Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Surge vs Alacrity for Gunnary

nbayer
02.22.2013 , 09:02 AM | #11
Here is some interesting info about the new stat calculations:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601726

I was on the PTS last night and saw that all my stats were basically lower than before. You will see in that other thread he mentions that the crit soft cap is at 20% now. So perhaps that current crit budget over 20% should be placed in power. That will inherently devalue surge a bit.

The question looks like it might be more focused around accuracy than I had previously thought. It was a given before since we had plenty of room in the budget to get it to 100% and still have more then enough left for surge.

They transferred my character over without a credit to his name so I didn't have enough money to even swap mods around but we could end up using a large portion of our enhancements, earpiece, and implants on just getting accuracy back to 100%. Which might not be worth doing, maybe 97%ish is good enough?

AMightyKnight
02.22.2013 , 09:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
I don't know if 72 level can bring you to the optimal levels anymore.
I don't think that it is possible to get to the old 75% Surge 100% Accuracy and have decent amount of Alacrity with the new BIS gear. But the real question is whether or not more Alacrity and less Surge or even Auccracy works.
It might be better to leave Surge at 72% and make do with 98% Auccracy in favor of more Alacrity.

oaceen
02.22.2013 , 10:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
They transferred my character over without a credit to his name so I didn't have enough money to even swap mods around but we could end up using a large portion of our enhancements, earpiece, and implants on just getting accuracy back to 100%. Which might not be worth doing, maybe 97%ish is good enough?
you can buy a bunch of gear, wait a couple hours, and sell it back for a lot of credits.

every time you use the terminal to auto level to 55, you get new comms and a new set of gear tokens to trade in

also, i don't believe you can be 100% optimized in 2.0, and i think this is intentional to give the stats some breathing room as BW moves forward with higher levels of gear.
after 1.2, it was basically impossible to get to 100% accuracy and 75% surge with full rakata (the top tier gear at the time)

i think for now, we'll have to make difficult choices about how much accuracy, alacrity, and surge we want

i can see also that crit gives very little now. i have a 535 crit rating, i have only 29% tech crit in assault, 35% as combat medic, and 31% as gunnery
with a 198 crit rating, i have a 23%, 29%, and 25%, respectively

the crit bonus from crit rating and mainstat is much lower now: 2423 aim = 6.28% crit, 535 crit rating = 8.43%

Smashbrother
02.23.2013 , 11:34 AM | #14
It makes sense that they lowered how much each stat gives since we're going to be getting tons more stats in the expansion due to the new gear.

Look at the pvp gear. They're mod item levels are the same as WH/EWH (61/63), but have waaaay more stats on them.

JimmyTheCannon
02.24.2013 , 07:54 PM | #15
I think the problem with the new stat contributions is more clear when you succeed in transferring a 50 over. It'd make sense that the amount of stats you used to get optimal numbers at 50 isn't going to give you the same at 55, but the problem is it's not giving you the same numbers at *50* anymore, either.

oaceen
02.24.2013 , 10:22 PM | #16
i actually went with accuracy up to just under 10% (with skill points), then dropped all surge and crit

picked up as much alacrity as i could, and went all power for secondary

and my dps went up about 100

AMightyKnight
02.25.2013 , 12:04 AM | #17
What was your DPS before? ~100 DPS more is no nearly enough for the Commando to be competitive.

If one looks here Good DPS, more than 2.5k DPS is fairly common.

oaceen
02.25.2013 , 02:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
What was your DPS before? ~100 DPS more is no nearly enough for the Commando to be competitive.
ok, i really don't understand the point of your post.

i swapped a bunch of mods and enhancements around, and my dps went up. i'm making no statement whatsoever about commando compared to other classes. i'm responding to the topic of this thread: surge vs alacrity for gunnery.

AMightyKnight
02.25.2013 , 02:25 AM | #19
the fault is mine, i missunderstood your post

nbayer
02.25.2013 , 08:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
i actually went with accuracy up to just under 10% (with skill points), then dropped all surge and crit

picked up as much alacrity as i could, and went all power for secondary

and my dps went up about 100
can you list your stat numbers for accuracy / crit / surge / alacrity / power and their corresponding final values?