Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Melee DPS vs Ranged DPS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Melee DPS vs Ranged DPS?

ghostar
02.17.2013 , 05:57 PM | #1
Hello!

It is me or melee DPS it is more difficult to play than range DPS?

Sage / inquisitor / trooper were piece of cake, were my Sith Juggernaut seems to be striving to succes.

Those range DPS have a 4 or 5 skills-rotation to kill a pack, my Juuggernaut DPS has a lot of buttons :P just to maintain rage checked.
I dont know if it because i can kill things faster with ranged (becuase i dont need to be near of them), or the Juggernaut really needs atention.

NoTomorrow
02.17.2013 , 06:07 PM | #2
It's well known that melee DPS requires more effort to play effectively. If you are still in the phase of having trouble to move and use abilities at the same time, than melee DPS is not for you. Range doesn't have this problem simply because it's mostly uncapable to move and DPS at the same time, or at best it has only a few instant abilities that are not so difficult to manage.

This doesn't mean however that melee DPS is weak or smth. It's perfectly capable to hold its own and given the current game balance, the only class that can pose a serious threat to knights/warriors are snipers.

Theoretically you could say that snipers are easy to play. The problem is many people come with a wrong midnset to this class and simply fail to capitalize on the class advantages and minimize its weaknesses. Which usually ends with them getting horribly murdered.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.