Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Cathar what ever happened to them?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The Cathar what ever happened to them?!

olschoolus
02.14.2013 , 02:24 AM | #1
OKies i know back around 1.3 mention came up about the Cathar ... am i missing something or did BW kill this? is it still coming? or did we just get a whole line of promises for a later date that will never happen.. its not that hard to put in the new race... your slapping in new pointless stuff all the time.

Never_Hesitate
02.14.2013 , 02:27 AM | #2
Just focus on other parts of the game for the moment.
The Cathar will come but nobody knows when.
To implement a new race is a lot of work and they have RotHc on the line as well.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Darka
02.14.2013 , 03:18 AM | #3
No date all we know is that its being added Via Cartel market
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM - Gaming Community Est 2006
¨ Information
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

AlexDougherty
02.14.2013 , 04:55 AM | #4
They come with the "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" expansion, so about mid-march.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Kvasiraz
02.14.2013 , 05:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
They come with the "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" expansion, so about mid-march.
This is not certain information. The Cathar will more than likely be implemented months after the upcoming expansion once most of the inevitable bugs have been squashed. I would say weeks, but I don't have the impression that the development team is properly staffed.

Vigilanis
02.14.2013 , 05:25 AM | #6
I think it will be after the RoTHC due to the testing and programming needed to implement, I am personally not particularly looking forward to a Thundercat, but at least it adds an extra option for players, and will hopefully pave the way for more 'desirable' species...What I do have a problem with is it going to Cartel Marketplace.....But alas no firm dates are released yet so we shall wait and see.
The Legend of Vigi
The Sunrider Legacy

lorddragone
02.14.2013 , 06:01 PM | #7
My opinion is that the Cathar will not ge implemented as a playable race. It was mentioned that they would be and most likely with update 1.4 (I think that was the update) but then nothing happened and nothing has been said by Bio since then. It appears they are focusing on new content instead of adding a new playable race.

Sith-Viscera
02.14.2013 , 06:12 PM | #8
I do not see this being that hard to implement do to the fact the species is already in the game look on Taris and i believe the trooper gets a Cathar companion so the only Technical reason why it would take awhile to Implement is because of the voice over and story line that would need to be done and created to implement into the game.

CaptRavenous
02.15.2013 , 02:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
I do not see this being that hard to implement do to the fact the species is already in the game look on Taris and i believe the trooper gets a Cathar companion so the only Technical reason why it would take awhile to Implement is because of the voice over and story line that would need to be done and created to implement into the game.
You'd be suprised what's hard for EAware to do.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Locksley
02.16.2013 , 07:30 AM | #10
Think they got fleas and bioware didnt want them passing them on to the community!! seriously though they are coming and id bet that if they are a success we will see other "basic" speaking races.
You will learn your place young one

Delerium (sage), Sophi'e (sorc).Deucalion (guardian), D'ale (Jug).