Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR 2.0 update gear

orpheus
02.21.2013 , 04:41 PM | #11
the way i see it is, Dread Guard gear should be viable to level to 55 in since the level 55 "starter" gear is 156 so im sure 150 gear will last a bit...

translucentwolf
02.21.2013 , 04:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KALELSAB View Post
So all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks BW for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.
Also looking forward to you not renewing.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

AshlaBoga
02.21.2013 , 04:45 PM | #13
Your DG will be what you need for the level 55 Flashpoints, BH will hold you back.

So getting full DG means you can start doing the level 55s much quicker than someone who is just getting full BH in 2.0
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

translucentwolf
02.21.2013 , 04:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
To be fair, they did make a lot of weird comments about 50 "still being the endgame" and how some sort of "improvements in how item power is calculated" would mean all your existing stuff won't be obsolete. In the end they tossed all those pretty notions out (along with all the old "endgame" kit) and just tacked on three new tiers. Meet the new gear grind. Same as the old gear grind. Nobody should be surprised at this.
Patch notes said everyone will be 'bolstered' to recruit level, for 50 pvp. That means you can continue to wear your cool looking PVE, as you slowly early War Hero.

That's a 'calculation' if you consider it.

Note, Hazmat will now be dropping on EV and KP HM. So you'll be able to pick up some gear that's 'good enough' to work on the lvl 55 content, as you grind tward 55. Just do your Ops.

Once you hit 55, you'll want to start re-gearing. Same as... Rakata having to move on to Campaign.

And once you have the 'ultimate' for lvl 55, and you're fully augmented, etc. etc. expect that 3.0, coming to you in 2014, will bump the cap to 60, and introduce another level of gear.

You may then post again about how useless the lvl 55 ultimate set is.

Calm down. The gear isn't useless. It's just no longer BiS.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

iamthehoyden
02.21.2013 , 04:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KALELSAB View Post
So all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks BW for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.
It's a new tier. It's not that your effort meant nothing. You got your gear, you used that gear to beat the challenges at your level, hopefully you had a good time doing that. Now you get new challenges, new gear to beat those challenges, and hopefully some more good times doing that.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

JediCahlwyn
02.21.2013 , 05:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
It's a new tier. It's not that your effort meant nothing. You got your gear, you used that gear to beat the challenges at your level, hopefully you had a good time doing that. Now you get new challenges, new gear to beat those challenges, and hopefully some more good times doing that.
This exactly! Why can't people understand this? The same people would complain that Bioware never adds in new gear if it wasn't added in... you just can't win with certain people!

The changes makes the entire endgame MUCH more logical and better. The new stuff isn't til level 55 anyway.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Lord_of_Mu
02.21.2013 , 05:28 PM | #17
In terms of stats, sure. But I was expecting my stats to be outdated the moment they announced the expansion. Now it's just about getting the armor shells before they go the way of the dinosaur.

iamthehoyden
02.21.2013 , 05:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
This exactly! Why can't people understand this? The same people would complain that Bioware never adds in new gear if it wasn't added in... you just can't win with certain people!

The changes makes the entire endgame MUCH more logical and better. The new stuff isn't til level 55 anyway.
If I never had a new piece of gear (or some other way to improve my character) to shoot for, I'd probably quit the game, but I do understand the frustration at seeing gear you spent a good bit of time and effort working towards become the base level. At least it isn't going to be like my traumatic experience in WoW where 2 hours after Cataclysm started I got a quest drop green with better stats than the epic I'd spent months grinding for. <shudder>

It takes a little bit of a shift in thinking to let that old gear go. Good bit of pride mixed up in that, but it's worth it. New stuff coming with new goals to shoot for.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

tzagheru
02.21.2013 , 05:58 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kalelsab View Post
so all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks bw for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.
your tears are so tasty

Talosred
02.21.2013 , 06:18 PM | #20
welcome to mmos