Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, what exactly is a DPS sorc supposed to do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So, what exactly is a DPS sorc supposed to do?

FodderofCannon
03.02.2013 , 03:54 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
I'm sorry but You have more then enough force to throw heals and bubbles with proper use of Sacrifice. And there is more then enough time to switch between targets while being attacked. If you are being focused you are going to die anyways so why not give your teammate a bubble before going. You can kite and throw bubbles at same time. Can this always be done at all times no. But Seriously it isn't that difficult. How do you think healers do it when they get attacked. Basically you are the healer if there is no healer (unless of course you don't like winning)
And If you do have a healer and hes getting trained, its your responsibility to help keep him alive. If a tank puts guard on you it's your responsibility to help keep him up.

Jenna'syyde
You obviously have never played a madness Sorc against anyone with a whiff of skill. As a Sorc you tend to be target number one for most of the dps on the other team. Most of the time they assume you are a healer, but more importantly you are almost always the thing that falls to focus fire the fastest, at worst they will force you to retreat out of the fight. Madness has no bubble stun and suffers from lack of force very often if you are playing him right (i.e maximizing your damage) . We are deadly if ignored, I wont argue that. Our sustained damage is prefect for harassing healers or helping burst dps kill things faster. But having a class that is only great when ignored is rather unbalanced.

Using your weak bubble on anyone other than yourself is 99% of the time a waste of force, and a drop in your damage that is not outweighed by any minimal survivability it gives someone else. Are there times when I do use it to help someone? Yes. But this would be an exception not the rule. Madness sorc is more usefully killing than bubbling. A Lightning sorc is different because of bubble stun, but that is getting nerfed anyhow.
Learn to Think
L2T

paowee
03.03.2013 , 08:37 AM | #112
if you're looking into normal solo q rwz fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVQZJ...ature=youtu.be

Idk how sorc dps play in rateds but that video should say enough!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Gankstah
03.03.2013 , 01:22 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
if you're looking into normal solo q rwz fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVQZJ...ature=youtu.be

Idk how sorc dps play in rateds but that video should say enough!
That's a 2.0 PTS LS spec video posted from another thread.

Full disclosure is always a good thing.

Personally looking forward to trying it out.