Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I take it all back BW <3

JimmyTheCannon
02.27.2013 , 07:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
i like the eliminator's set bonus now because it's equally useful for assault and gunnery.

HIB now costs 10 cells for gunnery (slightly more than 1 ammo), but my gunnery rotation is the same, and i don't seem to have any ammo issues honestly. i can easily pull 2.1k+ dps on the ops dummy in stock eliminator gear even with all the lag going on in fleet.

on live, i feel like i have too much ammo at times, so that's possibly why i don't mind the change.
Other classes are pulling 2.7k+.

Myself, on my Merc - I'm having heat issues.

oaceen
02.28.2013 , 02:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Other classes are pulling 2.7k+.

Myself, on my Merc - I'm having heat issues.
with augments, relics, stims, adrenals, and switching arounds mods, yes.

i'm talking about stock eliminator gear with nothing else whatsoever.

JimmyTheCannon
02.28.2013 , 06:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
with augments, relics, stims, adrenals, and switching arounds mods, yes.

i'm talking about stock eliminator gear with nothing else whatsoever.
And I've got Augments, Relics, have done the best I can to min-max on the PTS. Admittedly no Stims or Adrenals, but still.

I'm lucky if I can crack 2100 DPS, and I can't sustain it because of heat issues.

Other classes are doing FAR more than we are on PTS.

Corran
02.28.2013 , 08:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
And I've got Augments, Relics, have done the best I can to min-max on the PTS. Admittedly no Stims or Adrenals, but still.

I'm lucky if I can crack 2100 DPS, and I can't sustain it because of heat issues.

Other classes are doing FAR more than we are on PTS.
he's doing your dps in worse gear

you sure it's the class?

i'm also seeing 2.8k parses from commandos on the pts server forum.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Gyronamics
03.01.2013 , 05:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Corran View Post
Link to a commando pulling 2.8kdps on a legit target?

Because I don't believe that for a a second.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

JimmyTheCannon
03.01.2013 , 12:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Corran View Post
he's doing your dps in worse gear

you sure it's the class?

Part of it's the class changes. I was able to keep up with Marauders and Sentinels on live. I *know* my class as it is on Live. I have no doubt I'm struggling to adapt to the changes on the PTS and that someone else could do better - but it's still behind other classes by a large margin.

Lag is also an issue. I don't have a ship dummy and I'm getting a LOT of false GCDs on the fleet one.

And I call BS on the 2.8k Commando parse. I've been keeping an eye on the PTS form, too, and the highest I've seen is around 2350 for both Pyro and Arsenal. Please, link me to this 2.8k Commando parse.

Gyronamics
03.01.2013 , 05:00 PM | #27
I found a stupid *** parse going round that's probably it, 2900 from a commando on a Combat Training Dummy aka trash.

This is why if you claim something you need to show the parse.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

oaceen
03.02.2013 , 12:09 AM | #28
i don't believe any of the 2.8s floating around (except maybe some of the VG hybrids that are clearly broken right now)

that said, here's my gunnery mando on my ship droid (parsed just now)

full arkanian, no alacrity, accuracy up to 99.97%, rest surge. only ~200 crit, rest power
he's my commando from live, so he has full augmented gear + DG relics (but he has the energy relic i got from before i knew kinetic was for tech classes)

he has reflex 22s on everything but implants and earpieces

nano-infused stim, no adrenal

ignore the first fight. i started it with the wrong relic equipped and forgot the reset the combat logging before starting the second one.
will try a parse with a lot of alacrity instead of surge (and some mixture between)

JimmyTheCannon
03.02.2013 , 05:02 PM | #29
Saw that on PTS, and I believe it. The heat management is a lot tighter, though, isn't it?

Mossesman
03.02.2013 , 05:42 PM | #30
Whilst the buffs are nice, DPS Commandos still have no place in ranked PvP. After doing alot of warzones on the PTS in Gunnery spec, were still easily shutdown, and without an immunity to interrupts and targets being able to counter us easily by just hiding behind a pillar or something.

Electro Net is a start but its still not enough, Assassins/Shadows can cleanse this using resilience (very annoying when your trying to stop them in Huttball), and the slow generally not being enough (again, Operatives/Merc healers can cleanse aswell). The slow needs to be higher imo.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow