Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of Healing: One Year Later

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
State of Healing: One Year Later

Aurojiin
02.19.2013 , 09:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RuQu View Post
Skill tree lacks interesting decisions. (Fixed by removing decisions from all other classes)
I laughed, in a sort of bitter, defeated way.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

CaptainApop
02.20.2013 , 05:25 PM | #12
According to 2.0 patchnotes (on the PTS)

-Alacrity will now reduce the GCD/Activation time of all abilities

- Alacrity will now increase a character resource regen rate by the amount it reduces cast time

From worst stat to best stat in one patch?
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Tatile
02.20.2013 , 05:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainApop View Post
- Alacrity will now increase a character resource regen rate by the amount it reduces cast time
I missed that, holy crap.

Still, waiting to see what the healers-wot-do-with-numbers-and-stuff can pull out of the active mechanics and new skill trees on the PTS before I start going "I love everything about this patch" (because I'm iffy on the new look for Stim Boost). Unfortunately, I'm not one of those healers, otherwise I'd be doing with the numbers and what not.

CaptainApop
02.20.2013 , 05:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
(because I'm iffy on the new look for Stim Boost)
It looks like we're getting the stim boost energy baseline now (preparedness) so stim boost is just becoming a cooldown. I'm happy enough with that because frankly the only real OH**** buttons I have is my adrenal which is, pardon my french utter ********.

Hard to say I'll miss having to keep it up but between the alacrity changes and that healing on an operative seems like it's going to get even simpler. Not sure how I feel on that one.

Extra: Scamper is bad-***, assuming we have enough energy to make good use of it.

EDIT:
Forgot this too RuQu
- Kolto Infusion has been redesigned. This ability now heals for a moderate amount up front in addition to a moderate amount over 9 seconds.

VICTORY! After 12 long months xD
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Tatile
02.20.2013 , 06:04 PM | #15
And this is why I don't do class crunching. I didn't go "ooh, Preparedness is Stim Boost as passive" it went "That doesn't look like a real word even though I know it is one".

Thanks for the heads up

Cleet_Xia
02.20.2013 , 06:26 PM | #16
Not sure if 2.0 is really going to effect the value of alacrity as a stat or not for seer. The changes to Mental Alacrity, will give seers a nice burst. But I think many of us were stacking power/alacrity just because we hit the bad DR for crit/surge. Those values for crit/surge don't appear to be changing, and so going forward to level 55 gear - we're all going to be stacking more power/alacrity than before. We'll have to wait and see the parses on this one.

It may be that a straight power/alacrity gearing will be competitive with a more standard crit/surge gearing after 2.0.

The most interesting thing I saw in the patch notes is Kolto Bomb becoming available to all commandos appearently from the class trainer. That's going to make commando dps into some effective off healers, at the expense of reduced utility for their heal spec. That doesn't seem like it improves medics at all.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

RuQu
02.20.2013 , 07:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainApop View Post

VICTORY! After 12 long months xD
I just added a whole lot of Cyan to the list.

Troopers getting 100 Energy Cells instead of 12 Ammo is great. That imbalance was absurd.

The Alacrity change is much needed, and exactly what should have happened (as we detailed a year ago).

Now let them put in a note about smart healing and I'll be pretty happy, even if it took a year.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

JimmyTheCannon
02.21.2013 , 12:15 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
The most interesting thing I saw in the patch notes is Kolto Bomb becoming available to all commandos appearently from the class trainer. That's going to make commando dps into some effective off healers, at the expense of reduced utility for their heal spec. That doesn't seem like it improves medics at all.
Commandos who spec into the heal tree are still getting Kolto Residue (default Kolto Bomb never had that), and can spec into their Kolto Bomb leaving a small area HOT.

Increased utility.

SpaniardInfinity
02.21.2013 , 10:13 AM | #19
From my early testing, Combat Medic should be getting much better in group healing overall.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

CaptainApop
02.21.2013 , 10:23 AM | #20
Something I've just noticed about the new kolto infusion (I was very tired last time I was on)

It's got a cooldown of 9 seconds (the hot is also 9s).

Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but I have a few reasons that I think it should have retained it's lack of a cd.
  1. It now costs 25 energy, it is no longer cheaper than injection in any way, shape or form
  2. We have even more ways to gain TA now. Like tons. Be a shame if all we can really do is spam even more surgical probes. (It's already ~50% of our casts and now that old stim boost is gone...)
    • Surprise surgery turns vanish - hidden knife into an instant +3 TAs, we'll need a way to burst these away
    • More alacrity and cheaper hots mean we can maintain hots on more targets healthily -> We'll get closer to medical engineering ICD of 6s
    • Stim boost is a free instant TA now
    • In addtion to shiv'ing and injecting we will be positively swimming in tactical advantage. Without a costly way to burn through them I don't think we'll ever need to diagnostic scan.
  3. Firing off three infusions on separate targets (to not waste the hot) then vanishing to pop back to three and do it all again (HoT'ing the entire raid in all of about 6s) would be totally ******. Come on we were *this* close to some synergy.
  4. Infusion with no cd and surgical probe with no cd makes a good dynamic, a good CHOICE with regards healing. Higher throughput or very high efficiency.

At the very least give it a 7.5s cooldown so we can keep the hot on *a* tank 100%
Additionally, can't confirm until I get my main and guildies over but it feels like we have too much resources and no way to burn them away without bad play (dropping regularly into the lower tiers of regen or letting TA etc be capped)
Bah, BW let my main in so I can actually test things properly =[