Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
03.02.2013 , 02:27 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Gotta love all these insightful arguments on why Unrestricted Warzone Access would be a bad thing. Honestly, I'm just blown away by the caliber of minds here on the SWTOR forums.
Spot on
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

stupidsyrup's Avatar


stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 02:31 AM | #52
Personally for me, I found that because of the restriction I bought the subscription. I just loved Warzone's so much I wanted to play more than 5 a week (especially for the Daily). So yeah...I don't agree with the original post.

Godlymuppet's Avatar


Godlymuppet
03.02.2013 , 03:03 AM | #53
Great plan. Currently I sub. If this happened, here's what I would do.

New gear comes out. I sub for one month, grind the set on my four characters. Then unsub for the next four months, till the next set comes out. I can then PVP fully for four months for free in the best gear.

That's a business model that's going to make them so much more money. Oh wait they would get 20 percent of what they get from me now. But they will have more players in PVP lol.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Godlymuppet's Avatar


Godlymuppet
03.02.2013 , 03:15 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Gotta love all these insightful arguments on why Unrestricted Warzone Access would be a bad thing. Honestly, I'm just blown away by the caliber of minds here on the SWTOR forums.
Gotta love this type of post. You try to belittle anyone who is not of your opinion. Believe me the caliber of my mind is probably far in excess if your own. I have an IQ of 140, so much higher than the average, but as I disagree with you, I must be thick. Oh dear, learn to debate without insults.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Bullsith's Avatar


Bullsith
03.02.2013 , 04:37 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
Gotta love this type of post. You try to belittle anyone who is not of your opinion. Believe me the caliber of my mind is probably far in excess if your own. I have an IQ of 140, so much higher than the average, but as I disagree with you, I must be thick. Oh dear, learn to debate without insults.
If you had, indeed, your IQ above average you'd probably notice that the prime issue here is that subs don't like free players and that most of the posts reek or plain malice.
If your IQ was high enough, you'd notice that the whole PVP system is flawed from many perspectives and selling a flawed product does not improve your business. I know they had to go F2P (even if they said they wouldn't before launch) in order to save their game, but this is just going too far with the proof that EA is a money vampire, and honestly as a paying sub, this bothers me because I'm secondary on their list of priorities, considering that the PVP queues on my server are way too long. A server that has over 200 people on the space station at, most hours of the day. Using your power of deduction, which you claim to have, you'd probably figure out that buying the PVP - packs is not really that popular. Using yourself as an example won't do much cause I can use myself too and it would be quite the opposite. Bottom line, personal examples are not that valid when the queue problem is obvious.

And allow me to say that people "gotta love" posts like YOURS, where they claim to have a developed mind (points for modesty there) but the content of their posts shows otherwise.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Godlymuppet's Avatar


Godlymuppet
03.02.2013 , 07:29 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
If you had, indeed, your IQ above average you'd probably notice that the prime issue here is that subs don't like free players and that most of the posts reek or plain malice.
If your IQ was high enough, you'd notice that the whole PVP system is flawed from many perspectives and selling a flawed product does not improve your business. I know they had to go F2P (even if they said they wouldn't before launch) in order to save their game, but this is just going too far with the proof that EA is a money vampire, and honestly as a paying sub, this bothers me because I'm secondary on their list of priorities, considering that the PVP queues on my server are way too long. A server that has over 200 people on the space station at, most hours of the day. Using your power of deduction, which you claim to have, you'd probably figure out that buying the PVP - packs is not really that popular. Using yourself as an example won't do much cause I can use myself too and it would be quite the opposite. Bottom line, personal examples are not that valid when the queue problem is obvious.

And allow me to say that people "gotta love" posts like YOURS, where they claim to have a developed mind (points for modesty there) but the content of their posts shows otherwise.

So you seek to attack me because my opinion differs.

I was not aggressive to any one, but your tone is. The bottom line is I don't think the PVP in this game is flawed and I enjoy it enough to sub. You don't, our opinions differ. That's fine. No one is paying either of us for our opinions here, so they are both equal.

I do get paid for my opinion on business matters though. Maybe you don't understand business that well, if its not your job, why would you. I understand what EA wants from the game, money. They are not vampires to want to increase income. In the current economic climate, developers who develop to make good games and not money, go out of business.

My issue with this topic is no one has given any indication of how making warzones free, would increase profits, as that is all that does and should matter to EA.

If you want to insult me that's fine, you won't get a rise out of me. But if you want to discredit what I say, then say how making it free does not loose money, as I can see ways that it does.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
03.02.2013 , 07:41 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
...considering that the PVP queues on my server are way too long.
May I ask which server that is? Because it's nothing like the experience on mine (Red Eclipse). Takes maybe 5 mins tops.

Other points you make I take issue with:

1) you said there were 10 people on fleet before F2P. Not on Red Eclipse, where there were multiple instances of hundreds. So I'm interested to know what server this was. There were fewer before the very first server merges, late at night, many months ago, though I never saw as few as 10.

2) Also, I don't think the PvP in this game is poor. It's certainly superior to WoW and LoL, in my opinon. I've played them both a fair amount. If you consider the PvP so poor I have to ask why you're wasting your time with it when you could do something you prefer instead?

3) There is no reason Bioware should give unlimited PvP for free. They need to take in income to provide the game and run the servers. Given this game is much more complicated than LoL, with much more content to create, they can't follow that game's business model of allowing everyone access to everything for free with perks for cash. SWTOR needs to take in money to survive. Advanced content like full PvP will cost money.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Coldin's Avatar


Coldin
03.02.2013 , 08:32 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
Gotta love this type of post. You try to belittle anyone who is not of your opinion. Believe me the caliber of my mind is probably far in excess if your own. I have an IQ of 140, so much higher than the average, but as I disagree with you, I must be thick. Oh dear, learn to debate without insults.
Only belitting the numerous posts in this thread that simply state "Subscribe!" in more or less words. It really adds nothing to the discussion other than stating their position, and gives nothing for the debate to really focus on.

But please, feel free to mention how high your IQ is again. That will surely make me realize how wrong I must be.

Godlymuppet's Avatar


Godlymuppet
03.02.2013 , 10:13 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Only belitting the numerous posts in this thread that simply state "Subscribe!" in more or less words. It really adds nothing to the discussion other than stating their position, and gives nothing for the debate to really focus on.

But please, feel free to mention how high your IQ is again. That will surely make me realize how wrong I must be.
There are many responses, which give details of why it would be bad, without just saying you have to subscribe. But you have ignored them all. Provide details of how it would be good and how it would increase revenue for EA, as that is what will get them to make changes.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

cub-lover's Avatar


cub-lover
03.02.2013 , 10:21 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Natharon View Post
Good less green geared F2P kids in my warzones.

come off it nerd boy, we ALL were a green geard wz player at soem point