Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Wolfninjajedi
02.27.2013 , 02:46 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Those droids aren't exactly much of a threat to an HK 50 unit.
This evidence is supported? I haven't really seen anything of noteworthy that an HK-50 unit has done straight up combat wise that a battle droid can't do. To add on that, the War Droids do have personal shield generators(well the Sentinels anyway, they were optional but they still had them. The Mark droids did have energy shields too which did protect them.) So I don't see how the droids aren't a threat.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
02.27.2013 , 03:37 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This evidence is supported? I haven't really seen anything of noteworthy that an HK-50 unit has done straight up combat wise that a battle droid can't do. To add on that, the War Droids do have personal shield generators(well the Sentinels anyway, they were optional but they still had them. The Mark droids did have energy shields too which did protect them.) So I don't see how the droids aren't a threat.
I would like to see some actual combat exploits by the HK-50s before we jump to any conclusions.

They're assassin droids. Great. But what can they do? Besides assassinating people.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
02.27.2013 , 03:56 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I would like to see some actual combat exploits by the HK-50s before we jump to any conclusions.

They're assassin droids. Great. But what can they do? Besides assassinating people.
Thats the key here Aurbere...they are ASSASSIN droids, they aren't BATTLE droids. Now does this mean, that they do poorly in straight up combat? No..but their main directive is assassination.

Warren-Stride
02.27.2013 , 04:42 PM | #104
Thats the key here Aurbere...they are ASSASSIN droids, they aren't BATTLE droids. Now does this mean, that they do poorly in straight up combat? No..but their main directive is assassination.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-50...assassin_droid

Their main directive is actually:
Quote:
"facilitate communications and terminate hostilities"
And also:
Quote:
the HK-50s had several differing characteristics that conflicted with those of their progenitor, which needless to say, was part of the reason HK-47 held a fierce grudge against them: among them was the HK-50s' 'philosophy of murder'; the HK-50s believed that murder is about "wanton slaughter" and "body count", under the belief that they were programmed without inhibition, without restraint, and kill "who we want, when we want",
These droids aren't limited to assassination of a single target. They enjoy mass-killings, and are apparently quite skilled at them. You're right, they aren't battle droids. They're MASS SLAUGHTER droids. When there's an HK involved, it's never really a battle.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Darkondo
02.27.2013 , 04:48 PM | #105
As for HK-50's im not quite sure of their combat experience, however they were modeled off HK-47 who had killed many jedi during the Battle of Malachor V. Also HK-47 survived into the clone wars and was reactivated by the CIS on Mustafar. When reactivated he destroyed 3 B2 Super battle droids and a Droideka (which have shields) with ease.

Before the Separatists were executed by Darth Vader, they were amazed at the technology that HK-47 was and began incorporating HK's design elements into their own technology, making the HK-77.

I'm not sure how this relates to HK-50's capabilities, since HK-47 has eliminated many of his counterparts before, but you can get a gross estimation of an HK-50's capabilities using HK-47.

Warren-Stride
02.27.2013 , 05:27 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-51

We can compare the HK-50s to the HK-51s:
Quote:
"Schematics for HK generation 51: Blaster to accuracy ratio: increased by 21%. Durasteel impact frame resistance: increased. Conclusion: halting production. Units are in standby mode, pending further testing of behavior cores and assassination protocols." ―Log of the HK-51's development status
So the HK-51's were upgraded versions of the HK-50s in accuracy and defense. (Which doesn't mean the HK-50's weren't plenty good in both already.)

So any abilities the HK-51's have in SWTOR can be translated to the HK-50's here, with a debuff to accuracy and a lower armor rating. That's what I got for their combat effectiveness.
~~ AiR ~~

Aurbere
02.27.2013 , 05:33 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-51

We can compare the HK-50s to the HK-51s:

So the HK-51's were upgraded versions of the HK-50s in accuracy and defense. (Which doesn't mean the HK-50's weren't plenty good in both already.)

So any abilities the HK-51's have in SWTOR can be translated to the HK-50's here, with a debuff to accuracy and a lower armor rating. That's what I got for their combat effectiveness.
That seems fairly logical. Thanks.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
02.27.2013 , 07:29 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-50...assassin_droid

Their main directive is actually:

And also:

These droids aren't limited to assassination of a single target. They enjoy mass-killings, and are apparently quite skilled at them. You're right, they aren't battle droids. They're MASS SLAUGHTER droids. When there's an HK involved, it's never really a battle.
Yes cause an HK-50 has a real good track record...The only mass killings I can remember is the mining facility Peragus, and the HK used the mining droids to do all that.

But anyway this isn't the point here, point is Traya has War droids of her own she can use to send to the HK facility and take it out, to add these droids have shields to protect them moreso. So they won't get taken out so easily.

Aurbere
02.27.2013 , 07:32 PM | #109
Yes cause an HK-50 has a real good track record...The only mass killings I can remember is the mining facility Peragus, and the HK used the mining droids to do all that.

But anyway this isn't the point here, point is Traya has War droids of her own she can use to send to the HK facility and take it out.
That's true. She also has beasts that she can send. Not entirely effective, but most would serve as cannon fodder for the war droids.

Warren-Stride
02.27.2013 , 07:39 PM | #110
But anyway this isn't the point here, point is Traya has War droids of her own she can use to send to the HK facility and take it out, to add these droids have shields to protect them moreso. So they won't get taken out so easily.
Woah woah woah. Where have we ever seen Traya use War Droids?
~~ AiR ~~