Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crapload of Gear Boxes in Space Pirate Packs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crapload of Gear Boxes in Space Pirate Packs

TheBBP
02.12.2013 , 05:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Datku View Post
Yea no kidding. They cost like just under 8k coins for the 24-pak of boxes. If you buy the 2400 and the 5500 coin packs you just spent $60 dollars. And this guy bought one then another...$120 in cartel paks. I guess there are suckers born every minute....
How a person spends their disposable income does not make them a sucker.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Zsavooz
02.12.2013 , 05:44 PM | #22
Why do people have a problem with someone who wants to spend THEIR MONEY!? You think it's a waste, fine, don't buy it and save your collective breaths for your inflatable dates!

Darth-Rammstein
02.12.2013 , 05:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
How a person spends their disposable income does not make them a sucker.
Actually it does. Why anyone would spend hundreds of dollars per month on cartel packs is beyond me. Most of the crap in those boxes sell for barely anything on the gtn, would be easier to just buy it with in game currency. Not only does it make them suckers but it screws over future games because other companies will see that EA gets away with adding micro transactions to all their games so now everyone else will do it too.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Abashai
02.12.2013 , 05:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Actually it does. Why anyone would spend hundreds of dollars per month on cartel packs is beyond me. Most of the crap in those boxes sell for barely anything on the gtn, would be easier to just buy it with in game currency. Not only does it make them suckers but it screws over future games because other companies will see that EA gets away with adding micro transactions to all their games so now everyone else will do it too.
You must be on a bad server. I made just over 6M in credits from selling basic crap from these packs. Some of the individual items sell for millions each.

Oh, and I don't spend hundreds each month.

MidnyteTragedy
02.12.2013 , 05:53 PM | #25
Other games have had micro transactions for years before this game. They wouldn't be going F2P with the Cartel Shop if it wasn't a viable business model based on the experience of other gaming franchises.

If someone wants to spend their disposable income on Cartel Coins and buy things in the shop, more power to them. These 'suckers' as they have been called are actually helping the survivability of this game.
Member of Arch Presidium on The Ebon Hawk
Mídnyte - lvl 55 Sith Assassin / Ta-Khara - lvl 50 Mercenary
Felyn'dril - lvl 49 Jedi Sentinel / Majidah - lvl 45 Marauder

Claprica
02.12.2013 , 05:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Abashai View Post
You must be on a bad server. I made just over 6M in credits from selling basic crap from these packs. Some of the individual items sell for millions each.

Oh, and I don't spend hundreds each month.
Umm wouldnt the items in the new packs still be bound to account?
How did you sell it already?

Or is there no bind time anymore?
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server

Zsavooz
02.12.2013 , 05:55 PM | #27
so quit, show these bastid devs who's the boss.... I play the game and sometimes buy cartel coins, wow, $20 really kicks my butt. I look forward to the new cartel items, I really do. Not a pack buyer but love me some of the speeders. What is the problem? Play your way, don't buy cartel points. Guess what, you can still play the game the way you want. None of this stuff really gives anyone an in game advantage.

Abashai
02.12.2013 , 05:58 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Claprica View Post
Umm wouldnt the items in the new packs still be bound to account?
How did you sell it already?

Or is there no bind time anymore?
Hey, sorry for the confusion. I was speaking to a few packs I bought over the weekend. You are correct on the Binding of items from the new packs.

Irishay
02.12.2013 , 06:00 PM | #29
Bought 10 of the new packs and have half of a bank tab filled with gear boxes. In one pack I got 3 boxes. Other than that craziness, I did manage to get 2 of the new lime-green crystals and a Ubrikki Talon--which is a Sand Devil with a Krayt Dragon skull on the front. I don't know if that's new, but it's awesome IMO.

Abashai
02.12.2013 , 06:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishay View Post
Bought 10 of the new packs and have half of a bank tab filled with gear boxes. In one pack I got 3 boxes. Other than that craziness, I did manage to get 2 of the new lime-green crystals and a Ubrikki Talon--which is a Sand Devil with a Krayt Dragon skull on the front. I don't know if that's new, but it's awesome IMO.
Yep, that is the new one that was used for the pack image.