Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just started a bounty hunter?

Master_Hitsugaya
02.16.2013 , 10:52 AM | #1
Ok I got my bounty hunter outfitted in despot armor(bracers and belt) and a black nebula blaster and plan on jus modding them to 50 but I am also looking for advice.

1 merc vs power tech? Which is the best ranged dps

2 what tree of merc or power tech should I go down for dps

3 what. Is a good skill setup?

WaldoA
02.16.2013 , 10:54 AM | #2
Merc is better ranged DPS, Arsenal is best DPS tree, and I'm not too sure since I've barely played my Merc past 30.

schnopsnosn
02.16.2013 , 10:59 AM | #3
PT is basically a melee/close range-DPS.
And tbh I find the PT to be much more enjoyable.

WaldoA
02.16.2013 , 11:04 AM | #4
I prefer my 30 Merc to my 50 Vangaurd to be honest.

Master_Hitsugaya
02.16.2013 , 11:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Merc is better ranged DPS, Arsenal is best DPS tree, and I'm not too sure since I've barely played my Merc past 30.
That is the specilization and tree I was thinking about chosing but was not sure I keep hearing people say merc is bad that it can't beat anything?

ahduth
02.16.2013 , 01:54 PM | #6
Mercs are the worst possible class to play in pvp. PTs are among the best. PTs also do more raid damage than mercs. So unless you're going to heal, go PT.
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
The arguement is that we shouldnt have to hybrid ourselves out like prostitutes to be viable

Master_Hitsugaya
02.16.2013 , 03:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ahduth View Post
Mercs are the worst possible class to play in pvp. PTs are among the best. PTs also do more raid damage than mercs. So unless you're going to heal, go PT.
What tree in pt is good? And if I do pt I can still do rangers right cause I thought it was melee.

yoomazir
02.16.2013 , 08:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Hitsugaya View Post
What tree in pt is good? And if I do pt I can still do rangers right cause I thought it was melee.
Pyrotech for DPS, Shieldtech for tanking, and yes PT is a melee character.

LOL, giving PT tips in a merc forum, how low our class has fallen.

JimmyTheCannon
02.17.2013 , 06:02 PM | #9
Only focus on PT if you're going to play a lot of PVP. If you don't really care about that, Merc is great.

PTs *do* have some ranged attacks - basically, any attack that Bounty Hunters get that has a range of 30 will stay at a range of 30 for Powertechs. Unload, Explosive Dart, Rail Shot, Rapid Shots, and Death From Above will all stay at a 30 meter range. That said, most of a Powertech's DPS requires 4-10 meters max.

Mercs are FANTASTIC for PVE DPS. I can regularly out-DPS equally geared Marauders and Snipers (and for crying out loud people stop telling me they must be doing something wrong, that's just annoying).

yoomazir
02.18.2013 , 01:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Mercs are FANTASTIC for PVE DPS. I can regularly out-DPS equally geared Marauders and Snipers (and for crying out loud people stop telling me they must be doing something wrong, that's just annoying).
Not really.