as a female Twi'lek, not sure on that one either.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech