Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 01:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Personally, I see it this way.

Limiting F2P/Preferred players access to warzones actually hurts the Sub player. It means there are less people to play with in warzones, which makes longer queues. The limited warzones also leads to Free Players ditching warzones that they can't win, in hopes of entering a warzone where their limited entries will count for more. There's also little incentive for a F2P player to stay in SWTOR once they've exhausted their weekly limit

I propose they remove the Weekly Warzone restriction, but in return, reduce the amount of commendations earned by 20%. The weekly pass then could remove this penalty. It matches the similar restriction in place for leveling, but allows the F2P to keep playing, keeping them more invested in the game. Plus, the F2P is already paying almost a third more than the Sub player for the exact same gear.
I see your point, but on POT5 we do not have issues with queue times. I personally don't think that by allowing undergeared players to play is going to help PVP. They just want you to taste the PVP and if you want more you need to pay for it. BW doesn't want people to stay F2P they want them to sub. So if you are a PVPer and you can play for free all the time why would that person sub?
W.O.X.-HARBINGER
HYOU-MOUBU
LUKEWARM TAUNTAUNS-BASTION
KARYOTEN-OUHON-RENPA

Bullsith's Avatar


Bullsith
02.25.2013 , 02:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Personally, I see it this way.

Limiting F2P/Preferred players access to warzones actually hurts the Sub player. It means there are less people to play with in warzones, which makes longer queues. The limited warzones also leads to Free Players ditching warzones that they can't win, in hopes of entering a warzone where their limited entries will count for more. There's also little incentive for a F2P player to stay in SWTOR once they've exhausted their weekly limit

I propose they remove the Weekly Warzone restriction, but in return, reduce the amount of commendations earned by 20%. The weekly pass then could remove this penalty. It matches the similar restriction in place for leveling, but allows the F2P to keep playing, keeping them more invested in the game. Plus, the F2P is already paying almost a third more than the Sub player for the exact same gear.
Finally someone who gets it.

I forgot that the worse thing about this game is it's totally immature and angry community. I see people insist that I made this thread looking for a handout, even if I did say I'm a subbed player and I only play with a sub. It's really nice to see how I'm being called a liar several times by people I've never met or spoken to before.

Glad to see someone got the idea.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 02:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
Finally someone who gets it.

I forgot that the worse thing about this game is it's totally immature and angry community. I see people insist that I made this thread looking for a handout, even if I did say I'm a subbed player and I only play with a sub. It's really nice to see how I'm being called a liar several times by people I've never met or spoken to before.

Glad to see someone got the idea.
My point is why would people sub if they get to do what they want for free! How will this get people to sub? Yes I assumed that you were F2P and that's my bad, but once again why would people sub if they get it for free. I personally hate PVE and really don't ever do it unless my guild asks me too. But if I could play PVP for free without any restrictions even with less coms. Why would I pay when I am already fully geared min/maxed. What do I need coms for? So basically for me as a sub who only PVP's and is fully geared I wouldn't pay anymore if I got to do what I wanted for free. Plus you said PVP on this game is not that great so why does it matter if it's free or not. You don't even think it's good. That's why people are trolling you.

If Cosco wholesale foods said we are going to do a promo to get more business. We are going to have things you can buy w/o membership at a higher price than with people membership. but COSCO says you can buy all edible goods at membership prices. Would more people sign up for membership?
W.O.X.-HARBINGER
HYOU-MOUBU
LUKEWARM TAUNTAUNS-BASTION
KARYOTEN-OUHON-RENPA

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
02.25.2013 , 02:27 PM | #14
If PvP is for f2p, most ppl would unsubscribe.

If they go that route, making PvP f2p then restricting high end PvP gear for subscribers, the end WZs (50 or 55) will be full of under geared players, which is not fun for both subscribers and non-subscribers.

The current state is reasonable. I think BW could sell unlimited WZs for a month on the cartel market. I just can't put a price on it (has to have no gear limit).

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 02:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
If PvP is for f2p, most ppl would unsubscribe.

If they go that route, making PvP f2p then restricting high end PvP gear for subscribers, the end WZs (50 or 55) will be full of under geared players, which is not fun for both subscribers and non-subscribers.

The current state is reasonable. I think BW could sell unlimited WZs for a month on the cartel market. I just can't put a price on it (has to have no gear limit).
Exactly what I'm saying. They already have a weekly pass. You can purchase it on GTN or Cartel market. If people really want to PVP more they will pay for it.
W.O.X.-HARBINGER
HYOU-MOUBU
LUKEWARM TAUNTAUNS-BASTION
KARYOTEN-OUHON-RENPA

Coldin's Avatar


Coldin
02.25.2013 , 03:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
My point is why would people sub if they get to do what they want for free! How will this get people to sub? Yes I assumed that you were F2P and that's my bad, but once again why would people sub if they get it for free. I personally hate PVE and really don't ever do it unless my guild asks me too. But if I could play PVP for free without any restrictions even with less coms. Why would I pay when I am already fully geared min/maxed. What do I need coms for? So basically for me as a sub who only PVP's and is fully geared I wouldn't pay anymore if I got to do what I wanted for free. Plus you said PVP on this game is not that great so why does it matter if it's free or not. You don't even think it's good. That's why people are trolling you.

If Cosco wholesale foods said we are going to do a promo to get more business. We are going to have things you can buy w/o membership at a higher price than with people membership. but COSCO says you can buy all edible goods at membership prices. Would more people sign up for membership?

You make people Sub by making the incentives worth it. From these responses, it seems many of you feel the Sub would not be worth it if you could still PVP without restriction as F2P. I guess having the much lower credit and commendation limits would not be an issue? Having to pay higher costs for PVP gear would not be an issue? Earning fewer commendations per warzone would not be an issue?

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 03:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
You make people Sub by making the incentives worth it. From these responses, it seems many of you feel the Sub would not be worth it if you could still PVP without restriction as F2P. I guess having the much lower credit and commendation limits would not be an issue? Having to pay higher costs for PVP gear would not be an issue? Earning fewer commendations per warzone would not be an issue?
Well personally man I don't think it is enough incentive. If you are new it would'nt matter how long it takes because the majority of people will think that it is the normal grind. If you can get things for free, but takes a little longer I think most people wouldn't want to sub. Also if you are already a sub and unsub. You have the gear already so credits and coms would not affect that person. Personally I wouldn't pay for a sub if I could do what I liked to do for free. But that is just me. I think more people will unsub and just play for free because why do I need the credits and coms if I only want to pvp. TBH man you make a lot of sense, but the OP states that pvp is not that great. What does it matter to him if it's not that great. Why does it bother him if it's free or not. He doesn't even like it. That is my issue.
W.O.X.-HARBINGER
HYOU-MOUBU
LUKEWARM TAUNTAUNS-BASTION
KARYOTEN-OUHON-RENPA

Royox's Avatar


Royox
02.25.2013 , 03:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.

No. If ppl wants to PVP they have to Pay like the others. PVP and PVE is the only think why this game is worth paying. Withouth pvp people would stop paying.

Elisaveta's Avatar


Elisaveta
02.25.2013 , 03:59 PM | #19
I think Bioware is more than generous to the F2P players. And if you dislike SWTOR PvP why would you want access to more of it?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

Bullsith's Avatar


Bullsith
02.27.2013 , 12:29 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elisaveta View Post
I think Bioware is more than generous to the F2P players. And if you dislike SWTOR PvP why would you want access to more of it?
Where did I say I dislike it. I said it's not that great, but that does not mean I dislike it. And let's not pretend it's so effing awesome when it's missing so much.

And the reason I want more people to access PVP is due to the queue which at certain hours (when I am able to play) it's way too long.

And for the genious who said more people would unsub if the WZ restriction was to be removed, use your god-given mind! If they remove the restriction they add a big minus on the rewards for winning or losing. But, as opposed to now, people who do pay can sign up for PVP and have their queue pop sooner rather than much later.
The game rewards paying customers, right? Well this is a very good way to do that AND give free accounts a bigger incentive for PVP, which may result in subs.

I'm really starting to think some people on this forum are here just to disagree for the hell of it. Stupid...
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!