Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Extreme FPS lag

Dnepr
02.24.2013 , 11:38 AM | #1
I'm on The Shadowlands and have recently had some Frames per Second issues. Normally I get in the 30-60 range. I started to get spikes every 30 minutes or so where I would only get 5-6fps for about a minute. I changed to Full Screen Windowed mode and this fixed this problem temporarily.

Once 1.7 came out the lag spikes started happening again, though not nearly as often as before. I log in this morning and I can't get over 6 FPS with very small spikes to 15 FPS. I mucked around with the graphics settings and even at the lowest settings I can't get over 20 FPS.

Troubleshooting done so far:

1. Updated Graphics Driver

2. Deleted cache file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor

3. Ran Fixlauncher

4. Ran the repair from the launcher

Here is my DxDiag

Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by VandisFet View Post
...It is a War Zone, not a shopping mall....
Play hard, or go watch the Lifetime channel.

Dnepr
02.24.2013 , 11:55 AM | #2
I downgraded my Nvidia drivers to 306.97 and that appears to have resolved the issue. I'll update the thread if the problem returns or I still get the occasional spike.

DewyMossEmpire
02.24.2013 , 11:58 AM | #3
I'm telling you man, never update the NVIDIA drivers. It makes it ten times worse. Just revert the driver its original state when you bought it, that's what works best for me.

Dnepr
02.24.2013 , 04:14 PM | #4
I have been on most of the day since I originally posted and have not had any frame rate issues. I did, however, have the game lock up twice, crashed to desktop once, and blue screened once.