Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 - anyone on the PTS?

Sildanar
02.21.2013 , 12:40 AM | #11
Changes thus far without yet doing any ops or WZ's.
Just wanted to see the talent tree revamps and try outt he new abilities.

in short, things look excellent.

Some well thought out changes.

Energy seems fine, it certainly looks like they just baked in Pugnacity energy regen into baseline energy regen.
Reduced burst big heals on sawbones, and made us more HoT based (changes to Kolto Pack)

Some well thought out changes to Dirty Fighting with a specced 60% chance for zero cost Wounding shots.

Kolto cloud, Flechette round and Hemorrhaging blast remain top of their respective tree's.

Talent based effect to grant 1-2 Upper hand upon leaving stealth for Sawbones is awesome.

And across the board it seems a big attempt to make Defense screen more worthwhile, as an example Med screen in Sawbones tree gets a nice buff making it actually a potentially worthwhile choice.

Just a very very quick look at the changes outlined above (Sawbones and Dirty Fighting only, I have not looked at scrapper yet).

If nothing else the improved baseline energy regen and the consequent extra availability of Upper hand (now no longer used to keep pugnacity up) are excellent improvements..
Very very impressed at a first pass.

now for the detailed testing..

Well done Bioware
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

JayReaper
02.21.2013 , 03:59 AM | #12
Perhaps checking into the more complained about and lackluster scrapper tree would help a bit rather than the already overly used healing one. I feel scrappers are again going to get hosed
PESTILINZ (Harbinger)
"Nerf stupidity and buff bad players. Everybody wins."
60 Guardian
60 Scoundrel
60 Vanguard

Sildanar
02.21.2013 , 04:56 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JayReaper View Post
Perhaps checking into the more complained about and lackluster scrapper tree would help a bit rather than the already overly used healing one. I feel scrappers are again going to get hosed
I check what I play.

Ill look into Scrapper and the other tree's in more depth when I have time.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Alduinsm
02.21.2013 , 06:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JayReaper View Post
Someone posted a bit about it
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600991
Quote:
Looks like good news for concealment ops. Played a few wzs on the PTS and it's too early to say for sure but it looks like bioware is at least trying to address the issues that have plagued concealment ops -- namely mobility and energy management (but we're also getting a decent dps buff from improvements to lacerate).

First the most obvious change: New ability exfiltrate. Holy crap we have an actual gap closer. So far appears quite nice. Costs 25 energy but has no cooldown. Very useful for getting into or out of melee range. Also nice for moving through traffic while cloaked. An op can actually get to the bridges first in voidstar after the first door is bombed. Can also move you quickly across the map on demand at a speed only rivaled by carnage predation. Overall a very pleasant surprise.

Energy management. Stim boost is essentially gone. The skill still exists but serves a completely different purpose. Its old energy regen buff is now an always-on +1 to energy regen per-second passive ability. THANK GOD. I have no idea what made bioware think it was a good idea to give the class that already had the most difficult energy management a "buff" that required even more energy micromanagement. Anyway those days are behind us. The new stimboost is on a 2 minute cooldown and grants a TA + 10% alacrity when used. Alacrity, btw now shortens the gcd on instants and improves energy regen proportionally. In short, it doesn't suck nearly as much as it used to and may even be good.

More energy management: Lacerate now costs 15 energy instead of 10 but whenever you proc collateral strike you GAIN 10 energy. THANK GOD. Lacerate and collateral strike have sucked since launch (FIVE skill points for a below-average filler attack screw-you-very-much bioware). Now normally this would be a meh-to-nice buff on energy management but . . .

Holy **** lacerate is good now. It now takes 7 skill points to fully buff lacerate but collateral strike now procs 70% of the time with no apparent nerf to damage and NO INTERNAL COOLDOWN. This gives a nice little buff on dps and means that lacerate actually costs on average 15 - (10 * .7) = 8 energy. Now we're freakin talking bioware. Took you a year but now we're finally freakin talking.
Shin

JayReaper
02.21.2013 , 06:30 AM | #15
Thank you very much sir. Seems hopeful but won't know for sure until tested.
PESTILINZ (Harbinger)
"Nerf stupidity and buff bad players. Everybody wins."
60 Guardian
60 Scoundrel
60 Vanguard

mr_ruiz
02.21.2013 , 11:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildanar View Post
I check what I play.

Ill look into Scrapper and the other tree's in more depth when I have time.
I leveled Scrapper and didn't get into PVP until after the first big nerf. Then after the patch w/extended CD to BB, I went Sawbones... heals were buffed and it seemed healers were needed. Worked out great.

I think I'm a Sawbones for life, but Scrapping for a bit may be a good break to getting targetted like crazy in WZ's, if I see some good feedback.

I can't wait.
Linnea │LÓnnea │LÔnnea
::::: The Chupacabra Legacy @ Prophecy of The Five :::::
<WAR>
US Republic PvP

AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 12:23 PM | #17
Just got off my concealment op off the pts. Pugnacity talent in the tree may not be as useful as it is now. 45 secs of healing with a 2 minute cd. Almost not worth it. And I wish they would remove the healing debuff from Ghost,(sorry don't know the scoundrel version) cause with scamper it's really almost not needed.

Scamper is SUPER SUPER nice.

but they made some talents to flechette does 39 percent more dmg, could be awesome. But with scrapper, self healing is slightly nerfed. But they did give us more defensive cd's, if you count the dodge from scamper proc.

which btw, does exactly what dodge does, (well removed some burns and physical effect's have yet to test it out with slows.
Hallow, šgronš, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

SatsuAra
02.21.2013 , 12:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Alduinsm View Post
I was just on the PTS and i agree with the above poster, i love the changes, especially the new speed burst. Think of it as a spammable quick force run. I also love the change to Pugnacity, it feels like you go into rapid fire mode.
Enden I Roul I Emeritus
Smuggler

BKSN

ktkenshinx
02.21.2013 , 01:10 PM | #19
I'm still testing the abilities. A lot of what I have seen in the forums has been knee-jerk reactions of joy or anger. The angry people haven't done any testing period. The joyful people have not done enough testing, because our class changes don't exist in a vacuum. For example, our roll is awesome and our energy management/burst/sustained all improved...but Tanksins are mega-beastly, and those guys are in direct competition with our class. Guardian Reflect is also a serious problem in that matchup, granting either an effective 3 seconds of immunity to attacks or putting too much damage back on us.

The point is, no one should be posting ANY conclusions about this class (or really any class) at this time. At least, not without serious prefacing. If we are okay looking at our class changes in a vacuum, then that is fine; indeed, there is some value to isolated analysis. But the comparative perspective is probably more important, and that is going to take time to figure out.

And don't even get me started on Alacrity. Given that my PTS toons are BROKE in both credits and comms, I have no way of testing different ways to work that stat into our current gearing. So anything on Alacrity is going to be purely speculative at this point.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

Jedi_Slayer
02.21.2013 , 01:56 PM | #20
Thanks for bring up Alacrity

Quote:
Alacrity has been redesigned to be a more universally useful stat. Now Alacrity reduces the activation time of all abilities, including instant abilities. If such an ability is reduced below the global cooldown, the global cooldown is reduced as well. Alacrity now also increases resource regeneration for all classes by the same amount that it increases ability activation speed.
As a sawbones this is one of the stats that I am really curious about, right now Alacrity is only nominally useful as opposed to cunning/power.

Is this increase in speed regen and in availability of skills going to cause more of a challenge with energy management. After all can the regen keep up with the extra spam?