Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will it be safe to reattach my security key?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
When will it be safe to reattach my security key?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
02.18.2013 , 07:38 PM | #1
Yesterday, I was locked out of my account out of nowhere. When I called CS (and after nearly 30 minutes on hold,) I was told that the problem was with the security key, and that they could detach it from my account so that I could continue playing. Well, that's all well and good, but when can I reattach it? They assured me it was a known issue, but I don't see it in the known issues thread. I'd very much like to use my hour cooldown fleet passes again.

Grimoreich
02.18.2013 , 08:20 PM | #2
ya me had same problem, I don't use phones and am deaf and had someone else I knew do phone thing. so lost my account. had to restart with new account. it a pain in the neck! security key is same as security code. if I lost security key, how am I suppose to know the security code when my house burnt down....

why not have send by email and have em answer security questions as option EA! duh!

TheSeventhJedi
02.18.2013 , 10:49 PM | #3
Bump for dev response please.

TheSeventhJedi
02.19.2013 , 08:45 AM | #4
Really would like an answer please.

Beesodd
02.19.2013 , 09:12 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello TheSeventhJedi,

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA to give on this. It is obviously an important issue and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible, and we will post when it has been fixed.

Sorry that I don't have anything more concrete on this.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

TheSeventhJedi
02.26.2013 , 04:34 PM | #6
So I've heard many people reattaching their keys with success, but I haven't heard official word yet.

AvalonBunny
02.26.2013 , 04:44 PM | #7
Sucks that we're having to lose cartel coins for something beyond our control. I'd like to put my security key back on my account, but I can't afford the phone calls to CS when it messes up again.
*Feels like a Jedi master when she walks through automatic doors*

TheSeventhJedi
02.26.2013 , 07:42 PM | #8
The cartel coins are nominal as is - but I definitely want the capability to use my fleet passes again.

TheSeventhJedi
02.27.2013 , 04:02 PM | #9
Any official word yet?

dougiechuck
03.05.2013 , 07:59 PM | #10
I too had to get my security key removed and was also told it was a known issue they were fixing. Was also told to check forums and see that it was fixed before re-attaching it to my account. Sadly when i search the forums this thread is the only one on the topic. Guess i too will continue to not use fleet passes. In my guild, if you do not have a security key you cannot be an officer so i have lost my status in my guild. Now the millions of credits i deposited into the guild bank are not availible for me to use to repair and the officer tab is complely inaccessable to me. would be great if this got fixed soon!