Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the Free Account Restriction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove the Free Account Restriction

Bullsith
02.25.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1
SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 12:10 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post
SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.
What I get from this is I want to play more for free so why don't you let me. If PVP is not that great to you then what does it matter if you get to play more or not?
W. O. X.
Karyoten-Moubu-Hyou-KouChan

Bullsith
02.25.2013 , 12:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
What I get from this is I want to play more for free so why don't you let me. If PVP is not that great to you then what does it matter if you get to play more or not?
So you think this restriction is such a *********** samrt thing? Honest?
And FYI I never played this game without a subscription, so I'm not here looking for handouts, cause frankly there's not much to hand out when it comes to PVP. So yeah, it *********** matters to a potential custormer. It would matter to me, cause 3 wz a week does not give me any kind of perspective over SWTOR PVP.

And besides, there are plenty of restrictions that will make you want to buy this game if you plan to stick around.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

sphyg
02.25.2013 , 12:22 PM | #4
What I get from this is, " I'm subbed but I wanna be cheap and not pay for a sub anymore. However I really like warzones and don't want to be limited to three a week. Let me badmouth PvP on the forums so I can get it for free"

Just my interpretation. I could be very wrong.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

funkiestj
02.25.2013 , 12:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
right. Although it is possible OP has a point. BW could give new players a free 1 week pass for PvP (e.g. mail it to them after they do their very first WZ). The first taste is free ...

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Natharon
02.25.2013 , 12:47 PM | #6
Good less green geared F2P kids in my warzones.
♠The Natharon Legacy♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WAR>

sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 12:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
right. Although it is possible OP has a point. BW could give new players a free 1 week pass for PvP (e.g. mail it to them after they do their very first WZ). The first taste is free ...
Yes that would be good man. I also think 3 matches is too little, but according to the OP he says PVP is not that great so what does it matter to him if its free or not. That is all I am saying.
W. O. X.

Philastra
02.25.2013 , 12:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullsith View Post

Why are playing SWTOR instead of WoW, or any other game you think the PVP is better?
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

sirullrich
02.25.2013 , 12:49 PM | #9
But to the OP I will give you props on your name. BULLSITH. It is classic!!1
W. O. X.

Coldin
02.25.2013 , 01:07 PM | #10
Personally, I see it this way.

Limiting F2P/Preferred players access to warzones actually hurts the Sub player. It means there are less people to play with in warzones, which makes longer queues. The limited warzones also leads to Free Players ditching warzones that they can't win, in hopes of entering a warzone where their limited entries will count for more. There's also little incentive for a F2P player to stay in SWTOR once they've exhausted their weekly limit

I propose they remove the Weekly Warzone restriction, but in return, reduce the amount of commendations earned by 20%. The weekly pass then could remove this penalty. It matches the similar restriction in place for leveling, but allows the F2P to keep playing, keeping them more invested in the game. Plus, the F2P is already paying almost a third more than the Sub player for the exact same gear.