Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightsaber Forms in SWTOR

Bird_of_Thunder
02.23.2013 , 06:27 PM | #1
So far I've seen:

Soresu
Juyo
Ataru
Shii-cho
Shien

Is that all of them?
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Aurbere
02.23.2013 , 08:17 PM | #2
In game? Yes. That's all of them.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Cotlu-Hunlon
02.23.2013 , 09:45 PM | #3
Yeah they're there, but I think they need to be reassigned to different skill trees:

Jedi Knight
1-10: Shii-Cho

Guardian:
Defense - Soresu
Focus - Niman (for the integrated force aspect)
Vigilance - Juyo (or Djem So)

Sentinel:
Focus - Niman (has a dual blade option)
Combat - Ataru (has dual blades too)
Watchman - Jar'Kai

Bao-Dur veteran

drfumblez
02.23.2013 , 11:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post

Vigilance - Juyo (or Djem So)
Djem So is Shien.

Zardac_the_Great
02.24.2013 , 12:16 AM | #5
I realize they're not going to do this, but I would like to see different animations for lightsaber attacks based on what form we're using.

DAWUSS
02.24.2013 , 08:29 PM | #6
They should give saber forms to Consular and Inquisitor as well, not just Warrior and Knight.

Jenzali
02.24.2013 , 08:37 PM | #7
Yeah, would be nice to rename the Assassin/Shadow charges/combat techniques to instead be some of the actual lightsaber forms. For example Darth Maul was a Juyo user and he used a double-bladed saber.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Argonloris
02.25.2013 , 03:35 AM | #8
From a lore perspective that is not all of them. There are 7 lightsaber forms in the lore. They are as follows:

Form 1- Shii-cho
Form 2- Makashi
Form 3- Soresu
Form 4- Ataru
Form 5- Shien
Form 6- Niman
Form 7- Juyo

Also form 7 has a variant that may not be used in the time period of the game. The variant called Vapad was one that Mace Windu specialized in though most masters thought that it bordered on a a path to the dark side
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007

Path-x
02.27.2013 , 04:27 PM | #9
For Sith Warrior specs (equivalently for JK) they are these:

Juggernaut
Immortal: Suresu
Vengeance: Shien
Rage: Shii-Cho

Marauder
Annihilation: Juyo
Carnage: Ataru
Rage: Shii-Cho
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Dantedraconian
01.31.2014 , 06:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Djem So is Shien.
Well it's a little different, Djem So is far more aggressive. Djem So is a physically demanding power attack form of Shien. It's also more geared towards saber dueling whilst Shien is geared towards aggressive blast deflection.
I would like to see the ability to mix forms. Take Obi Wan Kenobi for example. He uses Soresu to defend and Ataru to attack (with a couple of others mixed in) This makes him a defensive powerhouse that can counter attack aggressively!
I would like to see more emphasis on forms whist dueling. If you are a master of Shii-Cho and you go up against a master of Makashi, you should lose hard!
And mastery should come into effect. You should start off knowing the base elements of the form, then it should be developed though leveling.
That would be cool :P
Also I would like to see different animations for the forms. If you are using Ataru you should be jumping about all over the place. If using Soresu you should make small decisive moments and so on.
That would also be cool