I take it all back BW <3

ArchangelLBC

WE GET HOLD THE LINE NOW!

Other stuff also looks awesome. Huzzah!

"Degauss now causes Diversion to have a 100% chance to remove all movement-pairing effects. (Previously Energy Shield), Degauss is now a Tier 6 ability. (Previously Tier 2)."

These two changes make Pyro a lot more mobile. It should improve the PvP experience for Commandos greatly.

Edited by Zakmonster

"Degauss now causes Diversion to have a 100% chance to remove all movement-pairing effects. (Previously Energy Shield), Degauss is now a Tier 6 ability. (Previously Tier 2)."

These two changes make Pyro a lot more mobile. It should improve the PvP experience for Commandos greatly.

Meh Degauss was always kinda lame anyway. Shifting it to Diversion is definitely a plus since it's on a much shorter cooldown, but its still only useful for stuff we can't already cleanse.

What are the other skill tree changes?

Meh Degauss was always kinda lame anyway. Shifting it to Diversion is definitely a plus since it's on a much shorter cooldown, but its still only useful for stuff we can't already cleanse.

What are the other skill tree changes?

I don't know. That was from the Powertech forums. Nothing that's specific to the Commando/Mercenary.

Yeah, gunnery will basically have a 33% uptime on it (10s uptime, 30s cooldown).

Electro Net cannot be cleansed by Force or Tech users, and Resilience cannot be used while under the effect of electro net (nor can hold the line). However if you use it on someone whose got resilience up resilience WILL block it and your net goes into cooldown.

Can someone comment on ammo issues on the PTS?

Hearing very troubling rumors about ammo being a problem again because they changed our 4 piece set bonus (and if I understand ammo conversions right they nerfed the cost reduction of HiM when using AP cell).

If that's true then it's very disheartening, especially considering SS Gunslingers have infinite energy now.

Can someone comment on ammo issues on the PTS?

Hearing very troubling rumors about ammo being a problem again because they changed our 4 piece set bonus (and if I understand ammo conversions right they nerfed the cost reduction of HiM when using AP cell).

If that's true then it's very disheartening, especially considering SS Gunslingers have infinite energy now.

rumors are correct

they changed the second set bonus from eliminator from -1 ammo for HIB to +8% damage (essentially swaping ammo cost for damage under the new system) and on top of that nerfed ammo cost of HIB when using AP cell (was -1, now its -2 , should be -8). The grav round ammo buff from AP cell (-1 now) helps a bit and it effectively means that the combination 3 gravs / 1 HIB costs about 1.2 old energy cells more than before. It effectively forces you to use hammershot at least (!) once in your basic rotation (excluding Full Auto procs here):

GR GR GR HIB DR HS GR GR GR HIB DR HS

This obviously results in damage loss and makes energy management "interesting".

On a side note, my current concern is that alacrity doesnt influence our cell charger talent. Thats the one which gave us oneenergy cell (in addition to our normal regeneration) every six seconds before 2.0. If alacrity doesnt speed this up we have additional regen issues since we can do more attacks in one six second cycle. I dont know that for sure but in my tests on the PTS i'm having more trouble than i should have if only HIB regen was nerfed.

I thinks its possible just didnt think of our six sec cycle when they changed alacrity and HIB.

i like the eliminator's set bonus now because it's equally useful for assault and gunnery.

HIB now costs 10 cells for gunnery (slightly more than 1 ammo), but my gunnery rotation is the same, and i don't seem to have any ammo issues honestly. i can easily pull 2.1k+ dps on the ops dummy in stock eliminator gear even with all the lag going on in fleet.

on live, i feel like i have too much ammo at times, so that's possibly why i don't mind the change.

Edited by oaceen

I think it depends on whether or not you were already using Alacrity builds (from talents) in live and are used to needing a few hammer shots for your rotation. I don't need any more, but when I use them is different. They really need to let us know the actual amount of ammo we have. Graphic is taking some getting used to.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean a whole lot from someone who barely plays the class, but when I was goofing around on the pts with an arsenal merc I had zero resource issues. I found my self having to actively think about using resource depleting abilities rather than the auto attack because I was frequently maxing my resources. But again, I'm sure I'm playing the class wrong :p

i like the eliminator's set bonus now because it's equally useful for assault and gunnery.

HIB now costs 10 cells for gunnery (slightly more than 1 ammo), but my gunnery rotation is the same, and i don't seem to have any ammo issues honestly. i can easily pull 2.1k+ dps on the ops dummy in stock eliminator gear even with all the lag going on in fleet.

on live, i feel like i have too much ammo at times, so that's possibly why i don't mind the change.

Other classes are pulling 2.7k+.

Myself, on my Merc - I'm having heat issues.

with augments, relics, stims, adrenals, and switching arounds mods, yes.

i'm talking about stock eliminator gear with nothing else whatsoever.

And I've got Augments, Relics, have done the best I can to min-max on the PTS. Admittedly no Stims or Adrenals, but still.

I'm lucky if I can crack 2100 DPS, and I can't sustain it because of heat issues.

Other classes are doing FAR more than we are on PTS.

And I've got Augments, Relics, have done the best I can to min-max on the PTS. Admittedly no Stims or Adrenals, but still.

I'm lucky if I can crack 2100 DPS, and I can't sustain it because of heat issues.

Other classes are doing FAR more than we are on PTS.

he's doing your dps in worse gear

you sure it's the class?

i'm also seeing 2.8k parses from commandos on the pts server forum.