Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Synergy and Strictly Business, your reputations are being called into question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
To Synergy and Strictly Business, your reputations are being called into question

Enexemander
02.17.2013 , 09:10 PM | #1
Hello guys, and greetings from PoT5.

Like many pvp players, I tend to watch a good amount of pvp videos. I see you guys play regularly and I consider you to be top ranked players.

Well, let me get to the crux of the issue: I have seen that you both use lethality snipers in ranked games. For whatever reason, that decision is being looked down upon heavily and your prowess in pvp is even called into question because of it.

Please see this thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598393 .

I realize that this is somewhat silly, but I feel that some people are doing a disservice to the community with the spreading of misinformation. If you could, would you please post in the thread why you find speccing into lethality for certain warzones to be a useful addition.

Thank you.

Lazaris
02.17.2013 , 09:16 PM | #2
Did everyone on your server just start playing yesterday? Lethality is amazing for ranked.
Breks (Semi-retired)
Breaks
S T R I F E
"Get in 4's bro."

Enexemander
02.17.2013 , 09:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazaris View Post
Did everyone on your server just start playing yesterday? Lethality is amazing for ranked.
I'm aware, and the person in question is actually from the Red Eclipse server. I suppose NoTomorrow considers himself the absolute authority on all things sniper. He straight up made the analogy that using a lethality sniper in ranked is like using an Advanced Prototype Pyrotech.

marshmallow
02.17.2013 , 09:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Enexemander View Post
Hello guys, and greetings from PoT5.

Like many pvp players, I tend to watch a good amount of pvp videos. I see you guys play regularly and I consider you to be top ranked players.

Well, let me get to the crux of the issue: I have seen that you both use lethality snipers in ranked games. For whatever reason, that decision is being looked down upon heavily and your prowess in pvp is even called into question because of it.

Please see this thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598393 .

I realize that this is somewhat silly, but I feel that some people are doing a disservice to the community with the spreading of misinformation. If you could, would you please post in the thread why you find speccing into lethality for certain warzones to be a useful addition.

Thank you.
Why are our reputations being called into question if we use lethality? Why isn't Hey im mvp's reputation being called into question as well? They use lethality snipers as well.

Not sure why using lethality is a bad thing, enlighten me.
Scoundrel-rep
Juke-moves
Duxo
Every Dog Has It's Day

sithloardbob
02.17.2013 , 10:04 PM | #5
Lethality sniper's bring a lot of burst and pressure to the healers ... if you don't think so then ****.....engineer/sab is good yes but for how we play on this server lethality is more viable... with the team comps we run but all 3 specs are really good
Palmsolo
The Bastion Hey Im MVP
Bastion's Number one Sap Capee

Morde_
02.17.2013 , 10:09 PM | #6
People just don't understand the ducu composition.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

Lazaris
02.17.2013 , 10:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sithloardbob View Post
Lethality sniper's bring a lot of burst... if you don't think so then ****.....engineer/sab is good yes but for how we play on this server lethality is more viable... with the team comps we run but all 3 specs are really good
Sab is decent if played properly, but at the same time extremely easy to avoid. Sharpshooter is just no, white damage in ranked and even in regs is just poop.
Breks (Semi-retired)
Breaks
S T R I F E
"Get in 4's bro."

JediMasterSLC
02.18.2013 , 12:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazaris View Post
Sab is decent if played properly, but at the same time extremely easy to avoid. Sharpshooter is just no, white damage in ranked and even in regs is just poop.
Idk why ppl hate on SS, it's got amazing burst. Unless you're focusing tanks, the fact that it's white dmg doesn't really matter (are combat sentinels' also poop?)

Locke
02.18.2013 , 01:46 AM | #9
All three specs are useful depending on the map and other factors.
Cynicism - The sniper formerly known as Ghost (wound in the force) and Superficial

LegendaryQuan
02.18.2013 , 03:44 AM | #10
Lethality is the best spec in at least 3/5 of the maps. Simple as that. People who think lethality is trash are either ignorant to the class/spec or just bad players who dont understand the game. Players who allow engineering to get done what it is trying to do are tards. If youre playing against tards (which is probably 95%+ of the community so I guess engineering is best in regs and rateds on most servers) then spec engineering. If you have competent opponents, lethality is best. MM is a joke past lvl 49 and anyone pvping with that spec needs to research and test the other two.