Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

publicenemies
02.27.2013 , 12:31 AM | #21
you dont think warzones are worth 15 bucks a month lol. Even if they lift the restriction most wouldnt sub still. People dont sub for warzones bioware sigh.

Godlymuppet
02.27.2013 , 12:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by publicenemies View Post
you dont think warzones are worth 15 bucks a month lol. Even if they lift the restriction most wouldnt sub still. People dont sub for warzones bioware sigh.
Not true. I sub just for PVP. I know of others that do it too.

Some don't understand the PVP in this game. It's much more objective focused than many are used to, it's not for people who just want to death match.

From my perspective it's the best MMO PVP out there right now. That's because I like the tactical elements of it.

I kind of get the ops point, but as has been said, if I could PVP as much as I like, I would not sub. Restrictions on comms means nothing if you actually enjoy the PVP and are not doing it just for gear.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

Bullsith
02.27.2013 , 02:56 AM | #23
The difference in gear is high enough so yeah, if you only focus on PVP in this game, you'll want pvp gear that's good enough to keep you in the competition.

With a reduced gain in rewards even equivalent to 3 warzones a week, you'll be spending enough time in wz to help with the queue and TBH that's contribution.

As far as I'm concerned this game is unplayable for me without a sub. So they got my money, but I'd also like to get what I played for, but considering the queues at certain times (I'm not sure if there's a better hour), I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

PVP should be free. Rewards from it should not. That's all I'm saying.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

theSCARAYone
02.27.2013 , 03:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Natharon View Post
Good less green geared F2P kids in my warzones.
Would you prefer green gear subscribers in your WZ? I think the warzone cap should be removed and also the artifact gear cap removed. I've been a subscriber since August and it feels like F2P players are getting **** on. Not only do they have the cap, but they are also unwanted in WZ's because they can't use good gear and can't even use sprint ffs! Remove the WZ cap the sprint cap and the artifact cap. The credit limit and the slower leveling is fine but these other things are just stupid.

Godlymuppet
02.27.2013 , 09:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
Would you prefer green gear subscribers in your WZ? I think the warzone cap should be removed and also the artifact gear cap removed. I've been a subscriber since August and it feels like F2P players are getting **** on. Not only do they have the cap, but they are also unwanted in WZ's because they can't use good gear and can't even use sprint ffs! Remove the WZ cap the sprint cap and the artifact cap. The credit limit and the slower leveling is fine but these other things are just stupid.
As a sub, I find the current queues to be fine (pretty much instant from 9am gmt to 2am gmt), both when leveling and at 50, so increasing the number of players will not improve the queue times.

I think the thing people dont understand with the restrictions are that they are deliberatly annoying you, as they want you to get your wallet out and sub, they dont want to give free unlimited warzones, that does not increase their profits.

This game does not have a free to play model, it has an "annoy the feck out of people, till they sub" model.

if they made warzones free and removed teh restrictions for gear so free to play could get artifact purples, they would actually loose subscribers, as beleive it or not many people play jsut for the pvp.

It does not mater if it takes 3 times as long to get gear, if you pvp a lot you have full tier gear in a week. If tat takes 3 weeks so what (everyone else will take just as long, except for the few pvp players which remaied subbed), they only update it 3 times a year anyway.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

sirullrich
02.27.2013 , 11:42 AM | #26
Lol so if the pvp is free and rewards are not. HOW ARE THE F2P PLAYERS GOING TO GEAR? Do people really think that if they played for free with no rewards and in green gear it's gonna make people sub more? Do people want to get smashed for 8k. How fun is it to get two shotted in a 50 pvp. I do not want to play against people who don't have gear. If your problem is the time that you play then change servers. Im on POT5 and never have to wait for queue times. Don't use the time I play because I live in Hawaii and play on east coast and never had issues for pvp. To me it just sounds like you want this for yourself so you can pawn people in green gear at 50. I would say this I only sub for pvp and if pvp was free, but had no rewards. I would unsub and just pvp. I don't need rewards when I have the gear already.

sirullrich
02.27.2013 , 11:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
As a sub, I find the current queues to be fine (pretty much instant from 9am gmt to 2am gmt), both when leveling and at 50, so increasing the number of players will not improve the queue times.

I think the thing people dont understand with the restrictions are that they are deliberatly annoying you, as they want you to get your wallet out and sub, they dont want to give free unlimited warzones, that does not increase their profits.

This game does not have a free to play model, it has an "annoy the feck out of people, till they sub" model.

if they made warzones free and removed teh restrictions for gear so free to play could get artifact purples, they would actually loose subscribers, as beleive it or not many people play jsut for the pvp.

It does not mater if it takes 3 times as long to get gear, if you pvp a lot you have full tier gear in a week. If tat takes 3 weeks so what (everyone else will take just as long, except for the few pvp players which remaied subbed), they only update it 3 times a year anyway.
Exactly!!! This is what I have been saying. I agree with all the way. I only sub for pvp too and if it was free I wouldn't sub anymore. I would just play with the min/maxed gear I have. I know a PT right now who is one of the best. He has gear and credits. Before he unsubbed he gave all of his credits to his RL friend so that when he was F2P he could just buy wz weekly passes on GTN. His gear is the best you can get. He doesn't need rewards he just PVP'S. If it went free a lot of pvper's will do the same thing.

Maraxuss
02.27.2013 , 11:49 AM | #28
Really...just buy a weekly pass off the gtn for 100-150k, play for 7 days, make around a million creds selling medpacks from the warzone commendations, buy more weekly passes from gtn +profit = problem solved.
I Find Your Lack Of Win Disturbing...May The Fail Be With You...

majiinx
02.27.2013 , 11:59 AM | #29
I'm a subscriber and I'm totally in support of making F2P less limited. F2P players should feel like welcomed guest, not second class citizens I think 3 war zones a week is pretty ridiculous why not offer say a monthly pass for 7 dollars one for unlimited war zones and one for unlimited ops and FPs . EA should lift more restrictions on F2P and premium and give more incentives to subscribers I think being able to attract more players even if they never subscribe or buy cartel coins helps everybody including subscribers since it increases server populations. I know allot of people frown upon F2P but I think its a great business model it attracts people to the play the game and hopefully become immersed and want to pay to be able to access great incentives and content.

JustinxDuff
02.27.2013 , 12:02 PM | #30
$15 a month isn't much at all. GET IT!
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend