Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vadadagon
02.15.2013 , 12:30 PM | #131
OK so maybe I missed something or I'm just having one of those days. When reading up on the Game Update (based on the adverts) it says you have to buy it.

So is the upgrade for everyone or just for those that purchase the upgrade?

Wodaz
02.15.2013 , 12:41 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Vadadagon View Post
OK so maybe I missed something or I'm just having one of those days. When reading up on the Game Update (based on the adverts) it says you have to buy it.

So is the upgrade for everyone or just for those that purchase the upgrade?
Not that I'm aware of?

"Greetings and salutations, scoundrels and Force wielders alike! Today we’re celebrating the release of Game Update 1.7: The Return of the Gree. This update contains a brand new Reputation system, as well as a complete refactor of Ilum as part of a new, recurring event. Even better, the major contents of this patch are largely open to all -- both Free-to-Play as well as Subscribers get the benefits of the Reputation System, as well as access to the event."

Quote from here 1.7 Gree Event
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"
Free Character Transfer and stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/f39w6v

Kissakias
02.15.2013 , 03:24 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Sounds cool, but I have a little bit of a problem with the event timing. So, it will be there, and then leave. That's cool, depending on when it comes back. Are talking weeks? months? Many months?

This will be kind of a bogus update if the event only happens a few times a year. I'm thinking every month or so. Make it a bit random. So 5-8 weeks.

But I interpret your timing to be, 2-3 times a year. I think that is a bit too little imho. I guess time will tell. I do like the idea of people saying, hey, the Gree event popped on Ilum!
not only what u say, but also....
are rumors that when the event ends we all loose the reputations we earn, and we need to re-earn them when the event come back
really need a dev confirmation on this if its real
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!

jvass
02.15.2013 , 04:06 PM | #134
yeaa i dont get it when u do the ancient gree relays u get thet pet and thats it? the event Is over?
And another question, u need champion title to buy those guns... this cannot be done in 2 weeks, no way so im a little dissapointed... but nice job uv done on ilum

Meowzette
02.15.2013 , 05:59 PM | #135
Overall I'm happy with the event. I've completed dailies for it every day, and normally cycle thru all my 50s to max the reputation tokens. I love the look of the "new" Ilum and the Gray Secant (well done Devs!). But, like many others I find the ganking and overall harassment in the Gree Enclave area atrocious. I have no problem with PVP, no issue with doing dailies inside the PVP zone, being flagged for PVP, or random acts of violence against my toon in pursuit of an objective. Big deal, it's a PVP zone. However, when it's constant 4 on 1 and 5 on 1 it becomes an exercise in patience. And I'm not paying a subscription to learn patience. Or am I?! I'd love to know how the Developers strategized soloing "Charging the Pylons" when a guild camps the area and defends it. (A tutorial video on YouTube would be ever so helpful.)

So how about the Gree put their very smart noggins together and come up with a device usable in the Contested Area that renders all gear/weaponry useless except our Legacy unlocks for barroom brawling. It would at least give those abilities a more worthy use than the afterthought that they are. And perhaps result in some of us feeling better about showing up to our execution, and who knows, we might all wind up at the Slippery Slope telling tales and buying rounds of ale.
Begeren Colony - The Godwyne Legacy
Guild Master - Council of Dragons / Light in the Darkness

SupremeLegate
02.15.2013 , 06:11 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Meowzette View Post
Overall I'm happy with the event. I've completed dailies for it every day, and normally cycle thru all my 50s to max the reputation tokens. I love the look of the "new" Ilum and the Gray Secant (well done Devs!). But, like many others I find the ganking and overall harassment in the Gree Enclave area atrocious. I have no problem with PVP, no issue with doing dailies inside the PVP zone, being flagged for PVP, or random acts of violence against my toon in pursuit of an objective. Big deal, it's a PVP zone. However, when it's constant 4 on 1 and 5 on 1 it becomes an exercise in patience. And I'm not paying a subscription to learn patience. Or am I?! I'd love to know how the Developers strategized soloing "Charging the Pylons" when a guild camps the area and defends it. (A tutorial video on YouTube would be ever so helpful.)

So how about the Gree put their very smart noggins together and come up with a device usable in the Contested Area that renders all gear/weaponry useless except our Legacy unlocks for barroom brawling. It would at least give those abilities a more worthy use than the afterthought that they are. And perhaps result in some of us feeling better about showing up to our execution, and who knows, we might all wind up at the Slippery Slope telling tales and buying rounds of ale.
I think the Devs were not expecting people to be butts like that. So far I have the PvP dailies twice; the first time a guild was doing everything to impeded people, while the second time a nice orderly que formed.

DanNV
02.15.2013 , 06:26 PM | #137
First, there are some really good things in this event. My problem is that the Devs obviously didn't factor in the number of solo players they have and the number of people who feel that a group of 4 attacking 1 is the best play there is. But then I am beginning to expect foolish decisions from the Devs. Priorities are all screwed up, it seems.

The first priority should be to fix the damage the devs have done to PVP. It was pretty good prior to 1.2, Since then every "fix" just makes it worse. Buff what doesn't need to be buffed, nerf what doesn't need to be nerfed. Make stupid excuses. Repeat. How about fixing stun? How about removing the buffs and nerfs from 1.2 forward.

Want to fix stun, simple, you're immune to stun for as long as you were stunned. Stunned for 3 seconds, immune for 3 seconds, 30 seconds, immune for 30 seconds. Simple. Dump resolve, etc. Eliminate stun locking, chaining stuns forever, etc. How hard can it be, really? Do the Devs even actually play with everyone else?

Then for events like this, don't put dailies in PVP areas. Don't try to force people who are perfectly happy soloing PVE into having to find groups to do things in a PVP area. This event is the worst thing they could have done for open world PVP, period. How many people are now absolutely fed up with PVP because of poor behavior of some groups. Is that really what the Devs were aiming for? If so they succeeded. If not, they failed miserably. This area will end up as empty as Outlaws Den. Sad, but that's how it is going to end up. The vast majority of players on non-PVP servers will simply avoid it so they don't have to deal with the poor behavior of a few.

Now, I've done the full set of dailies each day, so far. However each day it's harder and harder to complete the dalies in the PVP area because of groups being allowed to camp out and attack people just trying to complete dailies and move on. If I wanted to deal with PVP all the time, I'd have put my characters on a PVP server. I don't, so I didn't. I PVP in warzones, that's plenty. Forcing me to put up with idiots and children in order to participate in an event pisses me off to no end. (And yes, if you want to stand a chance at getting enough rep to get the gear, you have ot do the PVP area missions, no way around it unless you've got a full set of 50's.)

I pay to play this game. I shouldn't be forced to put up with extra BS just to participate in an event, not if BW wants me to continue paying them. If they want people to continue paying, fix the problems the Devs have created and made worse with their "fixes". Make events on PVE servers so they can be completed by PVE players without having to deal with PVP. Let the people who really want PVP in their events go play on PVP servers. Everyone will be happier.

Raansu
02.15.2013 , 08:51 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
My problem is that the Devs obviously didn't factor in the number of solo players they have and the number of people who feel that a group of 4 attacking 1 is the best play there is.
There are plenty of people every day asking for groups on Ilum. Group up with them, its not that difficult.

Then for events like this, don't put dailies in PVP areas. Don't try to force people who are perfectly happy soloing PVE into having to find groups to do things in a PVP area.
No one is forcing pvp on anyone. There are 4 pve quests, two world bosses and an operations boss. There is only TWO PVP quests, and you don't even have to do them. Even if you have zero alts, you will reach the rep cap long before the week is over if you do the quests every day without the need doing the pvp quests. You are NOT being forced to do them and I'm getting sick and tired of reading that both here and in general chat on Ilum. You don't want to pvp or get ganked? Then don't go into the damn contested area.

If anything, PvE is being forced onto PvP players and we get a slap in the face with one small pvp area and two worthless pvp quests that give a whopping 100 warzone commendations and some rep *whoopdie doo*

(And yes, if you want to stand a chance at getting enough rep to get the gear, you have ot do the PVP area missions, no way around it unless you've got a full set of 50's.)
Even if you had a bunch of 50's no one is going to reach champion status before the event is over. The weekly cap wont allow it. Even if the cap wasn't there, no you would not have to do the pvp missions at all. You get rep from the dailies, you get rep from the world bosses (that spawn every 2 hours in multiple instances) and you get ALOT of rep for downing the operations boss. You PvE players get all kinds of pve content all the time. It wont kill you to let PvP players have those two quests.

I pay to play this game. I shouldn't be forced to put up with extra BS just to participate in an event, not if BW wants me to continue paying them. If they want people to continue paying, fix the problems the Devs have created and made worse with their "fixes". Make events on PVE servers so they can be completed by PVE players without having to deal with PVP. Let the people who really want PVP in their events go play on PVP servers. Everyone will be happier.
Oh look, I can throw that same logic back at you. PvP players pay to play this game to. Maybe we are tired of having PvE content shoved down our throats while being ignored patch after patch with minimal content while PvE players get new content all the time. If they want people to continue playing then maybe they should fix the balance issues with pvp and stop feeding the pve players and slamming cosmetic cartel crap down our throats.

Kaze-Yama
02.15.2013 , 09:33 PM | #139
After playing a bit more this is definitely my favorite event ever in SWTOR. Even though I maxed out my weekly rep and I don't really care about getting champion level or grinding for weapons since I just want the armor I still found myself playing just because of how fun the open world pvp is and the crazy stuff that can happen.

I will be really sad to see this area of ilum disappear and I wish that it could become a permanent fixture of daily missions even after the event ends. You don't have previous problems like random drops or quest items taking forever to respawn like in other events and aside from that one quest you don't have to travel all over and waste a bunch of time running you actually get to play the game.

Only thing I am worried about is how the reputation system functions for 1.7 after the event. I was hoping the rep system would have some more significant rewards aside from just more palette swaps of existing armor and one mini pet it was kind of disappointing since nothing really jumped out as being must have from any of the reputation vendors. I also hope that they add more stuff or ranks because you can earn a lot of rep just by doing dailies and reach the weekly cap fairly easily. I know they don't want it to be a grind but having different tiers of gear or rewards based on your rep level seems better whereas now it is really Friend you unlock the 2 armors and champion you unlock everything else with nothing for the other levels is kind of disappointing.

DanNV
02.16.2013 , 12:41 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
There are plenty of people every day asking for groups on Ilum. Group up with them, its not that difficult.
The point is, there are a lot of people who DON'T want to group. Hense, SOLO players. They are a larger part of this game than you seem to think.

Quote:
No one is forcing pvp on anyone. There are 4 pve quests, two world bosses and an operations boss. There is only TWO PVP quests, and you don't even have to do them. Even if you have zero alts, you will reach the rep cap long before the week is over if you do the quests every day without the need doing the pvp quests. You are NOT being forced to do them and I'm getting sick and tired of reading that both here and in general chat on Ilum. You don't want to pvp or get ganked? Then don't go into the damn contested area.
If you want the reputation you have to do all of the missions, PVE and PVP. If you don't, you can't get enough to get high enough during the event to get the goodies. Hence, PVE players are forced to PVP. If players want full-time PVP, roll toons on a PVP server. It's that easy. I'm tired of PVP players complaining on PVE servers.

Quote:
If anything, PvE is being forced onto PvP players and we get a slap in the face with one small pvp area and two worthless pvp quests that give a whopping 100 warzone commendations and some rep *whoopdie doo*
Go play on a PVP server. Simple. Then you can PVP everywhere both factions appear, all the time. Enjoy. Those of us who don't like it will stick to the PVE servers and we'll all be happier.

Quote:
Even if you had a bunch of 50's no one is going to reach champion status before the event is over. The weekly cap wont allow it. Even if the cap wasn't there, no you would not have to do the pvp missions at all. You get rep from the dailies, you get rep from the world bosses (that spawn every 2 hours in multiple instances) and you get ALOT of rep for downing the operations boss. You PvE players get all kinds of pve content all the time. It wont kill you to let PvP players have those two quests.
It won't hurt you PVP players to leave PVE players alone, either. Go play on a PVP server and you won't have to deal with those of us who aren't PVP players.

Quote:
Oh look, I can throw that same logic back at you. PvP players pay to play this game to. Maybe we are tired of having PvE content shoved down our throats while being ignored patch after patch with minimal content while PvE players get new content all the time. If they want people to continue playing then maybe they should fix the balance issues with pvp and stop feeding the pve players and slamming cosmetic cartel crap down our throats.
They already have a place for PVP players to play, PVP servers. Go play there and you have all the PVP you want.

I do, however agree that they need to fix the problems they keep making worse in PVP, see my original comments on that subject.

Also, this game is story driven. That content is going to be way more PVE than PVP just by the nature of how the story works. However, for those people who really like PVP, there are full time PVP servers. Might be a better place for people who really want PVP to play.