Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Talon....crash?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Legion-of-Geth
02.17.2013 , 01:13 AM | #1
Hope they fix what ever is causing the game to crash after I do the Black Talon mission...

DarthGile
02.18.2013 , 03:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Legion-of-Geth View Post
Hope they fix what ever is causing the game to crash after I do the Black Talon mission...
Bad news: It's a client crash in a game that's been out for a year and 2 months.
Good news: When you log back in, you still receive full credit and the quest completion window is waiting for you on either Dromund Kaas or Fleet.

Shwarzchild
02.28.2013 , 12:00 PM | #3
I'm wondering, and this is by no means an insult to the OP or anyone else having this problem it's definitely not meant to be. I just don't know and am wondering if somebody can give me the run down on why this crash problem isn't a computer specific problem but a swtor game specific problem. In my experiences I've only had a crash to desktop situation happen 2wice from launch until now. When I read these types of posts I tend to believe it's the user's computer and not he game itself. Can someone explain the difference to me since I don't understand?

RikHar
02.28.2013 , 12:30 PM | #4
Players have been complaining about this for a long time now. They haven't acknowledge these complaints, ever. Players are tired of complaining, myself included. It's a waste of time sending in tickets and complaints.

Forget it. It's a lost cause.

Shwarzchild
02.28.2013 , 01:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Players have been complaining about this for a long time now. They haven't acknowledge these complaints, ever. Players are tired of complaining, myself included. It's a waste of time sending in tickets and complaints.

Are you sure it's not your computer?

Gwence
02.28.2013 , 02:04 PM | #6
Im guessing this crash happens after the mission is over and you click the console that takes you back to the fleet or to dromund kaas?

If so, you can avoid crashing by alt tab'ing out during that cut scene after the choice is made for where the ship will go

Xaldynn
02.28.2013 , 02:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post

on the contrary..bioware HAS acknowledged the complaints. Several times actually. And they've suggested to players what they can do until there is an actual fix..

to the OP, what people are suggesting here is correct. During and of the "hyperspace" animation parts of Black Talon (and i've found sometimes on the opening scene of Foundry) you simply alt-tab out of the game for about 15-seconds or so to make sure the animation is over, then pull the game back up and you're good to go.

is this what we WANT to do as a quick fix in place of a REAL fix?

No.

but it works for now.
Zéphyros Korrvo Xaldynn Corrvo
Kόrrvo Kúgo Stárrk Cόrrvo
Guild Leader For:
Order of Silence & Disciples of Ragnos

CourtneyWoods
02.28.2013 , 03:34 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello!

I wanted to jump in here and let you know that Eric has confirmed that we made some improvements to crashing issues in the latest patch, but we are aware that this issue may still occur and we are actively working on fixing this.

Hope this helps! Thanks!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bullsith
03.01.2013 , 01:27 AM | #9
Crash occurs when the ship travels and the planet is supposed to appear outside the ship, it is the same with the republic equivalent of the black talon instance.

Fix it, dear devs, it's probably one of the most popular dungeons, considering it's the very first one.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Sunfire_
03.01.2013 , 04:09 AM | #10
Same problem exists in the Foundry (Empire) mission, right at the start when the ship travels to the Foundry. It's on the Known Issues list for ages. It would be nice to see it fixed though, currently everyone is dreading getting the Foundry through random group finder rotation