Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gree Event - Critiques and Praise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gree Event - Critiques and Praise

Arlbo_Nabbins
02.17.2013 , 06:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The Gree tell us they no longer know how their ancient tech works: we believe them.
The Gree tell us that they cannot control the Grey Secant: we believe them.
Of course what may be the case is that the Gree have not declined but progressed. The reason they can't get their ancient tech to work is because they have no one who knows about stuff that old other than in a purely academic sense.

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 06:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
Of course what may be the case is that the Gree have not declined but progressed. The reason they can't get their ancient tech to work is because they have no one who knows about stuff that old other than in a purely academic sense.
The Gree matched the Kwa before being pushed back by the Rakata. If the Gree are more advanced than they were 32,000 years ago then I fear the Republic is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you, DOOMED!

P.S: I love saying doom!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Gaff
02.17.2013 , 06:59 PM | #13
My only feedback to the event is two fold.

1) Dailies... I hate... dailies. So turned off by them I couldn't bring myself to finish the event. Not only are they dailies, but they're grindy dailies. Final nail in the coffin is that you can't get Grey Helix stuff solo.

2) Love the way the gear looks! The "Tron" look for the Gree stuff, as some would call it, does not bother me. What really sells me on it is the subtle awesomeness of the gear and weapons. Nice effects for the weapons and they're sleek looking. Gear is well colored (not blinding orange or puke green) and has a lot of simply great features (no huge shoulders, Shredder bracers, or Dumpster Samurai helmet). Really looking forward to more gear that is designed with these principles. Pitty I'll never be able to get it due to the aforementioned issues with dailies.
"You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 07:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaff View Post
My only feedback to the event is two fold.

1) Dailies... I hate... dailies. So turned off by them I couldn't bring myself to finish the event. Not only are they dailies, but they're grindy dailies. Final nail in the coffin is that you can't get Grey Helix stuff solo.

2) Love the way the gear looks! The "Tron" look for the Gree stuff, as some would call it, does not bother me. What really sells me on it is the subtle awesomeness of the gear and weapons. Nice effects for the weapons and they're sleek looking. Gear is well colored (not blinding orange or puke green) and has a lot of simply great features (no huge shoulders, Shredder bracers, or Dumpster Samurai helmet). Really looking forward to more gear that is designed with these principles.
You can get a couple Grey Helix items solo (1st mission + Gree Relays) and the Heroic is soloable if you're a minimaxed DG tank with a minimaxed Campaign or DG healer comp (which you know, means virtually no one can do it).
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

iamthehoyden
02.17.2013 , 07:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
Who is unknown? My character has saved a planet for them and been given one of their highest honours.

TfB establishes the relationship between the Gree and your faction.
There's a relationship, but we still know next to nothing about them, about what they want, what their goals are, all of that. It's okay though, I know I'm paranoid and suspicious
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

ZenomX
02.17.2013 , 07:07 PM | #16
You can actually get a BOL weapon within the two weeks.

Grinding rep is just a matter of having multiple 50's and being willing to grind out the missions even after your capped because you can store the rep items.

If you can get into an ops group to do the world bosses and ops boss you can get quite a few of the helix items. I have done the dailies on atleast 1 toon almost everyday and have done the ops boss in sm and hm this week for a total of 19 helix.

actorman
02.17.2013 , 07:09 PM | #17
I have a question for those of you who have some of the gear. I'm trying to decide if the even is worth it to me. Can the gear be used at any level like legacy gear, if you gut it or whatever, or do you have to be 45? Because if you have to be 45 why would I bother doing all this to get gear that is only good for 5 levels?

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 07:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by actorman View Post
I have a question for those of you who have some of the gear. I'm trying to decide if the even is worth it to me. Can the gear be used at any level like legacy gear, if you gut it or whatever, or do you have to be 45? Because if you have to be 45 why would I bother doing all this to get gear that is only good for 5 levels?
The primary purpose is two fold:
1. It's the ONLY way to transfer hilts between characters.
2. If you missed the 2nd event then this is the only way you'll be able to transfer barrels between characters.
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

actorman
02.17.2013 , 07:23 PM | #19
Still not worth it unless I can put it on a fresh 10 and mod as I go. This gear for me would be for looks, and why would I want it for 5 levels?

actorman
02.17.2013 , 07:25 PM | #20
And yep, did the last one and I can do barrels if I really want to. But I never do jedi/sith for my endgame characters, I just do them for the story, so not a big loss.