Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 - anyone on the PTS?

jjmartin
02.20.2013 , 06:52 PM | #1
My read of the patch notes is that they our nerf'd energy regen by removing Pugnacity, but that's about it. Anyone on the PTS care to share?

oaceen
02.20.2013 , 07:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jjmartin View Post
My read of the patch notes is that they our nerf'd energy regen by removing Pugnacity, but that's about it. Anyone on the PTS care to share?
i think you should go back to read it more closely.

instead of needing to consume upper hands to keep pugnacity up, it's now a passive skill called Street Tough

i'm currently patching, so when it's done (assuming i can get character copy to work), i'll be posting changes/clarifications not listed in the official patch notes here. i'm guessing the alacrity boosts on backblast/shoot first that were datamined aren't so awful after all.
it will be interesting to see how the skill trees are designed. i heard someone say that they are still 31 point trees, so that we will essentially have 15 extra points to use in other trees after maxing one out.

ktkenshinx
02.20.2013 , 07:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jjmartin View Post
I will be on the PTS fairly soon, after which I will be undergoing a detailed analysis and comparison in my Scrapper guide (sigged).

At first glance, I will say that there is a passive boost to energy regen which might make up for the loss of Pugnacity. There is also a resource boost to Alacrity, a stat that now decreases CDs/GCDs AND increases resource regeneration for the class using it. Finally, the talents in the Skill Tree that previously dealt with Pugnacity are probably going to boost passive energy regen.

Only by getting on the PTS can we tell for sure, but my first impression is that we are probably not going to be screwed in this regard.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

jjmartin
02.20.2013 , 09:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
instead of needing to consume upper hands to keep pugnacity up, it's now a passive skill called Street Tough
Fair enough comment. My knee-jerk thought was that the new passive ability would be lower in energy generation than the active Pugnacity ability. Curious to see what you all find out on pts.

Ravashakk
02.20.2013 , 09:33 PM | #5
There is a LOT of stuff not in the patch notes. I'm more concerned with some of the changes or lack of changes to other classes.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

mr_ruiz
02.20.2013 , 10:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
There is a LOT of stuff not in the patch notes. I'm more concerned with some of the changes or lack of changes to other classes.
True that ^.

I just came back to the game after about 6 months off. Actually having lots of fun and getting back into PVP. Still not fully adjusted to controls after playing Diablo III for so long. I hope this new patch doesn't put me off this game again.
Linnea │Lînnea │Līnnea
::::: The Chupacabra Legacy @ Prophecy of The Five :::::
<WAR>
US Republic PvP

Carter_Mathis
02.20.2013 , 10:09 PM | #7
Not a huge fan of the whole "Already great specs are getting major buffs while Scrapper gets next to nothing" thing that Bioware did for 2.0

Philelectric
02.20.2013 , 10:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Not a huge fan of the whole "Already great specs are getting major buffs while Scrapper gets next to nothing" thing that Bioware did for 2.0
At least they are not changing the whole gameplay of your spec. Look at what a deception assassin will be in 2.0. I'm not saying it wont be good...I just hate how they changed the gameplay.

An take it on the good side, no nerf for you XD
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

mr_ruiz
02.20.2013 , 10:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
At least they are not changing the whole gameplay of your spec. Look at what a deception assassin will be in 2.0. I'm not saying it wont be good...I just hate how they changed the gameplay.

An take it on the good side, no nerf for you XD

Well, I can say I'm happy about that.... but it seems like the norm around here. Not sure that's always a good thing.

Up until the past couple days, the Scoundrel forum has been a ghost town. We need more people in here, a more active population. This is a great class and lots of people are put off because it's easier with less, somewhere else.

We need good changes to make that happen.... Solo mis dos centavos.
Linnea │Lînnea │Līnnea
::::: The Chupacabra Legacy @ Prophecy of The Five :::::
<WAR>
US Republic PvP

ktkenshinx
02.21.2013 , 12:10 AM | #10
I transcribed and posted the ability/skill tree changes and updates here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=594135&page=8
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---