Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tired of getting yelled at for healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
tired of getting yelled at for healing

CarbieChronicles
02.25.2013 , 10:59 PM | #1
i have NEVER played a healing class before ever and this is my first attempt, but no matter what happens i always fail. i am about sick to death of moronic dbags verbally abusing me and trashing me because i dont keep their health bars maxed out. what is the use of playing when all i ever see is negativity in this game? i cant even find a decent guild that has actual mature people in it...what a waste....

jovianus
02.26.2013 , 12:34 AM | #2
Welcome to the world of MMO healing. Anything that goes wrong is your fault, anything that goes right is all because of the l337 deeps and tank.

More seriously though, what do you mean you always fail? Are people just complaining that you don't keep them topped up at all times, or are your groups actually wiping regularly? Can't really give much feedback without knowing what's happening.

CarbieChronicles
02.26.2013 , 03:01 AM | #3
i mean we always die fast, period

jovianus
02.26.2013 , 03:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CarbieChronicles View Post
i mean we always die fast, period
Are you pulling too much? Under level for the content? Is your tank (depending on level) not holding aggro well enough? What are you doing as the healer? I mean if this is just a gripe thread fair enough, but if you want advice you'll need to provide details.

jeniyagyu
02.26.2013 , 03:14 AM | #5
If your under about lvl 25-ish and getting yelled at by dumb dps that thinks they are all that to the group and jump in before the tank, then don't worry about it.

The Majority of lowbie dps is dps'ers trying to show off whatever little epeen they possess. Also, make sure you check your tank for gear/shield.

DPS'ers often queue as tanks because they are lazy/impatient, then blame it on others. If the tank is dying super super fast, then THAT is the reason for it.
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Radzkie
02.26.2013 , 03:30 AM | #6
If you're being yelled at by a lot of people, then you might want to read some guides on your class. However, be aware that when 2.0 hits that most guides will change.

slafko
02.26.2013 , 03:33 AM | #7
I don't see a problem with being yelled at; stop healing them entirely and they'll shut up.

mastirkal
02.26.2013 , 11:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
I don't see a problem with being yelled at; stop healing them entirely and they'll shut up.
Then you lose too and you'll be kicked, this logic doesn't work because anyone can be kicked/leave. Bad mind set to have, I wouldn't suggest being petty like the ones yelling at you. Be the better man/woman and just tell them to shut up or simply leave the group.

CarbieChronicles
02.26.2013 , 12:00 PM | #9
when we start to attack of elites in a group, i always give the tank a bubble to help reduce the damage, then i apply bubbles to the rest of the team. i also cc one mob so it can also reduce the amount of damage coming in as well. i notice every time i get a mob on me and i end up not healing because i am fighting for my life, i am always left alone by the dps and tank. so that is why i get yelled at, not for being a poor healer, but for the other 3 members in the party, in my opinion are not doing their jobs.

ShadowAxx
02.26.2013 , 02:22 PM | #10
Frankly, not enough tanks in ToR know how to guard and taunt for their healers, so we often spend too much time healing our selves when we could be healing others. I regularly ask for a tank guard when queuing up for a PUG warzone or OPs mission, maybe 20% of the time I find someone who even responds. One time I had a tank say... "I throw you a guard when you need it", which is usually too late.

Totally different story when I roll with friends or organized guilds. In those situations the healing experience is a joy and in many warzones you feel immortal.

Perhaps my biggest complaint as a healer, are those players who will not heal themselves between engagements. They are too lazy to push a button, yet expect the healer to hustle to get them back to full health. Many of these types also seem to have a love of rushing ahead of the group to take on even more damage and expect the healer to save their butts.

Unfortunately, i think it's all reflected in group chat lately, and the usual lack of respect between players, which carries over into how they play their roles in the game.