Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romancing Mako

MindlessDrone
12.21.2011 , 02:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhayle View Post
I'm at about 9300 affection with her. (go go underworld trading)

You have to unlock romancing her at certain points during the game. In the mid to late 20's, I never seemed to get conversations with her despite leveling her affection way up. Then, when I completed act 1, I had eight or so conversations with her after and the flirt option started to appear. You get your first companion quest for her at around 30, and another at 40. I'm level 39 and I just got another one that's red to me. I am going to assume safely that you get the full romantic thing going later on in your story once you've gotten so far in your companion quests.

I believe you have to make her jealous first. If you flirt with NPC's she will start to give you a -1 and make statements like really that is what you are like. I assume at some point after the lvl 30 quest with her she will start to express feelings for you. I have only romanced Vette though but I assume it is close.
Skornful

Bamajawn
12.21.2011 , 02:47 PM | #12
MARRY her?!?
Brotherhood of Chaos, Shadow Hand server

Wapner
12.21.2011 , 04:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bamajawn View Post
MARRY her?!?
Ya...I was slightly shocked to see that as well. Marriage is in this game? lol

Bamajawn
12.21.2011 , 04:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wapner View Post
Ya...I was slightly shocked to see that as well. Marriage is in this game? lol
lol... what a hoot. I remember when folks would marry in EQ, that always made me laugh.

Wapner
12.21.2011 , 04:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bamajawn View Post
lol... what a hoot. I remember when folks would marry in EQ, that always made me laugh.
The first time I get an invitation to a friend's virtual wedding with their companion...I'm done. :P

Bamajawn
12.21.2011 , 04:37 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wapner View Post
The first time I get an invitation to a friend's virtual wedding with their companion...I'm done. :P
Now, now... where's that open mind?

Cynical
12.26.2011 , 06:00 PM | #17
Hmmm seems I have a long wait for her, but she's about the coolest companion I've seen in the game, she likes it when I'm sarcastic, a bit light side but still mostly after cold hard cash. She's easy to please
Never shoot back always shoot first
Mist - Level 32 Bounty Hunter
Cashmere Level 16 Jedi Knight
Faun - Level 15 Smuggler

Achromatis
12.26.2011 , 06:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
Hmmm seems I have a long wait for her, but she's about the coolest companion I've seen in the game, she likes it when I'm sarcastic, a bit light side but still mostly after cold hard cash. She's easy to please
Same. The Bounty Hunter with Mako is the first character Ive played so far where I can just play as myself and not have my companions hate my guts unless I cherry pick conversation options to please them.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

DarthMors
12.26.2011 , 06:52 PM | #19
my bh is female and i have to say i wouldnt mind seeing a romance between her and mako!
There is no light,
There is no dark,
There is only what I make,
I am the Force.

Ikyouto
12.26.2011 , 07:10 PM | #20
Hopefully I can romance Blizz. He's a cute little bugger.
Hokuto Ujou Hagan Ken

>∩(・ω・)∩<