Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stop forcing PVP on PVE servers


inunonichan's Avatar


inunonichan
02.25.2013 , 04:21 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by -DarK-HorsE- View Post
Just wanted to throw in here...

So if a PvE server is strictly non PvP then why are there WZ's? Rated at that, which are usually for the extremely dedicated PvPers.

Someone stated that people are killing others for no reason... Here is my reason for wiping a line: I have better **** to do than stand in a line. Some of the lines I have seen the people will blow up before they even make it up to turn in. Everyone is flagged in this area and that means survival of the fittest. The Ancient Gree droid has a long respawn timer why wait and take your chances that someone else downs him and you have to wait even longer? If I have room in my party I will invite if it looks like someone is waiting for it. I play a game to have fun and actually play not stand there and stare at the back of someone's head for the duration of my gametime. I don't go around smoking everything that moves but I will remove a line or take on another guild for the FUN of it.

You only gain a little Rep from the PvP area, if the thought of having to do a little PvP turns you off enough you won't go in. Just like for the PvPers if they don't want to run around and grind the dailies nobody is forcing them to.... But then again they kinda are forced to arent they if they want the Grey Tokens for the Legacy weapons... So who should be complaining?
I'm not saying that it's strictly non PvP, just illustrating that the quote I took was not very well constructed. WZ are different from PvE and PvP server restrictions in that open world is what we are talking about. We all have to deal with having to share the same world and by extension same enemies, which will lead to delays. But the point of having a PvE server is to ensure exactly the same behaviour you are talking about is not tolerated. If you want to be able to screw someone else over and speed ahead, I'm sure there's a PvP server that has a spot for you. I thought I said PvE server too many times, but it seems people's eyes glaze over everytime they read it.

Why am I being restricted from accessing PvE content on a PvE server because someone else wants a PvP experience but couldn't pick a server correctly? Again I feel the need to stress that we are talking about a PvE server. For god's sake, keep that in mind when you think about what I'm saying. If you feel that the PvP servers need to be changed so only PvP counts, then by all means, make that suggestion elsewhere. Just keep in mind that I am complaining about PvP for PvE content on a PvE server. Anyone else who can make an argument that keeps that in mind?

-DarK-HorsE-'s Avatar


-DarK-HorsE-
02.25.2013 , 04:38 AM | #22
Your missing a crucial point here, when you open your quest log and look at the two quests in question here what does it say next to it? (PVP). When you go to this area what flashes in red letters across your screen? Your not missing out on any PVE content by not going in there. All descriptions of these quests clearly state that it is PVP. You guys need to accept that the PVEers got a ton of dailies to do as well as 3 new world bosses. PvPers got 2 daily quests that drop a couple WZ Comms and a little rep.
As for picking the wrong server well people PvP on all servers for a variety of reasons. Some are on them because they have a friend that invited them there, some didn't discover they liked PvP until after they had chosen they're server and others simply have a change in taste.

Instead of requesting a change to an obviously fun place for a lot of people try and be proactive yourself.
A) If people are killing you and your incapable of fighting back switch instances. I highly doubt there will be an organized guild guarding every instance.
B) go in numbers, if you are not in a guild and don't have any friends general chat is teeming with LFG's.
C) quit the game as I guess you already have...
Survival Strategy
Rock-steady
Para'mountDoc'u'up

inunonichan's Avatar


inunonichan
02.25.2013 , 04:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by -DarK-HorsE- View Post
Your missing a crucial point here, when you open your quest log and look at the two quests in question here what does it say next to it? (PVP). When you go to this area what flashes in red letters across your screen? Your not missing out on any PVE content by not going in there. All descriptions of these quests clearly state that it is PVP. You guys need to accept that the PVEers got a ton of dailies to do as well as 3 new world bosses. PvPers got 2 daily quests that drop a couple WZ Comms and a little rep.
As for picking the wrong server well people PvP on all servers for a variety of reasons. Some are on them because they have a friend that invited them there, some didn't discover they liked PvP until after they had chosen they're server and others simply have a change in taste.

Instead of requesting a change to an obviously fun place for a lot of people try and be proactive yourself.
A) If people are killing you and your incapable of fighting back switch instances. I highly doubt there will be an organized guild guarding every instance.
B) go in numbers, if you are not in a guild and don't have any friends general chat is teeming with LFG's.
C) quit the game as I guess you already have...
I guess I'll take each point at a time.
1. I mentioned earlier that I am well aware that the quest says it's PvP. I'm question why it is there on a PvE server while controlling access to PvE content.


2. I disagree that we are not missing content. You need to be atleast Newcomer with the Gree to access missions, and since there is a cap on how much you can get daily, restricting some of it on a PvE server to PvP missions is failed design.

3. If you are bemoaning lack of PvP content on a PvE server, I don't know what to tell you.

4. I could honestly care less why people might decide to PvP, but if you pick the wrong server, you have two options, stick to the server and keep doing the same thing, or switch servers. It's already a concession for PvPers on PvE servers because you have WZ and duels if you feel the need to fight another character, so stop acting like you are being marginalized. Again, I am not arguing against PvP, only against putting quests that have a direct relevance on PvE content in PvP zones.

5. You seem to misunderstand what I am saying. I don't want anyone to stop having fun in Ilum's PvP zone, merely that the quests be relegated to an area where I don't have to fear being ganked. If you want to PvP, that's fine, I just don't want to be forced into that area in order to unlock access to PvE content.

6. While OP may have quit, I am still playing.

Kalfear's Avatar


Kalfear
02.25.2013 , 07:23 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
It seems many words have had their official meanings changed lately:

The new definition for "quitting" should be officially changed to "I'm not going to quit but instead I'll just *tell* people I'm going to quit and just keep posting anything I feel I want to whine about".

Another definition that needs changing is "misery", and how we somehow enjoy other peoples' misery. A homeless person or a drug addict, that's misery, and I doubt anyone enjoys it. Getting killed while in an open world FFA area is not misery at all, it's good times.

The last one has to be 'griefing'. Now, no matter what anyone does, if some person doesn't like it it's somehow 'griefing'. All I have to do is win a speeder race to a mineral node in front of someone and it's automatically griefing. Win a roll for the rare pet drop: grieifing. Scavenging materials from all the dead robots laying around: grieifing. I bought that item off the GTN when you wanted it: grieifing.

If you're gonna quit, then quit, nobody cares but you or what you have to say but yourself. So buh-bye and just don't post here again. Do what you say you're gonna do and just quit already.
Geee they couldnt be waiting for account time to run out

OPPS, dang it there I go using LOGIC AGAIN

me bad

better I just throw random insults at random posters because they dared to post something I didnt agree with
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

SturmUndSterne's Avatar


SturmUndSterne
02.25.2013 , 08:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by inunonichan View Post
I guess I'll take each point at a time.

5. You seem to misunderstand what I am saying. I don't want anyone to stop having fun in Ilum's PvP zone, merely that the quests be relegated to an area where I don't have to fear being ganked. If you want to PvP, that's fine, I just don't want to be forced into that area in order to unlock access to PvE content.
Good lord.

The quest is not a PvE quest. It's a PvP quest. It says so DIRECTLY ON THE QUEST and when you enter the area it flashes up in big red letter that it's PvP content.

If you don't want PVP, then DO THE HEROIC QUEST SOMEWHERE ELSE. There are THREE separate nodes for you to complete the heroic outside of the PvP area. Playing ONE character has given me enough extra rep trophies to get most of the way to Legend in three weeks, after weekly caps are taken into consideration. You have SEVERAL options to unlock the reputation you want - and PvP quests are ONE of the options. I chose to farm worldbosses on multiple instances. Oh - also - I only played for about seven days total of these two weeks due to real life commitments.

If you don't want PvP, STAY OUT OF THE PvP AREA. Nothing - at all - in the game FORCES you to enter that area. There are ZERO non-PvP quests that REQUIRE you to enter the Ilum PvP area. There is exactly ONE PvE quest that REQUIRES you to enter a PvP area IN THE ENTIRE GAME and that's the HK-51 quest. You can whine and complain all you want - the fact is, you CHOSE to enter the PvP area and complete PvP quests - now live with the consequences of open-world FFA PvP. If you CHOOSE to take part in a PvP quest, then you're also choosing to take part in PvP.

Aerilas's Avatar


Aerilas
02.25.2013 , 08:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Killing people like the op and hearing them whine on the forums + general is the funnest thing about the new ilum.
QFT, ive gotten so many whispers in these 2 weeks, i should have made pictures and made a collage
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
02.25.2013 , 08:54 AM | #27
The two PvP quests:

1. Has a clear [PvP] in the quest name.

2. Takes place in a clearly marked PvP area with red system message warning you it's a PvP area.

3. Gives warzone commendations (PvP) as reward.

/thread.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

LanceCorporalDan's Avatar


LanceCorporalDan
02.25.2013 , 08:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
QFT, ive gotten so many whispers in these 2 weeks, i should have made pictures and made a collage
Post of the day +1 cookie
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

LanceCorporalDan's Avatar


LanceCorporalDan
02.25.2013 , 09:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Morden View Post
I am curious on how my mindset is small? I am not alone in my frustration.
They have PVP servers for PVP-players.
Perhaps bw wanted to try and give wpvp a chance.. they didn't do it right but they tried at least. Look at the dev posts, it's a pvp event to help wpvp. With that mindset should there be no PvE on PvP servers??
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

anonnn's Avatar


anonnn
02.25.2013 , 11:09 AM | #30
Clearly BioWare should have made a 2nd mission location that was outside of any auto-flag zone. Then PvP players can still do their [PVP] missions in the PvP zone and have their extra fun, and PvE players could still participate in the full mission set for the event and get whatever rewards are given. I wouldn't mind getting some wz comms as a reward, I might be able to save them up slowly for a superior relic some day. I'm sure the missions reward some of the +Reputation trophies, but I'm not willing to go into PvP in order to get them.

I'm with the OP, but I wasn't willing to go outside of my PvE and try the [PVP] missions even once. I hate getting flagged, and if I get flagged it's always because of the obnoxious PvP-flagging rules. There are so many tricky ways a person can become flagged and become vulnerable to attack by PvP players that it's obvious BioWare didn't do anything special at all for PvE servers. IMO they screwed it up and should fix it on the PvE servers. There really needs to be a player setting on PvE servers that prevents unwanted flagging, which would be switched on by default.

However, I think BioWare is missing an opportunity for more sophisticated event missions. There's no reason a mission can't require simultaneous activity both inside the PvP zone and outside the PvP zone. Which means that PvP players and PvE players could group for the same mission and depart for the different mission locations to cooperate on completing the missions objectives. An 8-person Heroic mission with this characteristic would be awesome.
Boring conversation anyway.
Think twice. . . Think again.
Nullius in verba. . .