Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS 2.0 Live

UberDuberSoldat
02.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #21
I mean honestly look at the possibilities of a double sin team in huttball now.

Both place their teleports strategically. Both pop shroud.
Sin 1 grabs ball, throws to Sin 2.
Sin 1 teleports, Sin 2 pass to Sin 1.
Sin 2 teleports, Sin 1 pass to Sin 2.
Sprinkle in some super speed if needed and you literally have a 3-4 second huttball capture you can do nothing about. Except maybe get lucky and predicting where they teleport for an interception. I guess we'll see if the new Electro-net or stealth detection mechanics can prevent this reliably.
Darth Soldåt - Juggernaut Soldät - Powertech Darth Sôldat - Assassin

Morde_
02.21.2013 , 12:31 PM | #22
They should change the mechanics of "who can right click the fastest" when determining who gets the ball.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

UberDuberSoldat
02.21.2013 , 12:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
They should change the mechanics of "who can right click the fastest" when determining who gets the ball.
there needs to be a 10m radius, and you can only grab the ball if your team has more people in the radius

Morde_
02.21.2013 , 12:38 PM | #24
That would be nice but I could see Bioware opposing it because it brings about the mentality that as soon as the other team's tank gets the ball, you should basically ignore him and let him walk into your end zone and just worry about the next ball.

While this would be (and already kind of is) the competitive strategy, I could see casual pvpers being like 'wat'
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

Morde_
02.21.2013 , 12:41 PM | #25
It also leads to a lot more of "don't score yet, hold the ball!" which I think is kind of silly.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

UberDuberSoldat
02.21.2013 , 12:52 PM | #26
lol what about a novare style node cap to acquire the ball, but with a shortened 4 sec timer.

Morde_
02.21.2013 , 12:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
lol what about a novare style node cap to acquire the ball, but with a shortened 4 sec timer.
Nope nope nope, all your ideas suck. You suck. You're bad. Tampon sniffer.<3
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

Morde_
02.21.2013 , 01:00 PM | #28
How I would fix huttball would be to have 3 different spawn points for the ball. One in the middle and one on either side (outside the middle zone near the expertise power boosts). At the beginning, the ball still spawns in the middle (assassin foot race) but after each score it spawns randomly in one of the spots.

It encourages mid control but it's less of a cluster ****. Teams would have to spread out and try to win the ball in more technical small battles depending on where it spawns.

Imo it would lead to a lot more exciting communication and strategy than being like "****, Wrucks got the ball, get mid"

It's also keeps pretty much the same gong show for lolregs
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

UberDuberSoldat
02.21.2013 , 01:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
How I would fix huttball would be to have 3 different spawn points for the ball. One in the middle and one on either side (outside the middle zone near the expertise power boosts). At the beginning, the ball still spawns in the middle (assassin foot race) but after each score it spawns randomly in one of the spots.

It encourages mid control but it's less of a cluster ****. Teams would have to spread out and try to win the ball in more technical small battles depending on where it spawns.

Imo it would lead to a lot more exciting communication and strategy than being like "****, Wrucks got the ball, get mid"

It's also keeps pretty much the same gong show for lolregs
nah I was thinking about multi spawns, but I think randomness deciding who gets the ball after a score is worse than a right click fest. It should be determined by skill.

Something along the lines of multiple spawns, with a short cap time, and first one to grab a ball gets one, then the rest disappear perhaps.

Edit: I could actually see a random spawn with three locations if they gave a small warning before it spawned. That introduces some measure of coordination/skill, scrambling to the spawn location.

Morde_
02.21.2013 , 01:17 PM | #30
There's so much they could do.

Imagine this: huttball lasts the full 13 minutes (still would be one of the shortest warzones) and it's not 'first to 6', it's just as many caps as possible.

But the kicker: there's two huttballs in play at any time.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie