Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

Mookind
03.01.2013 , 01:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.
They give away the story free which is the best part....................

I love not having F2Prs in the WZ, they should be segregated into their own matches at max level. Unless you are paying to wear purple there is a giant gear gap anyway.

sirullrich
03.01.2013 , 01:47 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
I don't think that there is any harm in either extending or just allowing F2P full access to pvp. If you want your game to grow and remain busy at all times, then you need to look at all options.

Personally, I think its only a matter of time before this game becomes a true free to play game like Guild Wars 2 with MTs littered across the game.

Ive never been a fan of placing tight restrictions on players in gaming because not every one can afford to pay a sub and it creates a place like in real life - those who have and those who don't have and it shouldn't happen in gaming.

Bioware should look at the Guild Wars 2 model and even Riot with League of Leagues and look at customisation more as paid options instead of restrictions.
I understand with what you are saying but its only .50 cents a day. If you can afford to pay for internet I am pretty sure you can afford 50cents a day. League and guild wars 2 are different platforms and have less overall content than SWTOR. League was already free to begin with and GW2 is not f2p. You still need to buy the game. SWTOR is like 15 dollars now or something. GW2 is 60 dollars. So with that being said you pay 60 dollars on SWTOR you get 4 months and yes with 60 dollars GW2 is unlimited, but GW2 has lost more players than SWTOR. So why compare a game like GW2 when it is failing. Why compare it to LEAGUE when its two totally different types of games. Why don't we just say MAPLE STORY is free so why can't SWTOR make it free like MAPLE STORY. If someone is F2P and gets to level to 50 and now wants to PVP more they should pay for it.

Ramtar
03.01.2013 , 02:01 PM | #43
better yet just remove all F2P from the PvP servers and only allow them on PvE servers.

Bullsith
03.01.2013 , 02:31 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
I understand with what you are saying but its only .50 cents a day. If you can afford to pay for internet I am pretty sure you can afford 50cents a day. League and guild wars 2 are different platforms and have less overall content than SWTOR. League was already free to begin with and GW2 is not f2p. You still need to buy the game. SWTOR is like 15 dollars now or something. GW2 is 60 dollars. So with that being said you pay 60 dollars on SWTOR you get 4 months and yes with 60 dollars GW2 is unlimited, but GW2 has lost more players than SWTOR. So why compare a game like GW2 when it is failing. Why compare it to LEAGUE when its two totally different types of games. Why don't we just say MAPLE STORY is free so why can't SWTOR make it free like MAPLE STORY. If someone is F2P and gets to level to 50 and now wants to PVP more they should pay for it.
So please tell me what the **** is the incentive for a F2P to join PVP in SWTOR? I mean honestly, from an unbiased perspective, we are all subs here. Why would you, as a f2p player, pay money ? The PVP is not that great, for **** sake, it's just a few warzones, class imbalance and bugs plus cheaters, ok a few of those are in every game, but there's also itemization and as a guy who just hit 50 running into a guy who is packing full elite gear you won't last 5 seconds. So let's assume that an F2P player with a working mind runs into that... you honestly think he's gonna pay?

Look, before F2P the game was near dead, literally below 10 people on peak hours on the space station, F2P brought back some life to this game, only in presence, we see bigger numbers in the space station and on other planets, and so on. But it didn't fix longass queues. So please, let's not pretend things are going so great with SWTOR that it does not need F2P or that F2P players need to be treated like ****.

Give them limited reward access to PVP so they can participate without thinking of their weekly PVP limit. I guarantee they won't have a great time owning subscribers, in fact it's the other way around, but at least they'll do something about queues.

And sure make it on PVE servers only, so the PVP servers that have good queues or any server that has good queues is not affected. Happy ending.

Oh and don't even compare GW2 PVP with this, for better or worse, GW2 PVP has more variation now than SWTOR will have in the next 5 years (their large scale PVP actually works).
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Akomo
03.01.2013 , 03:39 PM | #45
Short answer- nope.

If they want top tier mods, they'll have to subscribe.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

DarthMaulUK
03.01.2013 , 04:34 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
. Why compare it to LEAGUE when its two totally different types of games. Why don't we just say MAPLE STORY is free so why can't SWTOR make it free like MAPLE STORY. If someone is F2P and gets to level to 50 and now wants to PVP more they should pay for it.
I wasn't comparing games, I was comparing business models. LoL has probably one of the best ones around, which explains why so many millions of people play it

Tips, Guides, Streams,Live Events

Coldin
03.01.2013 , 05:02 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by FluffyMcNutter View Post
Maybe F2P peeps might want to open up that wallet and pay 15 bucks and be able to do all the great thing subscribers do.

By the way its funny to see those scrubs get blown up in WZ. They are at a disadvantage because they are cheap.
Keep them in greens as reward to the people who actually pay for this game.
Of course, what really happens is that they keep getting blown up (because Recruit gear is awful), have a horrible time, and then they just leave the game, rather than spending money.

troll
03.01.2013 , 09:33 PM | #48
10/10
Do this!! I'm min/max!! I want my free ride!!!!!!

FluffyMcNutter
03.01.2013 , 09:43 PM | #49
F2P need L2P= Learn to Pay

Coldin
03.02.2013 , 12:17 AM | #50
Gotta love all these insightful arguments on why Unrestricted Warzone Access would be a bad thing. Honestly, I'm just blown away by the caliber of minds here on the SWTOR forums.