Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keybinding imaging for Shadow Tank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Keybinding imaging for Shadow Tank

Igoligirl
02.24.2013 , 10:15 PM | #1
Need some assistance in keybinding my abilities on my Level 50 Shadow Tank. Have regular keyboard and mouse, no gaming paraphernalia as of yet. Anybody have a setup that really works for them? Please post an image and/or explanation to share with me and other new 50s!

LeeTone
02.27.2013 , 03:30 AM | #2
Here's a cut out of my UI showing main abilities quickbars.

If you have a mouse wheel like me you can bind wheel up, wheel click and wheel down to abilities.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps06ddbd96.png

Drudenfusz
02.28.2013 , 02:14 AM | #3
I think keybinds are something that is personal, so regardless how good I am with mine as a shadow tank, I suggest you try for yourself what works best for you.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Grumpftard
02.28.2013 , 08:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I think keybinds are something that is personal, so regardless how good I am with mine as a shadow tank, I suggest you try for yourself what works best for you.
Agreed.... You have to experiment, because the possibilities are endless. I tried many variations of other peoples bindings and none of them ever worked for me. I actually went back to mouse clicking (oh hell...that's gonna start a debate) and use foot pedals. One for P2T and one for my interrupt.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

slafko
02.28.2013 , 12:39 PM | #5
Here's mine: http://oi48.tinypic.com/2z9id08.jpg. Lower row is bound as Shift+X.

Kupo
03.11.2013 , 08:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
Agreed.... You have to experiment, because the possibilities are endless. I tried many variations of other peoples bindings and none of them ever worked for me. I actually went back to mouse clicking (oh hell...that's gonna start a debate) and use foot pedals. One for P2T and one for my interrupt.
Foot pedals? What's that from, a driving controller?

DarthBama
03.11.2013 , 08:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
That's freaking brilliant. Maybe I should put my rudder pedals to work.

Grumpftard
03.12.2013 , 05:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
Foot pedals? What's that from, a driving controller?
It's not from any kind of driving or flight thingy. They are just USB pedals you can hook up.
Here's the link to the company's website. There are places you can get them way cheaper, but I didn't want to plug any one store that sells them.

Scythe pedal

The biggest advantage is that I dodn't have to stop what I'm doing to key up Vent. I just bound the pedal to my PTT key.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

notean
03.14.2013 , 03:02 PM | #9
As other people I really do not want to give any specific advice as it would be pointless.
But I can give few tips which might be useful:

* Enable all quickbars you have in Interface Editor and put them on screen edges for case when your memory fails and to prevent accidentally switching main skillbar unless you specifically rely on switching it
* assign every skillbar specific group which is easy to memorize, like bar1: [-=0-9]; bar2: Shift-[-=0-9]bar3: Ctrl-[-=0-9]; bar4: Alt-[-=0-9] bar5: F1-F12; bar6: Ctrl-[QWERASDFZXCV]
* Use easily quickslots with easily accessible key-binds for more frequent skills. For right-hand 5-button mouse WASD system it would be like: */Shift/Alt-[1-5]; Ctrl-[QWERASDFZXCV]; Shift-[RFZXCV]; F1-F4; mouse 4/5, Ctrl/Shift-Space
* If you have more then 3 buttons on mouse, you can use those for some most important functions but better if add them on some quickbar as secondary key-bind: */Shift/Ctrl/Alt-mouse 4/5...
* Avoid using regular un-modded letters [A-Z] for anything unsafe as it is really easy to create chaos if chatline does not pop up by some reason
-="Beatings will continue until morale improves"=-
Flashpoints guide: 1) do not rush ahead; 2) do not start combat on half health; 3) do not aggro anything you can not handle; 4) do not break cc without need; 5) DO NOT STAND IN FIRE (AoE)