Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which advance class to pick

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which advance class to pick

Quicknesto
02.25.2013 , 12:28 AM | #1
I'm having a difficult time deciding which advance class to pick for my smuggler. i already played around with a Sniper which is fun and my friend made a scoundrel which he liked at first but then started to hate about mid game.i do like being a melee attacker but sometimes i want to go guns blazing when needed. so i thought i should ask the public what they think about the two classes. Hopefully it will help me decide which one to pick.
Lvl 50: Assassin, Sniper, Juggernaut, Marauder, Mercenary, Guardian, Sage.
In Progress, Commando, Smuggler, Sorcerer.

Sinapus
02.25.2013 , 03:24 AM | #2
My scoundrel does a lot of guns blazing, mainly by staying back and throwing charged shots/sabotage charges in-between heals.

The scrapper spec probably has a lot of close-range attacks.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Cruddas
02.26.2013 , 05:23 AM | #3
I've just levelled gunslinger to 50 and they seem way, way easier to level compared to scoundrel. I used sharp shooter tree + kept gear up to level. Plus pvp they seem completely awesome, ive gone sab/df hybrid build and its working extremely well so far.

Scoundrel I've found has alot more down time whilst levelling and a bit flimsey at lvl 30. I'm told that at the 36?? mark they really come into their own on the dps trees and I guess there probably isnt so many of them about because of this. Its also really nice been able to respec and dive straight into a flashpoint as healer if I fancy it.

Its down to you! Why not just make both
GUNS FOR SHOW, KNIVES FOR A PRO

ButteredSoul
02.26.2013 , 05:14 PM | #4
If, like me, you love stealth, go Scoundrel.

Sinapus
03.03.2013 , 08:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ButteredSoul View Post
If, like me, you love stealth, go Scoundrel.
Just try to avoid humming the "Mission: Impossible" theme when sneaking past groups of enemies.

Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Belly
03.04.2013 , 12:39 PM | #6
Scoundrel, because they Shoot First.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts