Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

Csdabest
03.09.2013 , 05:04 AM | #91
Just pay your fee. Thats all there is too it. I find it funny when people make demands like its owed to them especially when they are not contributing to it. Buy your passes on the cartel market like a good cheap customer.

Seireeni
03.09.2013 , 05:59 AM | #92
The wisest thing I've ever heard about f2p: "Think it as an extended demo."

When thinking f2p like that, I really don't get half of the whining about restrictions. When I first step my foot on SWTOR, it was a week long try-out that my friend sent me. I got 2 first planets and 15 first levels, and I didn't even think of whining about it.

But I have to agree with the fact that 3 wz in a week is far too small amount for a demo, since it really won't give you any picture on what pvp in swtor is. If you join TOR as your first mmo (as I did) and go to a pvp arena...it probably took me at least 20 matches to figure out the basic tactics for every map, and even more to learn to actually be useful member of the team. Especially with huttball...it really takes a lot of experience in there to know who to pass, where to go for a pass and all that.

So, since I'm thinking f2p as an extended demo, there will have to be some restraining. But I think the amount of pvp matches in a week should be raised to 7, maybe even 14 in a week, so f2p could actually get a picture on what the pvp is. Another solution could be that the restriction would be 3 matches in a week, but after 3 matches you could still play, but you would receive no xp, credits or commedations at all. (though with the latter, level 50 pvp could get problematic, since f2p can't use purple gear at all, so at worst case scenario teams would fill with loads of f2p with recruit gear...)

DeadDogBarking
03.10.2013 , 10:52 PM | #93
I really love to look at all sides of the issue.
But
Bioware has spent more on you than vice versa. Usually you get what you pay for, but you are already getting more. I would love to look at possible ticket options etc, but threatening a company about losing a customer who has never spent a penny is a poor sales pitch.
A simple "thank you but" would at least be a respectfull way to start.

Bullsith
03.15.2013 , 02:58 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadDogBarking View Post
I really love to look at all sides of the issue.
But
Bioware has spent more on you than vice versa. Usually you get what you pay for, but you are already getting more. I would love to look at possible ticket options etc, but threatening a company about losing a customer who has never spent a penny is a poor sales pitch.
A simple "thank you but" would at least be a respectfull way to start.
Spend money to make money. You heard the saying, right?
That aside, I'm honestly not that bothered about a free sub leaving, I understand this game is not for everyone, but when I'm pondering leaving myself (paying custormer since launch), because of something related to player numbers (queues) then yes, I start to care about the experience these people are offered. Let's face it, it's not like this game is doing great. Free players are what pulled it out from it's grave. Let's not pretend that before they introduced F2P this game was doing great.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Godlymuppet
03.15.2013 , 05:41 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
Spend money to make money. You heard the saying, right?
That aside, I'm honestly not that bothered about a free sub leaving, I understand this game is not for everyone, but when I'm pondering leaving myself (paying custormer since launch), because of something related to player numbers (queues) then yes, I start to care about the experience these people are offered. Let's face it, it's not like this game is doing great. Free players are what pulled it out from it's grave. Let's not pretend that before they introduced F2P this game was doing great.
Free to play did not save the game. Micro transactions did. They just happened at the same time. I suspect that most micro transactions are done by subscribers. It would be interesting to see what percentage of transactions are done by subs compared to free players. But I don't think we will ever get to know.

Honest question. Does anybody here know of any players that don't sub that spend allot on cartel items. I don't, all the players I know that spend a lot on cartel items are subbers.

The changes just ended up with subbers paying more than just a sub.
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

KennethHoover
03.15.2013 , 06:15 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
The wisest thing I've ever heard about f2p: "Think it as an extended demo."

When thinking f2p like that, I really don't get half of the whining about restrictions.
^Pretty much this.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Bullsith
03.15.2013 , 03:38 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
Free to play did not save the game. Micro transactions did. They just happened at the same time. I suspect that most micro transactions are done by subscribers. It would be interesting to see what percentage of transactions are done by subs compared to free players. But I don't think we will ever get to know.
Microtransactions may have had a contribution but it wasn't them that saved the game considering there were less than 20 people in the fleet area at peak hours. And who enjoys an MMO with no people in it, except those ****ed up people that actually want SWTOR to be a single player game... It was the no-sub format that pulled this game from the descent to the grave. I know some people have issues admiting that, considering there's some messed up hate for non-subbed players (dunno why) but it's clear as day and if you stuck around this game then you'd know.

Quote: Originally Posted by Godlymuppet View Post
Honest question. Does anybody here know of any players that don't sub that spend allot on cartel items. I don't, all the players I know that spend a lot on cartel items are subbers.

The changes just ended up with subbers paying more than just a sub.
That's cause what they offer is simply uninteresting. OK, some might buy the ability to wear orange items, some even might buy the ability to hide their head slot (nice one EA, it totally does not scream "RIP YOU OFF"), but honestly, why spend real money JUST to get in some warzones where you'll get steamrolled over by the other team for lacking elite gear and verbally abused by yours for the same reason. SWTOR PVP is not attractive enough, from many perspectives, to justify selling tickets like this. IMO they should have done that with the story cause that's actually good!
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Xanas
03.16.2013 , 01:42 AM | #98
So you whant them to lose more subs by making the game FTP on PVP? Well i know i would go FPT for that... I ONLY PVP... If that is free then lol they just lost a sub... Trust me i am not the only one.

Also the proposition for FTP to not be able to use gear (pvp one) is also bad. That would ruin the gameplay for the rest of us... Yeah its sure to kill some of them at first and not so bad to have them on your own team but after some time when you can't do any real pvp aside for Ranked because its win or lose depending on the numbers of FTP's... Its get's boring fast...

I belive the system is all well and good as it is now. I am sure if those people if they trink the gameplay is good enough after 3 games they can put some bloody $ down and get a week pass to try the game more...

MidichIorian
03.16.2013 , 02:20 AM | #99
I'm all for that idea. It would benefit everyone if more people played and if F2P'ers had the same chance to gear up and build routine. I mean, do we really want to play with a guy who perhaps only has played that particular warzone once in the past month? That's a subscriber benefit right there; not having to play with people who hardly get to play. I rather play with people who have some idea of what they're doing instead of turning it into a sandbox discussion regarding who's entitled to access and not.

There are already so many annoying restrictions for F2P'ers that they'd probably subscribe if it was an option. Or atleast make it so that preferred players have full access.